hiring process
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hiring process

Unregistered

hiring process

I just submitted my application, and was wondering how long the process with your department typically takes for a cadet to be hired. I'm not looking for the perks of the job, just seriously interested in getting hired. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Unregistered
    Try the county.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I just submitted my application, and was wondering how long the process with your department typically takes for a cadet to be hired. I'm not looking for the perks of the job, just seriously interested in getting hired. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    This place is a $hit hole.
    Try with any of the Broward agencies, you won't regret it.

Unregistered
    Shithole ? One of the top paid 3 depts to work for in FL and you call it a shithole? Good luck on applying , it’s a great agency. Don’t let the guys who have ruined their careers here change you’re mind. We have a great chief and decent admin minus a few . It usually takes a few months, some people just love complaining because they never have worked anywhere else.

Unregistered

Unregistered

Watch your six

Every place has positives and negatives, but a huge negative for our department is the HR section. The lady in charge of the hiring is on a power trip and truly unprofessional. This from a person who is supposed to be the model of ethics and fair treatment for our department. Good luck!

Unregistered

Thanks.
    OP, are you Certified or Non-Certified?
    i've been processing with Aventura as Non-Cert since last August..
    When i interviewed i was very impressed with the agency and people that i met and i am looking forward BIG time joining Aventura PD.
    I live in NY now, but hopefully soon will be in Aventura!

Unregistered

Interview

OP, are you Certified or Non-Certified?
    i've been processing with Aventura as Non-Cert since last August..
    When i interviewed i was very impressed with the agency and people that i met and i am looking forward BIG time joining Aventura PD.
    I live in NY now, but hopefully soon will be in Aventura!
    I hope you don't mind me asking you a question. Is there any study material available for the written test before the interview?

Unregistered
    I hope you don't mind me asking you a question. Is there any study material available for the written test before the interview?
    Not that i know of..
    You may call Broward College IPS and see if they have any study material. I took mine there, it's pass or fail not a point system as some departments think.

Also, it's pretty easy and very common sense type of test.

Unregistered
    Not that i know of..
    You may call Broward College IPS and see if they have any study material. I took mine there, it's pass or fail not a point system as some departments think.

Also, it's pretty easy and very common sense type of test.
    Thank you very much for your reply. I actually do have an interview scheduled and I was told that there will be a written assessment test prior to the interview.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast