Hiring?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hiring?

Unregistered

Hiring?

I'm currently looking for a smaller department to join bringing years of experience with me from south Florida. I was curious if anyone could provide pros/cons on the department and the hiring process if you're currently accepting applications. I think my experience would be more appreciated at a smaller department. Any information would be great!
    Thanks and stay safe.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm currently looking for a smaller department to join bringing years of experience with me from south Florida. I was curious if anyone could provide pros/cons on the department and the hiring process if you're currently accepting applications. I think my experience would be more appreciated at a smaller department. Any information would be great!
    Thanks and stay safe.
    Yes we are hiring. However, I would not recommend this agency due to the constant drama, and very low pay (less than a security guard). Just look at the command structure, it's chief then sgt and then all rookies with very little senior people. And all the rookies are all already applying somewhere else. Starting pay for bartow is $15 something and security guard at G4S starts at $17.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes we are hiring. However, I would not recommend this agency due to the constant drama, and very low pay (less than a security guard). Just look at the command structure, it's chief then sgt and then all rookies with very little senior people. And all the rookies are all already applying somewhere else. Starting pay for bartow is $15 something and security guard at G4S starts at $17.
    Tank you for your response.

Unregistered
    Can anyone tell me if the Chief trying to get salaries raised like every other city in the county.

Unregistered

Maybe....

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Unregistered

chief

The chief has nothing to do with salary raises. It's between the union, city manager, and commission.
    GL has a very short time left then hopefully we will see some movement in pay.

Unregistered

Union

Our union is worthless! When have they gotten us anything the general employees didn't get? Negotiations are a joke at best. Just going through the motions.

Unregistered
    Thank you for answering my question. I would like to work for a small agency but the money is to low. Does anyone on here know anything about Winter Haven, Haines City or Lake Whales because couldn't find a forum for these agencies. They seem to have descent starting salaries.

Unregistered

Hiring?

You may want to try Auburndale Police Department as well. They currently have some positions available. I think the starting pay is around $39,000 with free health and dental.

Unregistered
    We have 9 openings

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast