Hiring? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hiring?

Unregistered
    9 openings? Is bartow doubling the size of the department?

Unregistered
    How do we have 9 openings?

Unregistered
    Cause everyone that can leave does! Or, those who can't get fired! The city manager, commission and chief have turned a blind eye.

Unregistered

Department Questions

I am hoping an officer or someone with rank will respond to the following with honesty instead of sarcasm or the normal disgruntled flavor. Just genuine inquiries.

Does BPD have take home cars, if so what is the limits?
    Is medical insurance for the officer paid for by the city?
    Does BPD work the normal Panama shift? Meaning a short week and a long week, off every other weekend.
    12 hours shifts?
    Is it true that the vast majority of the road officers are all brand new or only a couple years experience?
    From Oral Board, how long does the process take? Given the large number of openings I'd assume it's fairly quick.
    Where would be a good area in the county to rent/buy if necessary? As I'm not from the area and would be relocating possibly.
    Is the 2 year contract for new officers to BPD an actual thing?
    Any truth that Polk County SO will be taking the city, or is this all just rumor mill?

Thank You and be safe

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am hoping an officer or someone with rank will respond to the following with honesty instead of sarcasm or the normal disgruntled flavor. Just genuine inquiries.

Does BPD have take home cars, if so what is the limits?
    Is medical insurance for the officer paid for by the city?
    Does BPD work the normal Panama shift? Meaning a short week and a long week, off every other weekend.
    12 hours shifts?
    Is it true that the vast majority of the road officers are all brand new or only a couple years experience?
    From Oral Board, how long does the process take? Given the large number of openings I'd assume it's fairly quick.
    Where would be a good area in the county to rent/buy if necessary? As I'm not from the area and would be relocating possibly.
    Is the 2 year contract for new officers to BPD an actual thing?
    Any truth that Polk County SO will be taking the city, or is this all just rumor mill?

Thank You and be safe
    Yes we have take home cars. As long as you live in polk you will be fine with the take home policy. We have several different ins programs. One is free which is the basic ins and pretty much the more ins you want, the more you pay. We work 12 hour shifts and yes it's the same as Panama. Yes most of the road officers are new but this is what your going to get with low pay at an agency. Yes no matter if your experienced or not you will have to sign a 2 year contract.

Reference where to live in polk, well you need to come and check the county out and see what you like.

And no on the polk county sheriff taking over. However, if they did it would mean a big raise to every officer at this agency.

If you want my honest advice, look at Lakeland or PCSO. It's batter all the around.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
    yes we have take home cars. As long as you live in polk you will be fine with the take home policy. We have several different ins programs. One is free which is the basic ins and pretty much the more ins you want, the more you pay. We work 12 hour shifts and yes it's the same as panama. Yes most of the road officers are new but this is what your going to get with low pay at an agency. Yes no matter if your experienced or not you will have to sign a 2 year contract.

Reference where to live in polk, well you need to come and check the county out and see what you like.

And no on the polk county sheriff taking over. However, if they did it would mean a big raise to every officer at this agency.

If you want my honest advice, look at lakeland or pcso. It's batter all the around.
    thank you, be safe

Unregistered

Confused

I can't keep up.....how many openings to we have now? Please include the total amount including the ranked positions. Thanks

Unregistered

Hiring steps

can someone explain the hiring process from start to finish because I know every agency is different.

Unregistered

Salaries

I see Bartow PD has raised their starting salaries and I guess everyone received a pay raise? Can someone answer this question Has the moral in the department change?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    can someone explain the hiring process from start to finish because I know every agency is different.
    Bumping up this post. How are things going now? Still hiring? What is the hiring process like?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast