Mandatory citizen stops? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'll defend a Major Mustache on that one. That's not what said or wants. That's not what anyone of the brass said or want. In fact you're doing the opposite of what they want. Go work, go find bad guys, go find things to do. Idiots like you turn it into pure numbers and that's not what he said.
    Here is the problem. When we go into neighborhoods, we generally find less stats compared to staying on main roadways with higher traffic. So if I spend time in the neighborhoods looking for burglars than generally your stats might be lower. When you threatened your troops with being written up for not having higher stats, you then decide that it's better to get your stats on the main roadways than risking getting lower stats in this neighborhoods. There will be times, on weekends, we are getting killed on calls, and not have time for stats. Now, you have to think what is important, stats or neighborhoods.

This is what should have happened. Address the problem with the deputies that have no to low stats. This is the job of the LT and sgt to address the problem. If they don't get the stats up then transfer them to day shift. Court house, etc. instead, they decided to punish the entire agency. This why we have a lack of leadership. Most of our supervisors have no experience and we lazy as deputies but in their minds they were great and real go getters.

Now the favor of the month or week is stats. With stats some areas will suffer like patrolling neighborhoods. You reap what you sow. Stop the micro management, and let the guys do their jobs. If there is a problem, let the sgt and LT do their job. It's called Chain of Command.

Unregistered
    No wonder you get micromanaged. You can write a basic paragraph.

The burglars know that if they make it to the car they are away clean. Even a pit on a stolen car is risky with the current verbiage. It makes guys say it's not worth risk.

Unregistered

Then tell us directly

I'll defend a Major Mustache on that one. That's not what said or wants. That's not what anyone of the brass said or want. In fact you're doing the opposite of what they want. Go work, go find bad guys, go find things to do. Idiots like you turn it into pure numbers and that's not what he said.
    Then show up at read-off and tell us what you want. The rumor around Patrol is the third floor is looking at numbers only. If you want quality FIR's then the stats will be lower. Dogs on the beach, jaywalkers, and passengers in cars are what's being generated. These numbers are busy work, but give them what they want at the end of the day. Oh and don't forget to look up ILP, house checks, warrants, directed patrols, knock and talks, Vehicle Burglary Prevention, get your two FIR's, two traffic stops, and two reports, back up other Deputies on traffic stops, back up other deputies on their calls, and if there is time you may take a 30 minute lunch break, but subject to be called off. When your done that make sure to get these reports in by the end of your shift. I recall a certain read-off where Car 1 said NO to 12 hours shifts. The major reason he was opposed to this was Deputies getting fatigued in a long 12 hour day. Hmmmm, I wonder what happens when the demands are so high, and the threats of being written up do to a Deputy. Physically this job is not hard, ask some of our overweight Deputies. The mental aspect is where the fatigue comes to play. With mental fatigue you have to think about mental awareness and decision making. We will never know if one bad decision is made on this theory, but is it worth it? Before I get hammered from the crowd, I am not in any way suggesting we be allowed to do nothing and sit under a tree all day. What I am saying is lets just use some common sense and focus on the people who have very low numbers and do nothing all day. We all know who they are.

Unregistered
    Then show up at read-off and tell us what you want. The rumor around Patrol is the third floor is looking at numbers only. If you want quality FIR's then the stats will be lower. Dogs on the beach, jaywalkers, and passengers in cars are what's being generated. These numbers are busy work, but give them what they want at the end of the day. Oh and don't forget to look up ILP, house checks, warrants, directed patrols, knock and talks, Vehicle Burglary Prevention, get your two FIR's, two traffic stops, and two reports, back up other Deputies on traffic stops, back up other deputies on their calls, and if there is time you may take a 30 minute lunch break, but subject to be called off. When your done that make sure to get these reports in by the end of your shift. I recall a certain read-off where Car 1 said NO to 12 hours shifts. The major reason he was opposed to this was Deputies getting fatigued in a long 12 hour day. Hmmmm, I wonder what happens when the demands are so high, and the threats of being written up do to a Deputy. Physically this job is not hard, ask some of our overweight Deputies. The mental aspect is where the fatigue comes to play. With mental fatigue you have to think about mental awareness and decision making. We will never know if one bad decision is made on this theory, but is it worth it? Before I get hammered from the crowd, I am not in any way suggesting we be allowed to do nothing and sit under a tree all day. What I am saying is lets just use some common sense and focus on the people who have very low numbers and do nothing all day. We all know who they are.
    Great post.
    James

Unregistered
    Great post.
    James
    I thought his post was a bit whiney, but why is it always James? That post sounded like an NDS deputy for sure. I dont think Mclynas knows all that you think he does. But thanks for stopping by BG's nut sack washer.

Unregistered
    I thought his post was a bit whiney, but why is it always James? That post sounded like an NDS deputy for sure. I dont think Mclynas knows all that you think he does. But thanks for stopping by BG's nut sack washer.
    I'm pretty sure that WAS James saying it was a great post.

Unregistered
    I doubt James was smart enough to post this. This is accurate.

Unregistered

First meeting.

Hello!
    I live in Denmark - the city of Copenhagen. I liked your forum. Razrishite to attach to it and communicate!
    Good wind and success!
    Richard Malcolm.

Unregistered
    ^^^ Wow! You guys are going viral. Round of applause for bad behavior...👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Pozdravleniya!!🎉🎊

Unregistered

??

Like a "walk and talk?"

It's portrayed as officers interacting with their communities in 'not so nice areas.' By referencing statistics, they should be inviting conversations with average citizens... But if someone with a warrant is approached they'll probably take off, likely leading to an arrest. Undoubtedly this helps to reach a quota whilst ensuring that they will come upon people willing to talk about things plaguing the community. Such as drug dealers, pimps, home invaders, and ilk, etc.

What is the problem? There is no law preventing them from approaching people and asking questions... Just like anyone else. Police officers aren't prevented from talking to citizens. Smh.

Me thinks people are either guilty or paranoid. ✌️😍

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast