Oh the flair - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh the flair

Unregistered
    Every flair position is a trooper position gone / as the flair guys sit around with nothing to do now we are even more short handed on the road. This is ludicrous

Unregistered
    The FLAIR teams are slowly being built using vacant positions, not taking spots off the road. People not in THI may not see the need or the goal but there is one. THI and road troopers are hurting in most areas of the state so I understand the frustration. I also understand the frustrations with the large amount of specialty positions that won't get on the road and help when it's needed. THI is not that. In our area THI is utilized on holidays and other times extra road coverage is needed sometimes at the detriment to their primary duties.
    Think about this. THI has more requests for voluntary demotion than any other position on the Patrol and many of the higher ups just pass through as fast as possible or skip the position all together. That should say something just by itself.
    The FLAIR teams are an attempt to solve some problems in the THI program. I feel it's hypocritical to constantly complain but not be willing to work toward making things better. I too have done my fair share of complaining but realized I was doing nothing to solve the problem. I have since decided to focus my energy to better things. I am not part of FLAIR but I support what they are trying to do and wish them well. If everyone that sat on this forum raising hell all the time actually helped with finding solutions...maybe we could get where we want.

Unregistered
    hopefully it will be a good program, as of now, no one assigned to it has a clue of what they are doing. I can tell you that they are not taking the brightest either, just look a Imel from broward, that kid has only worked 8 or 9 cases mostly non criminals. To make it simple, they are taking any thi from the road and dumping the cases on the ones that stay. Not to mention, they will also get the 2000 dollar of specialty pay with weekends off. FHP at its finest

To me is just a morale killer with the rest of the thi

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The FLAIR teams are slowly being built using vacant positions, not taking spots off the road. People not in THI may not see the need or the goal but there is one. THI and road troopers are hurting in most areas of the state so I understand the frustration. I also understand the frustrations with the large amount of specialty positions that won't get on the road and help when it's needed. THI is not that. In our area THI is utilized on holidays and other times extra road coverage is needed sometimes at the detriment to their primary duties.
    Think about this. THI has more requests for voluntary demotion than any other position on the Patrol and many of the higher ups just pass through as fast as possible or skip the position all together. That should say something just by itself.
    The FLAIR teams are an attempt to solve some problems in the THI program. I feel it's hypocritical to constantly complain but not be willing to work toward making things better. I too have done my fair share of complaining but realized I was doing nothing to solve the problem. I have since decided to focus my energy to better things. I am not part of FLAIR but I support what they are trying to do and wish them well. If everyone that sat on this forum raising hell all the time actually helped with finding solutions...maybe we could get where we want.

"If everyone that sat on this forum raising hell all the time actually helped with finding solutions...maybe we could get where we want."

Yes, that would be a step in the right direction. unfortunately there are too many of the entitled me generation that feel if little johnny gets a nickel they have to have a dime. Everyone needs to be part of the solution not the problem.

Unregistered
    Yes these positions are being taken from the road. It's called some body has got to fill it. So a corporal goes into the FLAIR spot. Now you have a vacant Corporal Spot, well a trooper FROM THE ROAD has to fill that. So in conclusion, yes it is taking people from the road.

Also, the flair team won't solve anything it's a waste! If you need more Corporals then make more Corporals, why make a special positon.....ego boost???

Unregistered
    Wow. Based on that logic, FHP should stop all promotions. Sgts take Cpls and Tprs off the road, Lts take Sgts, etc... Do you even think before posting?

Unregistered
    Wow. Based on that logic, FHP should stop all promotions. Sgts take Cpls and Tprs off the road, Lts take Sgts, etc... Do you even think before posting?
    No, but they should be like other agencies and suspend specialty operations until staffing gets above a certain percentage. You have more people x8 in IN and AD on the cad then you do in zones for the district. Are primary focus is the road and calls for service, if we can't provide this core function then what are we good for? Making Facebook post and taking pictures.

PIO,K9,Recruiting,CIU,DUI,BCII,OIG,FLAIR,QRF, Academy/Training and THI. If they don't have active casss (BCII or THI) or current appointments (PIO and Recruiting) then they should be helping out on the road.

That's my only suggestion, once staffing improves and we fix this hole in our ship, then by all means hit these specialty teams up. It's good for activity and morale.

Unregistered
    Valid points on the other positions. BCII, CIU, motors, etc... are all still LEO and can easily go out and work the road. We agree there. They just aren't made to. THI shouldn't be lumped in with them. They are hurting as bad as road troopers, if not worse in some districts. For some reason troopers think THI just sits in the office drinking coffee all day. Have you ever seen BCII work alpha/bravo for storms? Corporal do and takes 80 hours or more away from time they could be working on case. Then they hammer them for late cases.

Unregistered
    No, but they should be like other agencies and suspend specialty operations until staffing gets above a certain percentage. You have more people x8 in IN and AD on the cad then you do in zones for the district. Are primary focus is the road and calls for service, if we can't provide this core function then what are we good for? Making Facebook post and taking pictures.

PIO,K9,Recruiting,CIU,DUI,BCII,OIG,FLAIR,QRF, Academy/Training and THI. If they don't have active casss (BCII or THI) or current appointments (PIO and Recruiting) then they should be helping out on the road.

That's my only suggestion, once staffing improves and we fix this hole in our ship, then by all means hit these specialty teams up. It's good for activity and morale.
    Exactly! If the powers to be focused on what the above poster posted, EVERYTHING would improve! If this agency put the "road" first the troopers would have a better outlook and respect for Dept.

Unregistered

Calle delagacion

hopefully it will be a good program, as of now, no one assigned to it has a clue of what they are doing. I can tell you that they are not taking the brightest either, just look a Imel from broward, that kid has only worked 8 or 9 cases mostly non criminals. To make it simple, they are taking any thi from the road and dumping the cases on the ones that stay. Not to mention, they will also get the 2000 dollar of specialty pay with weekends off. FHP at its finest

To me is just a morale killer with the rest of the thi
    Stop hating on Imel, he always turns in his one case he's holding on time. He was built for Flair

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast