FHP PAT Test - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FHP PAT Test

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    At least they should join the academy with some level of fitness. Do you know how times a week during PT they run and how far?
    M-W-F are the running days in academy. They will run anywhere from 1.5 miles up to 6+ on those days and Tues-Thurs are the calisthenic days I.e push ups, sit ups and other movements. I feel like the overall training especially the PAT should be much harder. Me personally see it lacking anything to keep everyone in the best shape. Saw a few troopers the other day that were severely overweight, wasn't a good look at all. I'd be ashamed to let myself get that way and put on that uniform.

Unregistered
    FHP is an embarrassment. Just a quick look at the DHSMV facebook page shows all the spandex uniforms, and elephants working the patrol. You'd be more respected if you're just honest from the get-go. FHP brags about how they are the chit of FL law enforcement, but have no idea how to do basic things outside of crashes. The Kool-Aid they dispense at the academy is ridiculous and getting old. If you're going to be traffic cops, then be traffic cops... Don't brag how FHP is the best of the best; because anyone with any knowledge knows that's far from the truth.

This isn't a slam on an agency, it's just the FACTS. Each agency has it's own issues and excels in its respective field.

Unregistered
    It is Very Hard to find a recruit that hits all the basic metrics when the FHP is offering terrible pay, low morale and incompetent supervision.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12