FHP PAT Test
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FHP PAT Test

Unregistered

FHP PAT Test

I was looking at the FHP training academy Facebook page and some of those recruits look way out of shape. I saw two grannies, one look like she from Haiti and the other look like she been around for a while. I know for a fact these 2 individuals can't run not even a mile. FHP should start making new applicants do push ups, sit ups and a 1.5 mile run according to their age. This way Troopers are fit to at least run and save their life if they have to. But I guess FHP probably won't need to do that because all the agency does is work crash and write tickets all day.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I was looking at the FHP training academy Facebook page and some of those recruits look way out of shape. I saw two grannies, one look like she from Haiti and the other look like she been around for a while. I know for a fact these 2 individuals can't run not even a mile. FHP should start making new applicants do push ups, sit ups and a 1.5 mile run according to their age. This way Troopers are fit to at least run and save their life if they have to. But I guess FHP probably won't need to do that because all the agency does is work crash and write tickets all day.
    They make them run in the academy. But the agency does do more than just work crashes in tickets. Guess your from somewhere else and only see one side of that agency.

Unregistered
    They make them run in the academy. But the agency does do more than just work crashes in tickets. Guess your from somewhere else and only see one side of that agency.
    At least they should join the academy with some level of fitness. Do you know how times a week during PT they run and how far?

Unregistered
    At least they should join the academy with some level of fitness. Do you know how times a week during PT they run and how far?
    They PT Monday thru Friday 0545-0700. They usually start by running a mile to mile and a half. By the end of the academy they are running over 5-6iles usually. I do not know if you have ever expierenced formation running but I would say it's harder than running on your own because you usually take smaller strides. They run Monday-Wednesday-Friday and do resistance type training Tuesday-Thursday

Unregistered
    My class ran over 200 miles during our time in the academy. The PAT might be a bit of a joke, but its purpose is for the recruiters to score the candidates, not to act as a filter.

Unregistered
    Congrats. And after graduation everyone sits in the charger, eats .99 burgers and writes tickets and long forms all day. Whats the point? Let's hire these fatties and get some bodies out here!

Unregistered
    They PT Monday thru Friday 0545-0700. They usually start by running a mile to mile and a half. By the end of the academy they are running over 5-6iles usually. I do not know if you have ever expierenced formation running but I would say it's harder than running on your own because you usually take smaller strides. They run Monday-Wednesday-Friday and do resistance type training Tuesday-Thursday
    Roger that!

Unregistered
    Congrats. And after graduation everyone sits in the charger, eats .99 burgers and writes tickets and long forms all day. Whats the point? Let's hire these fatties and get some bodies out here!
    Lol.......

Unregistered

Not any of the Academy instructors can run 5 miles maybe Bill

Unregistered
    Not any of the Academy instructors can run 5 miles maybe Bill
    So this explains it. If only one instructor can run that far then that mean the rest will run less and recruits also. I would love to witness a formation run. God bless the amount of people start gasing out at 1 mile or fallout.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast