New hires

Thread: New hires

Unregistered

New hires

What the hell is vespia doing? Has he finally gone off the deep end? He is only focused on minorities. The most recent one that hardly speaks English and now I hear there are two more questionable ones in final hiring phase. What the he'll is going on here?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What the hell is vespia doing? Has he finally gone off the deep end? He is only focused on minorities. The most recent one that hardly speaks English and now I hear there are two more questionable ones in final hiring phase. What the he'll is going on here?
    destroying the department, that's why he should go now.

Unregistered
    destroying the department, that's why he should go now.
    no habla English remember he is quoted as saying no education needed he knows a good cop when he sees one, no education, no former experience or training needed. Guess you don't even need to know English now !!!!!!!

Unregistered
    To anyone even considering applying here, go to Charlotte or anywhere else, there is a reason we always have 7-11 openings, it's called admin !!!!!!!!! Low pay, no manpower and inept leaders !!!!!!

Unregistered

Um, we are a diverse community...if you haven't noticed

I'm not defending Vespia. That's the last thing I would do on this earth. However, diversity in the community requires diversity in the department. Are there not enough white guys with bald heads that speak english poorly to satisfy your caveman mentality? Please!

Unregistered
    I don't think anyone at the PD cares if new hires are male, female, black, white, etc... so long as they are competent and able to do the job; mainly stay safe and ensure those around them stay safe. But to sacrifice quality (which we are) to say we have more females or minorities is the problem. FTO needs to get back to actually washing out trainees when needed, not always.... you know, the pre-Uebelacker days. Before the "no one fails" days. The end goal is to train and pass these people, but no agency should have a 100% pass rate. The REAL problem though begins with the selection and hiring process. The department needs to better rely on those sitting on the oral boards and training, to select new hires, not basing decisions on the color of their skin.

Unregistered
    I don't think anyone at the PD cares if new hires are male, female, black, white, etc... so long as they are competent and able to do the job; mainly stay safe and ensure those around them stay safe. But to sacrifice quality (which we are) to say we have more females or minorities is the problem. FTO needs to get back to actually washing out trainees when needed, not always.... you know, the pre-Uebelacker days. Before the "no one fails" days. The end goal is to train and pass these people, but no agency should have a 100% pass rate. The REAL problem though begins with the selection and hiring process. The department needs to better rely on those sitting on the oral boards and training, to select new hires, not basing decisions on the color of their skin.
    yes they do, stop trying to blow smoke up our a$$, Its an all white bald headed male boys club, period. Females and minorities are TOLERATED !!!!!
    The problem is the admin, they hire based upon who is liked, not by qualifications, as the supreme idiot is quoted as saying I know who to hire, I don't base my hiring on previous experience, education or training, I know who is the right fit !!!!! article in sun newspaper. If there were an actual professional hiring process and your hire was based upon your training and FTO, how many of us do you think would be left. We now average 7=11 vacancies per year. Do not be disillusioned, this place is severely f#$k^d up and they are going to hire who they want. English speaking or Not.

Unregistered
    - Insert Beevus and Butthead here - "Uh...huh-huh...he said 'competent' huh-huh..."

How can we hire "competent" people when EVERYONE here above the rank of OIC is incompetent?

Unregistered
    - Insert Beevus and Butthead here - "Uh...huh-huh...he said 'competent' huh-huh..."

How can we hire "competent" people when EVERYONE here above the rank of OIC is incompetent?
    Absolutely correct, praise the warriors mentality, we are at war, its us or them, be prepared to fight to the death this being preached by all our non combat, non military, textbook warriors, most of which have never been involved in any high liability situations. Always seemed to be the last car there or already out on a call, Right Sgt ES !!!!!!! wanna be warriors. The Paranoid training division. Hopefully new chief, new way of thinking........Heard a saying years ago, sums up our leadership, most men become cops because they were bullied (includes special ed warriors) as kids and need the power of the badge to get by in life. OIC and above, they are not hard to spot.