Drug policy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drug policy

Unregistered

Drug policy

anyone have any information on FHP's drug use policy? Experimented with marijuana twice and mushrooms once my freshman year in college. its been 3 years since. Just wondering if i am still dq'd

Unregistered

Re

Well if you start of with a nice clean app then you won't get Dq'd on stupid sh*t that's not relevant

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    anyone have any information on FHP's drug use policy? Experimented with marijuana twice and mushrooms once my freshman year in college. its been 3 years since. Just wondering if i am still dq'd
    THe mushrooms are going to be your problem with most LE agencies. So agencies will DQ you for life and some will say 5-10 years. Weed is 3 years at more agencies. Have you filled out a LE app anywhere yet? They can and do compare apps to other agencies..

Unregistered
    Not sure about FHP specifically, but anything else than marijuana and the likes (hashish) is usually pretty bad, even if it has been years and only experimental. You also need to understand that agencies, including FHP, receive a good amount of applications, sometimes for very few openings, and that many applicants won't have this section of the application as loaded as yours, same goes with applications for other agencies, even if it doesn't DQ you it only makes it harder for you to get in.

Many agencies have a 3 years policy as far as marijuana, again the mushroom is the main concern imo. If it doesn't work with FHP consider sponsoring yourself through a LE academy and applying with a PD or SO, but get in touch with the PDs and SOs you would be interested in BEFORE joining an academy, a background investigator/recruiter will be able to give you a straight answer.
    It also depends on the rest of your background.

Good luck

Unregistered
    THe mushrooms are going to be your problem with most LE agencies. So agencies will DQ you for life and some will say 5-10 years. Weed is 3 years at more agencies. Have you filled out a LE app anywhere yet? They can and do compare apps to other agencies..
    Nope, I've been looking at other agencies ,I know Orlando has a three year exclusion for all drugs and Monroe county has a 1 year. Was just curious because FHP doesnt have a public disqualifier list

Unregistered
    Nope, I've been looking at other agencies ,I know Orlando has a three year exclusion for all drugs and Monroe county has a 1 year. Was just curious because FHP doesnt have a public disqualifier list
    Nope have you seen some of our troopers? They look like they used to get high on a daily basis before they applied lol

Unregistered
    Orlando is going to DQ you for the Mushrooms. THey might look at you again after about 10 years but they are pretty strict..

You might have to start at a small agency get some time under your belt and down the road apply elsewhere..

Unregistered
    Escambia County SO will take you! They've hired officers who were previously arrested for selling drugs on a school campus. Interestingly enough he was assigned to narcotics after a year or so. SMH

Unregistered
    FHP doesn't publish a drug DQ list; probably so it is easier to pick and choose who they want to DQ without fear of potential discrimination allegations.

Unregistered
    FHP doesn't publish a drug DQ list; probably so it is easier to pick and choose who they want to DQ without fear of potential discrimination allegations.
    Most agencies won't publish their exactly policy just a general overview because then it makes it easier to lie if you know what you have to lie about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast