D5 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: D5

Unregistered
    Is D5 still that short? I can honestly say it’s not like that in every district now. I went to D5 when it opened and it was over staffed for a month which was great. Then it turned back to being 6 or 8 people to handle calls in the entire district. Since going back to the district I came from it has not been crazy busy like it was prior to D5. Sure you have your lean days when people on specialty teams are out or someone calls out sick, vacation, training, etc....but it hasn’t been like the days where as soon as you get out of roll call you see 30 holding calls.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is D5 still that short? I can honestly say it’s not like that in every district now. I went to D5 when it opened and it was over staffed for a month which was great. Then it turned back to being 6 or 8 people to handle calls in the entire district. Since going back to the district I came from it has not been crazy busy like it was prior to D5. Sure you have your lean days when people on specialty teams are out or someone calls out sick, vacation, training, etc....but it hasn’t been like the days where as soon as you get out of roll call you see 30 holding calls.
    It’s not short at all. The one person b!tching here is a flat out liar trying to stir up trouble. All of the real cops are thrilled with the working conditions since Sheriff Chronister took things over. It’s great!!!

Unregistered
    Last night a D5 deputy requested x94 x18 and there were well over 10-12 units who responded within about 1-2 minutes. I even saw two CID detectives responded to assist and were there when I arrived. We aren't that short and it improves even more with each recruit class coming out. I can already notice the difference in manpower. The Sheriff is doing a nice job and we know it takes time for these changes to be implemented.

Unregistered
    So its been a few years. Still no mid shift. Still short handed. The county is now cut in a different way but its still the same old BS on patrol. Can anyone give one example how a fifth district benefited patrol in any way? Sure we have a fifth set of brass, but its worse on the street. Smaller zones with less deputies is the same as bigger zones with more deputies. We also have a new administrative department with it big fat chain of command. Thats a lot of buildings and offices. Less cops though. Not to mention they keep that call volume maxed out. Dispatching us to everything under the sun. For all the funding. For toys and admin. What ever happened to the officer to citizen ratio? Hasn't been mentioned in a long time. I wonder why.
    Im not the the creator of this thread from years ago por the OP. I did bump this thread tho with the quoted post.

I never meant this thread to be about D5. Im not in D5 and never was or care.

My point was that because they created D5, they took away all the mid shift from my district along with many deputies county wide in order to staff D5 leaving us way too short to reap the benefits of a 5th district. Sure the zones and areas and districts are smaller and in theory the conditions should be better, but we are overall much shorter than ever before. I though it would be temporary due to D5 then level off, but its been years and still no change. Its for show, its screwed us, it sucks.

It benefited detectives and the brass only.

Unregistered
    Its back to that. Run a call staus in D5 anytime. Mainly after noon. No one is x8. If they are, its only for a few minutes. Most every unit on long drawn out priority paper calls. While you are at it, see how many 1300 cars are logged on and how many calls are holding. Easy answer. Patrol is drowning. It cant last. Not 30 calls, but all it takes is two hot calls and one squad is out of commission for half the shift. Its ridiculous.

Unregistered
    It’s not short at all. The one person b!tching here is a flat out liar trying to stir up trouble. All of the real cops are thrilled with the working conditions since Sheriff Chronister took things over. It’s great!!!
    Your post is more destructive than you can imagine. You are trying to cover up a serious problem. Our safety and the safety of the public rides on a properly staffed agency. What you are doing is crooked and why people hate us.

Unregistered
    Your post is more destructive than you can imagine. You are trying to cover up a serious problem. Our safety and the safety of the public rides on a properly staffed agency. What you are doing is crooked and why people hate us.
    It isn't destructive because nobody gives a crap about what is posted on this site except the three disgruntled deputies who post here.

Unregistered
    It isn't destructive because nobody gives a crap about what is posted on this site except the three disgruntled deputies who post here.
    Then why do you respond in such a way to attempt to offset these posts? As if they are a perceived threat that must be countered. Your responses say it all.

Keep in mind, even though only a few post here, every zone partner and squad mate of mine feels the same way we do here. How can they not? Its human nature. They just don't post here or speak up about it out of fear of being “black listed” and other cute games our so called leaders play. Just like they were trained. Thats why nothing changes.

The only ones that blindly back this place up, are the ones that are not in the thick of it for the long haul. The fast trackers that were barely on the street and think they have some say in how us real first responders should feel. Go back to your office. We got real work to do out here.

Unregistered
    Then why do you respond in such a way...
    Why? Why, you idiot?! Because somebody has to counter your lies with the truth. You lie about the sheriff every day.

Unregistered
    Why? Why, you idiot?! Because somebody has to counter your lies with the truth. You lie about the sheriff every day.
    This post was not meant to be against the sheriff. This thread started before he was sheriff. I actually think he is doing the best he can given what was left behind for him to deal with. As I have mentioned before, Its the agency as a whole that is the problem. A toxic paradigm that has grown for years. Many people working here in many different ranks and areas keep that toxicity alive. This behavior is what the majority default to as correct. No matter how great the sheriff is, what Gee and Docobo and their followers have done over a long period of time will take a decade if not more to fix. Its as if they hated patrol. Not to mention patrol being on the back burner. Based on that, only what is seen or known can be fixed by a sheriff. Much of what patrol is wanting addressed is not making it up the chain. No matter how good the sheriff is, that is a serious problem. Posting about how we are properly staffed when we are not, is a perfect example of this toxic mentality. How can he address what he does not know or think is ok?

Read through this thread. Its about priorities of the agency as a whole.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast