D5 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: D5

Unregistered

oltran

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I know for certain not all Majors take 40"s at all. Our Major works his A$$ off. Early and late roll calls, weekends and nights.
    That is true. He works hard and not one of those who sits in his office and sends out memos every day. He gets out and meets his deputies. He shakes their hand genuinely. Roll calls, he is there. I'm so glad to see someone of his rank be there for his people. Thank you.

Unregistered
    Since we are on this subject, can someone explain to me what the "Citizen Patrol" does? I can say that I saw them maybe once or twice in my 3 years in D1. Now I see them almost everyday.

Unregistered
    While we are on this subject, would someone mind explaining what the "Citizen Patrol" can and can not do? 3 years in the Lutz area and I saw them maybe once. I see them quite frequently here. Had one offer to take a 04 for me the other day but I was a bit hesitant.

Unregistered
    So its been a few years. Still no mid shift. Still short handed. The county is now cut in a different way but its still the same old BS on patrol. Can anyone give one example how a fifth district benefited patrol in any way? Sure we have a fifth set of brass, but its worse on the street. Smaller zones with less deputies is the same as bigger zones with more deputies. We also have a new administrative department with it big fat chain of command. Thats a lot of buildings and offices. Less cops though. Not to mention they keep that call volume maxed out. Dispatching us to everything under the sun. For all the funding. For toys and admin. What ever happened to the officer to citizen ratio? Hasn't been mentioned in a long time. I wonder why.

Unregistered
    So its been a few years. Still no mid shift. Still short handed. The county is now cut in a different way but its still the same old BS on patrol. Can anyone give one example how a fifth district benefited patrol in any way? Sure we have a fifth set of brass, but its worse on the street. Smaller zones with less deputies is the same as bigger zones with more deputies. We also have a new administrative department with it big fat chain of command. Thats a lot of buildings and offices. Less cops though. Not to mention they keep that call volume maxed out. Dispatching us to everything under the sun. For all the funding. For toys and admin. What ever happened to the officer to citizen ratio? Hasn't been mentioned in a long time. I wonder why.
    Sounds like you’re butt-hurt because your lack of skills caused you to get passed over again.

Unregistered
    EVEN IF we had 3.2 officers/deputies per 1,000 citizens (and we are not even close to this), keep in mind this ratio statistic was created and tracked beginning almost 70 years ago. We’re talking in the 1950’s.

At that time the workload was NO WHERE NEAR what it is today. Not everyone and their brother had a cell phone. Cops weren’t called every time the wind blew, or an acorn fell to the ground. Cops weren’t writing B.S. CYA reports that took hours upon hours. I could go on.

All that to say, even if he had the average officer to citizen ratio, that number obsolete and means absolutely nothing anymore. What need to be measured is WORKLOAD per ROAD DEPUTY. All of the workload including admin time, etc., for the deputies that handle the majority of the work… PATROL.

Unregistered
    EVEN IF we had 3.2 officers/deputies per 1,000 citizens (and we are not even close to this), keep in mind this ratio statistic was created and tracked beginning almost 70 years ago. We’re talking in the 1950’s.

At that time the workload was NO WHERE NEAR what it is today. Not everyone and their brother had a cell phone. Cops weren’t called every time the wind blew, or an acorn fell to the ground. Cops weren’t writing B.S. CYA reports that took hours upon hours. I could go on.

All that to say, even if he had the average officer to citizen ratio, that number obsolete and means absolutely nothing anymore. What need to be measured is WORKLOAD per ROAD DEPUTY. All of the workload including admin time, etc., for the deputies that handle the majority of the work… PATROL.
    There are two options for you to be happy with a law enforcement career. You can accept the reality of today’s world and the way law enforcement is done. Alternately, you can create a time machine and go back to the time when people didn’t have cell phones. Grow up!

Unregistered
    There are two options for you to be happy with a law enforcement career. You can accept the reality of today’s world and the way law enforcement is done. Alternately, you can create a time machine and go back to the time when people didn’t have cell phones. Grow up!

Grow up? Is that the best you can do when presented with facts, imply someone is immature? Ok I'll play your game this time. How is he/she immature by pointing out how obsolete the officer to citizen ratio is?

Additionally, as "the best of the the best," the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office is at the bottom range of this obsolete ratio.

Our citizens should hold the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office to a higher standard!

Unregistered
    Grow up? Is that the best you can do when presented with facts, imply someone is immature? Ok I'll play your game this time. How is he/she immature by pointing out how obsolete the officer to citizen ratio is?

Additionally, as "the best of the the best," the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office is at the bottom range of this obsolete ratio.

Our citizens should hold the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office to a higher standard!
    This issue is actually being looked at by the USF criminology department but they have stagnated. What’s really needed is someone who is an expert in the field to light the way to a brighter tomorrow for all law enforcement in the nation. Please submit your thesis on how to improve the ratio issues through your chain of command who will then forward it to the criminology department for immediate implementation. The world owes you a real debt of gratitude. Your parents also deserve to be thanked as they have brought a magical being into the world at its greatest time of need. As an alternative to submitting your thesis, you also have the option to stfu and quit if you don’t like it.

Unregistered
    This issue is actually being looked at by the USF criminology department but they have stagnated. What’s really needed is someone who is an expert in the field to light the way to a brighter tomorrow for all law enforcement in the nation. Please submit your thesis on how to improve the ratio issues through your chain of command who will then forward it to the criminology department for immediate implementation. The world owes you a real debt of gratitude. Your parents also deserve to be thanked as they have brought a magical being into the world at its greatest time of need. As an alternative to submitting your thesis, you also have the option to stfu and quit if you don’t like it.

Exactly what I thought... no answer.

Here's my "thesis:" OVERSTAFF PATROL! GET RID OF BS (INVESTIGATIONS, REPORTS, AND CALLS)!

See, that was simple

Oh yeah, DONT STFU AND QUIT, THATS THEN OPPOSITE OF OVERSTAFFING PATROL.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast