Miami Police Sgt. James Faris under investigation
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Miami Police Sgt. James Faris under investigation

http://wsvn.com/news/local/former-co...eens-with-gun/

Former Hialeah Cop arrested

PEMBROKE PINES, FLA. (WSVN) - A former police officer is in jail, Friday night, after he became upset about the way two teens were driving around his neighborhood and threatened them with a gun, according to police.

Fifteen-year-old Jordan Ganthier showed 7News where he said he was hit in the head with a pistol by Perez, Monday night. His friend, 19-year-old Tyler Muraida, said he was also struck by Perez.

Pembroke Pines Police arrested 49-year-old Mario Perez, a former Hialeah Police officer, for allegedly threatening and striking the teens.

The teens said it all started when they were driving through their neighborhood and Perez felt like the car was too loud. He began chasing them in his car, the teens said, and when they stopped at the guard gate, he pulled out a gun.

“He punches Tyler with the gun. He punches Tyler with his fist and tells Tyler to get the keys out of the ignition,” Jordan said.

Muraida said Perez told him, “‘If you move or you keep moving, I’m gonna put three in you.'”

“And that’s what really scared me,” Muraida said.

The teens claim that the former officer then went around to Jordan’s side of the car.

“And says, ‘You have 10 seconds to get the hell out of here or your friend’s dead, or I swear to God, I’m going to kill your friend,'” Jordan added.

“It still echoes through my mind,” Muraida said. “It’s something you don’t get over quickly. I’m just happy that, you know, we got out of it OK.”

According to the Pembroke Pines police report, the former officer said, “If I ever see you again, I’m going to [expletive] kill you.”

Muraida and Ganthier said another man was in the car with Perez, Monday evening.

That man has since been identified Miami Police Sgt. James Faris. Miami PD told 7News they are aware of the incident and are looking into it.

Meanwhile, the younger teen, Jordan, is afraid to go to school.

“I keep thinking about how it could’ve gone down if we didn’t find the keys,” Jordan said. “What else could’ve happened?”

Muraida’s father, Mark, said pulling a gun on teens is out of line, no matter who you are.

“Regardless of if you are still law enforcement or if you are ex-law enforcement, you should be held to those standards,” Muraida said. “You know, you don’t have the right to go out and do that, just like I don’t have the right to go out and do that to someone else.”

The former officer’s attorney released a statement which read, “These kids were driving recklessly at a high rate of speed in a gated community, putting many lives at risk. Residents had complained about these kids and their recklessness to the Pembroke Pines P.D.”

Perez is due back in court next week.

Copyright 2017 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Unregistered
    That's why I moved out of pines. Over rated. Full of Overtown thug wanting to get out of the hood. Half of pines has change if you know what I mean

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's why I moved out of pines. Over rated. Full of Overtown thug wanting to get out of the hood. Half of pines has change if you know what I mean
    The only thug here is the guy he was riding with... did you even care to read or watch the video?

Unregistered
    I get it but it doesn't change that pines had totally change. The thugs went north. Full of them. Just go to a store and uou see it. Go to the pines mall and homies everywhere. They are destroying what's left of it. It once S great place in the 90s. Look at our thug officers where do they live. Pines and Miramar. Where else. Overtown north. Miramar is even worse. The west side is a homie hang out. It's the reality.

Unregistered
    An off-duty Miami police officer had a front-row seat to a violent road-rage attack Monday night and did nothing, according to a source.

The incident started when a convertible drove by the Pembroke Pines house of Mario Perez, a regional manager at a security firm and former Hialeah cop. Perez, 49, became upset because the car was "extremely loud" in his neighborhood at 16200 Southwest 6th Street, according to the arrest report.

Officers say Perez got in his car and chased down the convertible driven by a 19-year-old man. According to a source, Miami police officer, James Faris, also jumped into Perez's car.

When the teenage driver was waiting for the security gate to open, Perez allegedly got out of his car, pointed a gun at him, and then punched him in the face.

Perez then walked to the other side of the car and allegedly put a gun to the neck of a 15-year-old passenger, the report says. Perez allegedly told the teenager he had 10 seconds to start the car or he was going to kill him. The 15-year-old passenger wound up getting pistol whipped by Perez.

Before the incident was over, Perez walked back to the driver and allegedly told him "if I ever see you again, I'm going to [expletive deleted] kill you." Perez then punched the driver in the face for second time, the report says.

According to a source, Faris, the off-duty Miami police officer who was with Perez, did not intervene and has yet to inform his department of what happened.

The Miami Police department has yet to return an email asking if there's an open Internal Affairs investigation regarding Faris.
    marioperez.png
    Perez is still behind bars being held without bond. He's facing serious charges including aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.

Unregistered

A real macho man tough guy...NOT!!

Papo, Perez is a rgug....ala Whortiz. Big macho man, pulling a gun and threatening a 19 and 15 year old.

He's being held without bond..,rot in jail your thug!

Harris is tremendo comepinga too. Had a frint row seat and did absolutely nada. His ass is grass because the F&F plan does not extend to the Pines.

Hope that Harris is ROD and terminated. Perez need s some serious jail time to cool his jets. He is a menace and a clear and present danger to society.

Unregistered
    When Ortiz was involved in an arrest in the keys, you all said he had no jurisdiction and wanted him fired. Now here comes Faris, he is in Pembroke Pines out of his jurisdiction, and you all want him fired because he did not do anything. So which one is it? You need to get a life...

Unregistered

Really!

When Ortiz was involved in an arrest in the keys, you all said he had no jurisdiction and wanted him fired. Now here comes Faris, he is in Pembroke Pines out of his jurisdiction, and you all want him fired because he did not do anything. So which one is it? You need to get a life...
    Big difference here! The guy was a part of this incident and did nothing.... nothing... nothing....so what if his neighbor buddy would have made good on his threats? This is serious!

Unregistered

Thumbs up

He's a ****ing Sgt. he should have stopped his gangster friend from doing what he did that's the problem!!! He should be fired.

Unregistered

Is this faris the veteran? Super nice guy don't recall him ever having an incident in his long career.

Yet Ortiz that has only been on 13 years has more complaints and lawsuits than any other cop continues to get away with credible allegations that are washed down.

Let's see how the department handles this double standard.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast