So who is CHIEF Pratt taking with her? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    More affirmative action chief of police and senior staff members; when will they ever learn?
    NEVER! Every chief they have selected has been based on race, not qualifications! Now, the city "leaders" will tell you they are selecting the person who best represents their community (AKA African Americans) So the question is: What would happen if a white community said that and selected only white chief candidates?

Unregistered
    👎🏿👎🏿👎🏿👎🏿👎🏿👎🏿👎🏿

Unregistered
    Donate to the United Caucasian College
    White Miss Universe
    White history month
    Set-aside county contracts for white male owned companies
    The list is endless and I am getting sick just thinking about it.

Unregistered
    NEVER! Every chief they have selected has been based on race, not qualifications! Now, the city "leaders" will tell you they are selecting the person who best represents their community (AKA African Americans) So the question is: What would happen if a white community said that and selected only white chief candidates?
    take a look at the city of miami police department ..perhaps they havent hired an anglo saxon male since i 1984...no joke.. when i went through the academy over 20 years ago 1996 to be exact...there were 5 BLE classes going on at MDC north..the city had 3 classes going and i didnt see one anglo saxon male..SMH..our county had 2 classes and very diversified.....city only hires hispanics and blacks.. and its not funny when they had PO ''30''involved shootings aka william lozano (cuban decent) the communities will blame the anglo saxons aka the ''CRACKERS'' and if you do see a WHITE MALE city PO then he is a dinosaur and been there over 30 years and not in the DROP..lol

Unregistered
    take a look at the city of miami police department ..perhaps they havent hired an anglo saxon male since i 1984...no joke.. when i went through the academy over 20 years ago 1996 to be exact...there were 5 BLE classes going on at MDC north..the city had 3 classes going and i didnt see one anglo saxon male..SMH..our county had 2 classes and very diversified.....city only hires hispanics and blacks.. and its not funny when they had PO ''30''involved shootings aka william lozano (cuban decent) the communities will blame the anglo saxons aka the ''CRACKERS'' and if you do see a WHITE MALE city PO then he is a dinosaur and been there over 30 years and not in the DROP..lol
    Lozano is Not of cuban decscent he is Columbian.

The Racist Crackers that you speak of, were found in the Mcduffie riots, and they were all mdpd crackers.

There have been anglo saxon males hired by the city, just as we have hired here.

Just that the Top Brass, is now consisting of more hispanics than before, just like our department and others across the county mainly had a White Anglo Saxon staff throughout most of our departments history, just that it is now a problem for someone like you, but when the Anglo Saxons were entrenched people like yourself find it ok.

Unregistered
    William Lozano is of Colombian descent; meaning ancestry. His use of deadly force was a tragedy for all involved. Monitoring radio transmissions regarding a motorcycle chase, Lozano heard the pursuing Miami officer shout: "he just shot me . . . " Seeking a better visual and radio reception vantage position, Lozano emerged from cover provided by his patrol car and walked onto the street. Before he could retreat, the motorcycle Clement A. Lloyd operated was menacingly upon him. Instinctively; in fear for his life, Lozano fired one round, which inexplicably hit Lloyd in the face, killing him instantly. The passenger, Allan Blanchard, died as a result of the crash that followed. Afterward, it was "hats and bats" for three days. Ironically, it was Super Bowl XXIII week with the game to be played at them Joe Robbie Stadium on January 22. Fortunately Miami and MDPD Field Forces controlled it before the Super Bowl started. The black community didn't blame the "crackers," it blamed police in general, irrespective of race or ethnicity. After his second trial, as the first had been a sham, and acquittal, it was back to "hats and bats," until we who were on the job them got it under control.

In most US cities, demographics change with each successive generation; Miami and Dade County are not exceptions. The City of Miami, according to the most recent census, is 70% Hispanic, 19.2% Black and 12% White. So, naturally Hispanics have a major role leading the City and its departments. The same can be said of Miami Gardens, where Blacks comprise 76.3% of its population, Hispanic 22% and Whites 2.6%. Somewhere I read that such representation; often slanted in favor of the larger ethnic and racial community component, is called "reflecting the community served." If you think is inequitable for you now, imagine for Blacks and Hispanics in the 60s and early 70s, when White males controlled everything.

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/05/29/us...pagewanted=all

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/ta.../1245000,12086

Unregistered
    I'll counter with this question: in a County that's about +55% Hispanic, would a black person ever get voted in as County Mayor?

Unregistered
    Maybe she can take some of the Haitians.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12