Ai-17-002
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ai-17-002

Unregistered

Ai-17-002

OMG! I think it's crappy they got written up, they should have been thrown a party for hooking up while NOT being married! She was wrong for texting so much while on duty. Still the fact remains that finally some members from PCSO weren't cheating, it should be headline news! I don't know them but I wish them the best and hope not to hear later that either one of them got busted for cheating on each other.

Unregistered
    Who cares you sound like a little B!&#+$

Unregistered
    I have very limited training in abnormal psychology, but when you send/recieve a text every 2.5 minutes, how the flock is this "Normal?"

Synopsis: Between November 3, 2016 and January 7, 2017, you sent/received a total of
    8,384 text messages while on duty. During this timeframe, you worked a total of29 shifts,
    which resulted in you sending/receiving a text message, on average, every two and a half
    minutes during your twelve hour shifts.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have very limited training in abnormal psychology, but when you send/recieve a text every 2.5 minutes, how the flock is this "Normal?"

Synopsis: Between November 3, 2016 and January 7, 2017, you sent/received a total of
    8,384 text messages while on duty. During this timeframe, you worked a total of29 shifts,
    which resulted in you sending/receiving a text message, on average, every two and a half
    minutes during your twelve hour shifts.
    It doesn't sound normal when you look at the numbers but if you watch people these days they all for the most part have their faces buried in their phones. I'll be sitting in a restaurant or shopping in a store and see at least five people non-stop typing, reading, typing, reading over and over. I don't even think they realize it. Don't forget that a text can also include just an emoji which only takes about a second to send. I'm not saying it's right (personally I'd rather talk to someone vs text) but these days texting seems to have become the norm vs actually talking to someone.

I'm not defending her nor have I read the whole investigation however I can see how someone could easily send that many texts. I am the OP and I still think that it's wrong that she spent that much time texting VS working, she was basically stealing money by spending that much time on the clock doing personal texts. However, my whole point with this thread was to give them props for not being cheaters.

Unregistered
    Did they both declare in writing to their shift commanders that they were paramours (per GOs)?

Is it appropriate conduct for a supervisor to have an intimate relationship with a deputy?

Were any of their supervisors aware that they were spending this much time texting? If so what did they do about it?

I have to give credit to the administration for not taking a knee-jerk reaction to ban all phones, as of now anyway. It (lightly) punished the violators instead. Lucky for them they were not watching movies which might have distracted them from their duties and responsibilities. They were texting like mad which in no way would interfere with their duties. Makes sense.

Unregistered

Not married?

OMG! I think it's crappy they got written up, they should have been thrown a party for hooking up while NOT being married! She was wrong for texting so much while on duty. Still the fact remains that finally some members from PCSO weren't cheating, it should be headline news! I don't know them but I wish them the best and hope not to hear later that either one of them got busted for cheating on each other.

What do you mean not married?

Unregistered
    What do you mean not married?
    They weren't married to any one else were they? They didn't get charged for cheating they got charged for not being completely forthcoming with their relationship with each other to command staff (and she got charged with texting while on duty).

Unregistered
    Did they both declare in writing to their shift commanders that they were paramours (per GOs)?

Is it appropriate conduct for a supervisor to have an intimate relationship with a deputy?

Were any of their supervisors aware that they were spending this much time texting? If so what did they do about it?

I have to give credit to the administration for not taking a knee-jerk reaction to ban all phones, as of now anyway. It (lightly) punished the violators instead. Lucky for them they were not watching movies which might have distracted them from their duties and responsibilities. They were texting like mad which in no way would interfere with their duties. Makes sense.
    It would have been OK if she had been watching the news on a TV in her office though, commercials every five minutes is a lot less distracting than texts every two and a half minutes. As long as your subordinates are doing your job , oops, I meant their job in a timely fashion there's no problem. (sarcasm intended)

The phones being banned is coming down the line, it's just a matter of time. One way or another people keep abusing them.

Unregistered
    How do you know that?

Unregistered
    They weren't married to any one else were they? They didn't get charged for cheating they got charged for not being completely forthcoming with their relationship with each other to command staff (and she got charged with texting while on duty).
    Yes, SHE was married and had two young children with her husband. Don't know why she wasn't found guilty of having a paramour relationship, when it's obvious she was.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast