Target shooting on your property

Unregistered

Target shooting on your property

Serious question. What are the laws governing target shooting on your property if you live in the county.
    Thank you for your response and your service.

Unregistered
    1) Don't do it if you are a convicted felon.. (And make sure weapons are legal. No sawed down long guns, fully auto with no Fed stamp, etc.)
    2) Don't do it within city limits. (City laws would apply.)
    3) Make sure your rounds stay on your property (not others and not past any roadway.)
    4) Don't be surprized if you neighbors call in a complaint and we come out to make sure no crimes have been committed.

Unregistered
    Didn't the governor recently change these laws?
    Or was that just on so called gun ranges on properties?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    1) Don't do it if you are a convicted felon.. (And make sure weapons are legal. No sawed down long guns, fully auto with no Fed stamp, etc.)
    2) Don't do it within city limits. (City laws would apply.)
    3) Make sure your rounds stay on your property (not others and not past any roadway.)
    4) Don't be surprized if you neighbors call in a complaint and we come out to make sure no crimes have been committed.
    Do you have to have certain reinenforced back drops to stop the bullets?
    Does the size of your property make any difference?
    Thank you for responding.

Unregistered
    Is there a Florida statute on this?
    Again, thank you for your response and your Service to the residents of the county.

Unregistered
    Do you have to have certain reinenforced back drops to stop the bullets?
    Does the size of your property make any difference?
    Thank you for responding.
    I don't believe so.. Most people make large dirt mounds (burms)..

I don't belive the size of the property matters, but personally I wouldn't do it unless I had a few acres or more...

Unregistered
    I don't believe so.. Most people make large dirt mounds (burms)..

I don't belive the size of the property matters, but personally I wouldn't do it unless I had a few acres or more...
    My bad, there is a retriction: (see Sec 4 below.)

790.15 Discharging firearm in public or on residential property.—
    (1) Except as provided in subsection (2) or subsection (3), any person who knowingly discharges a firearm in any public place or on the right-of-way of any paved public road, highway, or street, who knowingly discharges any firearm over the right-of-way of any paved public road, highway, or street or over any occupied premises, or who recklessly or negligently discharges a firearm outdoors on any property used primarily as the site of a dwelling as defined in s. 776.013 or zoned exclusively for residential use commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. This section does not apply to a person lawfully defending life or property or performing official duties requiring the discharge of a firearm or to a person discharging a firearm on public roads or properties expressly approved for hunting by the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission or Florida Forest Service.
    (4) Any person who recreationally discharges a firearm outdoors, including target shooting, in an area that the person knows or reasonably should know is primarily residential in nature and that has a residential density of one or more dwelling units per acre, commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. This subsection does not apply:

Unregistered
    If I'm reading that correctly, if you own property tha is a acre or more it would be legal to target shoot.
    Am I correct?

Unregistered
    If a person owns a half acre and the neighbor owns the other half acre that would be a NO, correct?

Unregistered
    If a person owns a half acre and the neighbor owns the other half acre that would be a NO, correct?
    Yupp, that would be a big No No..