Favoritism, ineptness and affirmative action destroying MDPD - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sadly, it’s not affirmative action that has destroyed MDPD. It is this Director.
    This ship has been taking water for the past 30 or so years and the water is now up to the gunwales.

This is NOT a drill; abandon ship; let the rats have it!

Unregistered
    If you were around like I was to see the agency that E Wilson Purdy built, you would know how he build it and what his hiring criteria was; conversely, if you were around in the late 70's early 80's you will also know how affirmative action killed this agency and turned it into this shameful toilet full of human excrement.
    If I remember correctly, before affirmative action, it took an act of God for a woman,a black or a hispanic to get hired in any capacity in this county. If you were lucky to get hired by MDPD you could not dream of ever joining a specialized unit nor to aspire to be promoted. So, in essence, yes, Affirmative Action has brought up a lot of problems but it also ended the unjust practices of prejudiced bigots who once had a monopoly on power.

Unregistered
    If I remember correctly, before affirmative action, it took an act of God for a woman,a black or a hispanic to get hired in any capacity in this county. If you were lucky to get hired by MDPD you could not dream of ever joining a specialized unit nor to aspire to be promoted. So, in essence, yes, Affirmative Action has brought up a lot of problems but it also ended the unjust practices of prejudiced bigots who once had a monopoly on power.

The irony of your post is unimaginable. Maybe they weren't truly "prejudiced bigots". Once these "prejudiced bigots" were gone, this place went to poopoo.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2952612]The irony of your post is unimaginable. Maybe they weren't truly "prejudiced bigots". Once these "prejudiced bigots" were gone, this place went to poopoo.

If you were a “prejudiced bigot” in those days, it would be “unimaginable” to you that such unfair hiring practices went unchecked on a daily basis. You were blinded by your own reality. Perhaps if you had walked in the shoes of those who were affected at the time you might have a different historical perspective.

Unregistered
    The irony of your post is unimaginable. Maybe they weren't truly "prejudiced bigots". Once these "prejudiced bigots" were gone, this place went to poopoo.
    Buddy, your problem is not with the way things are being run these days. Your issue is with minotities having a go. Trust me, there were plenty of corrupt figures in this department in the days of Purdy, Jones and Taylor. I even remember one former PBA rep getting caught stealing monies from his church service collections. Enjoy that retirement home in South Carolina away from”traffic”. The show goes on without you.

Unregistered
    You are assuming a lot in your writings; perhaps it was because we had hiring standards and some people failed to meet them. Also don't forget that until the late 1970s most of the police applicants were coming from their 2 year draft obligation and were already acclimated to a para-military environment, chain of command and knew how to take orders.
    Today you don't have a police agency; instead, you have a mob in uniform and a dancing puppet for a Director.

Unregistered
    You are assuming a lot in your writings; perhaps it was because we had hiring standards and some people failed to meet them. Also don't forget that until the late 1970s most of the police applicants were coming from their 2 year draft obligation and were already acclimated to a para-military environment, chain of command and knew how to take orders.
    Today you don't have a police agency; instead, you have a mob in uniform and a dancing puppet for a Director.
    Take off your rose colored glasses, nothing has changed. Officers were not more disciplined in the past, they were just more likely to get away with their dirty work. Past directors were caught doing worse than just dancing in public, they have been caught red-handed committing crimes. In the past, there were no cameras on every uniform and at every corner waiting to catch the brutal beat downs, public trust abuse and other police misdeeds on video but we know sh1t happened. Those past officers couldn't survive 10 minutes dealing with the public today without getting their a55es sued to oblivion. Just like today, there were thieves, liars, rapists, slugs, and bigots in the past. Btw, you can stop insulting this generation. We have just as many, if not more, qualified, educated officers, many who also are former war veterans. This generation deals with a more diverse public than past officers, and we need officers that reflect that diversity. Amof, unlike past generations of officers, so far we've been able to avoid any riots since the 1980s. Don't forget the many volumes of SOPs we have today come from the number of fkups committed by past officers. In the end, we are not better or worse than past officers, we are just the new guys.

Unregistered
    Bigots? Like now, that don't hire anglos purposely...so I guess it's payback that this generation of anglos that apply, practically have no shot of being hired? Spare me the BS!! Your defeating the argument...please don't tell me some lonely 1 Anglo is hired every 3-5 academy classes ( mom or dad probably had to pull teeth to get him hired)..but then again, perhaps you have animosity towards anglos and most likey support this phenomenon!!! Speaking of Monopoly of power, that is what has been going on down here for 20 years..just this time,it's not the anglos...no diversity,it's one or the other that are being hired..I see it!!

Unregistered
    Bigots? Like now, that don't hire anglos purposely...so I guess it's payback that this generation of anglos that apply, practically have no shot of being hired? Spare me the BS!! Your defeating the argument...please don't tell me some lonely 1 Anglo is hired every 3-5 academy classes ( mom or dad probably had to pull teeth to get him hired)..but then again, perhaps you have animosity towards anglos and most likey support this phenomenon!!! Speaking of Monopoly of power, that is what has been going on down here for 20 years..just this time,it's not the anglos...no diversity,it's one or the other that are being hired..I see it!!
    Based on your post, I'll assume you are a non-Hispanic, White Anglo (NHWA). Instead of constantly crying about being a victim, you need to do better research and change the odds to your favor. Frankly put, you should move. Maybe MDC isn't for you. According to the census, NHWA only represent 13% of the population in Miami-Dade. Why do you expect NHWA academy trainees to be over-represented here relative to the local population? A short move to Broward and it increases to over 36%. Your odds get better as you go further north. Most of Florida counties show over NHWA are around 75% of the local population. That only helps you as a civil service job applicant. For example, Asians might not expect to have 3-4 Asians per academy class here, but they could have a valid argument in a city like San Francisco. Alternatively, if you plan on staying in MDC, you should learn to speak another language besides English, since 73% of MDC speaks another language at home. Play with the stats, review the charts and see for yourself. I think you'll find your claims of discrimination are misplaced (pun intended).

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fa...a,fl/RHI825217

Unregistered
    Based on your post, I'll assume you are a non-Hispanic, White Anglo (NHWA). Instead of constantly crying about being a victim, you need to do better research and change the odds to your favor. Frankly put, you should move. Maybe MDC isn't for you. According to the census, NHWA only represent 13% of the population in Miami-Dade. Why do you expect NHWA academy trainees to be over-represented here relative to the local population? A short move to Broward and it increases to over 36%. Your odds get better as you go further north. Most of Florida counties show over NHWA are around 75% of the local population. That only helps you as a civil service job applicant. For example, Asians might not expect to have 3-4 Asians per academy class here, but they could have a valid argument in a city like San Francisco. Alternatively, if you plan on staying in MDC, you should learn to speak another language besides English, since 73% of MDC speaks another language at home. Play with the stats, review the charts and see for yourself. I think you'll find your claims of discrimination are misplaced (pun intended).

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fa...a,fl/RHI825217
    Whether I am Anglo or half Hispanic above narrative is not about me...again, your justification of lack of anglos being hired is not warranted...here's something for you to chew on, the African Americans being hired,are they fluent in Spanish or bilingual? Their percentages of MDC population is hovering around 18.3%, not a drastic difference between the Anglo numbers..so please 07 the bilingual usefullness BS!!! What will be your next narrative response, only anglos can be racist? GTFO, please sell your house and move into a home with mirrors..I was hired 26 years ago, yes our BLE class at MDCC north was diverse as it should be and not like today one or the other.. Demographics have not really changed when it comes to applicants applying, remember it's not just Dade county residents applying..Broward and West Palm residents apply as well...to the person that chimed in with their condescending comment of avoiding hiring anglos is avoiding riots..you are a POS just as much as a racist redneck.. remember the name William Lozano? The City of Miami officer that shot dead an unarmed BM on a motorcycle in 1989, was that officer Anglo? Or Hispanic? Riots for 10 days straight in Overtown, perhaps your too young to know about that or you have Alzheimer's, I mean part-timers... 😁😎😘

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast