Favoritism, ineptness and affirmative action destroying MDPD
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Unregistered

Favoritism, ineptness and affirmative action destroying MDPD

Our department is being consumed to the core. Favoritism has always been with us but never to this extent. In today's MDPD, political allegiance to the administration and the Gimenez regime will get you the right shift, district, bureau, overtime, promotion and benefits. Anyone who remains apolitical or opposes such ethical disregard is cast to the back of the line. Another major ill is affirmative action. Promoting based on race, ethnicity or gender may provide diversity but it brings less qualified individuals to prominent positions. Those individuals in turn are more prone to hire or promote similar individuals who they perceive as being "on their team". The final result is an ailing MDPD, now riddled by an inept management group with no sense of direction and little to offer to solve the problem. Review each and everyone in our Majors, Chiefs, and higher ups. Almost without exception, these are individuals who have done very little in this department other than take tests or use their affirmative action wings to get to a position they are unqualified to fill. It can only get worse.

Unregistered
    "Only the best of the best"

Unregistered
    Welcome to the new U.S.A
    No longer the land of American Exceptionalism, but the new land of meritocracy, incompetence and the home of the Peter Principal.
    Isn't Cultural Diversity great ! ! !

Unregistered
    It is unfortunate that we do not pick personnel for positions, based on work quality anymore. It is unfair that someone who possesses the right skin color gets a position, even though they are a slug.

What message are we sending to the workers?

Unregistered
    It has always amazed me how an employee's work history and character are not factors considered for promotional purposes. Why promote individuals with personnel jackets full of complaints and disciplinary action? That is a recipe for destruction. Also promoting employees with two years on is a major blunder. An employee should be exposed to all aspects of our department- from uniform, to investigations to administration before being considered for promotion.

Unregistered
    Welcome to Midwest. Thank God I left last year

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Welcome to the new U.S.A
    No longer the land of American Exceptionalism, but the new land of [kakistocracy], incompetence and the home of the Peter Principal. Isn't Cultural Diversity great ! ! !
    meritocracy, noun meaning: government or the holding of power by people selected on the basis of their ability.

kakistocracy noun meaning: Government under the control of a nation's worst or least-qualified citizens.

Unregistered
    The best example of someone reaching a position of power in our department without merit is our Director Juan Perez. Here is an individual raised in two cultures who is as uncomfortable in one as he is in the other. Listen carefully to the interviews he gives in both English and Spanish and you realize he is not well versed in either language. Perez is an unqualified individual with little education who tested repeatedly seeking promotion and learned nothing along the way. His dance offs and push up challenges in front of HQ are nothing more than a defense mechanism to hide his lack of skills. A perfect example of affirmative action gone wrong.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Our department is being consumed to the core. Favoritism has always been with us but never to this extent. In today's MDPD, political allegiance to the administration and the Gimenez regime will get you the right shift, district, bureau, overtime, promotion and benefits. Anyone who remains apolitical or opposes such ethical disregard is cast to the back of the line. Another major ill is affirmative action. Promoting based on race, ethnicity or gender may provide diversity but it brings less qualified individuals to prominent positions. Those individuals in turn are more prone to hire or promote similar individuals who they perceive as being "on their team". The final result is an ailing MDPD, now riddled by an inept management group with no sense of direction and little to offer to solve the problem. Review each and everyone in our Majors, Chiefs, and higher ups. Almost without exception, these are individuals who have done very little in this department other than take tests or use their affirmative action wings to get to a position they are unqualified to fill. It can only get worse.
    as a consolation prize... i was the only anglo saxon male in my BLE county class 20 years ago...no matter how much our T.A's preached about being diverse on our 12's ..in another words no ''CLIQUES''.. but, it happened anyway...i felt like an elephant in a room!!! and for those that say the county only hires friends and family..that is total BS... i had no hook ups or police officer references.. but, it took me to get hired 14 months ... and as for leadership when i was hired it was taylor retiring and alvarez coming in...both very good men... heller great AD.. brady good man too, chief oramas another good man..i was lucky enough to meet and work with these men...

Unregistered

You forgot NEPOTISM

County likes to talk a big game about fairness, equality, blah blah blah and how NEPOTISM will not be allowed. Really? Here's a great one for you to chew on for a bit. Rebecca Sosa, Jose Aragu and Lisandra Vera.

Rebecca Sosa is a County Commissioner and oversees the Airport.
    Jose Aragu has spent HIS ENTIRE WORTHLESS CAREER AT the same Airport that Rebecca Sosa (HIS AUNT) oversees.
    Lisandra Vera, SERGEANT Jose Aragu's WIFE also works at the same Airport. Mind you she's only been a cop for approximately 27 hours!
    Better yet, they both work in GIU, and SERGEANT Aragu supervises her (HIS OWN WIFE) on and off.

Now, you talk about the Department Mission Statement and you make us watch worthless training videos specifically on all this crap but YET YOU PERMIT IT TO HAPPEN RIGHT UNDER YOUR NOSE! What up wit dat?

I was a pretty senior Sergeant already when Aragu got promoted to Sergeant. I tried to get to the Airport but his AUNT put him back there AGAIN bypassing a bunch of us hoping for a change. Now, he's about to get promoted to Lieutenant and I GUARANTEE he'll be back at the Airport in no time. Providing he even gets moved.

However, this time, the gig is up. There is a certain Lieutenant trying to get over there and has already made a phone call to the Inspector Generals Office. His next call will be to the Herald, the New Times and his attorney. Get ready Rebecca it's going to look real good for you in the news.

I'll probably never get to the airport now anyways, too old and almost gone, but Aragu why don't you give others a chance? Why don't you go do some real police work and learn to supervise real cops not your wife. Speaking of her, don't know her, but I heard she's a real charm!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast