Baker Act

Thread: Baker Act

Unregistered

Baker Act

So you mean to tell me that someone that was a baker act, can become a police officer? I was under the impression that you had to be "mentally fit" to become a police officer, especially when you carry a weapon. I would love to do a story on this.

Unregistered

Even better

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So you mean to tell me that someone that was a baker act, can become a police officer? I was under the impression that you had to be "mentally fit" to become a police officer, especially when you carry a weapon. I would love to do a story on this.

Even better than that....the officer ate up some pills over a break up with bf and was sent to the puzzle factory and bc she complains and sends everyone to the IA the admin was too afraid to actually take steps to protect the department and welcomed her right back with open arms and a loaded gun. So yeah, you got an unstable, suicidal drama queen toting a gun in a black and white. Congrats!

Unregistered
    Sounds like something that I will definitely look into. We are going to look into the city's policy. I understand that you all are required to take health physicals every other year, so what happens if you fail that physical? Does this also include a mental health evaluation?
    So the biggest question was what would happen if you failed your health physical?

Unregistered
    Sounds like something that I will definitely look into. We are going to look into the city's policy. I understand that you all are required to take health physicals every other year, so what happens if you fail that physical? Does this also include a mental health evaluation?
    So the biggest question was what would happen if you failed your health physical?

Supposed to file for medical retirement...but thanks to this incident most just get shuffled through different departments within until they get fed up and quit...that way department has no consequences. Legitimate injuries to get appropriate response, but those who abuse the system get to do so for years. This department allows 1 officer to be out on light duty for about 5 or 6 years now. That officer hasn't worked for a city check in that long, but the department is too afraid to let go. Now there's no standard for who stays and who goes.
    Psychological is not included in physicals, but by all standards is a huge liability that in this case costs the department $ one way or the other...yearly baseless IA claims that cost time to investigate, manpower, lost jobs etc....
    None of us know HOW she managed to get hired or stay here still...
    In the light of all recent police domestic situations a psychologicaly unstable cop on duty should be raising eyebrows.

Unregistered
    Supposed to file for medical retirement...but thanks to this incident most just get shuffled through different departments within until they get fed up and quit...that way department has no consequences. Legitimate injuries to get appropriate response, but those who abuse the system get to do so for years. This department allows 1 officer to be out on light duty for about 5 or 6 years now. That officer hasn't worked for a city check in that long, but the department is too afraid to let go. Now there's no standard for who stays and who goes.
    Psychological is not included in physicals, but by all standards is a huge liability that in this case costs the department $ one way or the other...yearly baseless IA claims that cost time to investigate, manpower, lost jobs etc....
    None of us know HOW she managed to get hired or stay here still...
    In the light of all recent police domestic situations a psychologicaly unstable cop on duty should be raising eyebrows.
    Thank you, we will be in touch with the city to find out what their policy states about mental fitness for duty as well as the hiring practices of the city regarding mental health issues. Thank you.

Unregistered
    Some things never change....if we ding applicants for their mental health issues, then the same should be done to her. She clearly has mental issues.

Unregistered
    Some things never change....if we ding applicants for their mental health issues, then the same should be done to her. She clearly has mental issues.
    She's been given so much leaway that we are forever tainted in that respect. At this point might as well set up recruiting tent at salus care.

Unregistered
    She has made numerous complaints against officers, so she knows how to work the system. There are documented instances of her showing up to work upset any crying- another case of her incessant crying was observed recently. She has been baker acted. She carries a gun. The city has known about her for years and has stood idly by, while she has made false allegations and was baker acted. This has to stop, especially if she continues to show up to work upset and crying. Oh and I also forgot that she called off every other day wheel she was on shift.

Besides that, I heard that she is in some sort of trouble