FL DOC Probation Hiring Process time length

Unregistered

FL DOC Probation Hiring Process time length

How long is the hiring process for FL DOC Probation? I currently hold a graduate degree and have prior case management, LEO, and probation experience? Will I be compensated for this if hired?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    How long is the hiring process for FL DOC Probation? I currently hold a graduate degree and have prior case management, LEO, and probation experience? Will I be compensated for this if hired?
    Compensated? Yes, you will be greeted with a fake smile, a firm hand shake and 100 messed up files and expected to straighten them out quickly. Your joining FDC, so don't expect anything good. I suggest you go somewhere else with your masters degree because this agency sucks with veteran officer leaving all the time. We haven't had a raise since 2006 and probably won't get one in 2017. So, run away, fast!

Unregistered
    Why is P&P so hell bent on a degree? As long as you have a BA in getting drunk, you're in. I wonder how many great candidates get passed by because of a lack of paper.

Unregistered
    I started with DOC in 1993 and quit in 1996 to become a policeman. My first year my pay more than doubled. I was compensated
    for my degree and really enjoyed my job. I have rehabilitated and diverted more people as a cop than I ever would have as a PO.
    Doc is like McDonalds it's not meant to be a career. It prepares you for your career in the CJS then you move on. I retired at age
    46 with 17 years on the job with a $50,000 a year pension. I would have never seen that at DOC. I have never been on DOC page
    before but you all complain about the same things we did 24 years ago. Things will NEVER change there so you better make
    the change.

Jim