MDPD HQ looks like a third world police station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Has anyone noticed the dilapidated state of our HQ building lately? For those who were here when it was first built it is a sad sight to see. The once state of the art building has fallen on bad times and noone seems to care. The once pristine gardens are now home to every weed known to mankind. The bathrooms lost the last coat of paint 10 years ago and beautiful light fixtures that once adorned entrances are now mangled pieces of rusty metal. Who manages these grounds and building? Is there no pride in our profession anymore? Instead of so many bike rides how about one volunteer day to clean up and beautify this place? HQ is a reflection of all of us and it seems like our management gave up on that image long ago. You just have to go one county north of us and see how BSO takes care of its facilities to see the difference.

Unregistered
    That because under the elected Sheriff, Sheriff Israel factors in dollars in the Sheriff's Office Budget for maintenance and modernizing. Sadly, MDPD under Gimenez is beholding to the GSA. In other words, in terms of budgetary allocations for upkeep, MDPD is behind the orphan, redheaded stepchild.

Though after Carlos Alvarez erred by appointing him division chief, (no need to earned the civil service ranks of sergeant, lieutenant, captain) Frank Vecin, while an appointed commander, to his credit kept headquarters in shape.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...mi-dade-police

Unregistered
    It is not just the aesthetics of the headquarters building that is a problem. It is the poor management of resources that gives the complex such poor appearance. For instance, the two parking lot gates stopped working years ago and it is a huge security risk to the complex. Having gas pumps inside the compound is a security risk. Anyone from a multitude of agencies is entitled to enter and drive around our lot without supervision or restriction. And how about the management of Records Section? That is a winner! Any given day, there are dozens if not over 100 citizens spending multiple hours outside the front entrance to headquarters as they wait for copies of records. Can anyone modernize or come up with digital request solutions to this problem? The parking situation there is horrible enough. Proper management of the facility could be a good start. As of now, the place is a sorry excuse of what it was under Fred Taylor.

Unregistered

The mission of a police administration is to SUPPORT police officers in their crime fighting mission. Unfortunately, much of the self-initiated 'drama' and subpar performance
    that goes on inside the Headquarters Building, is more alarming than any aesthetic considerations.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That because under the elected Sheriff, Sheriff Israel factors in dollars in the Sheriff's Office Budget for maintenance and modernizing. Sadly, MDPD under Gimenez is beholding to the GSA. In other words, in terms of budgetary allocations for upkeep, MDPD is behind the orphan, redheaded stepchild.

Though after Carlos Alvarez erred by appointing him division chief, (no need to earned the civil service ranks of sergeant, lieutenant, captain) Frank Vecin, while an appointed commander, to his credit kept headquarters in shape.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...mi-dade-police
    Yes, and the elected sheriff will cure the common cold, the transmission in your car and improve your wife's IQ.
    Look around! ! ! !~ we are in a third world country! ! !
    They work here, live here, work on this building, etc.
    And you were expecting ???what????

Unregistered
    Yes, and the elected sheriff will cure the common cold, the transmission in your car and improve your wife's IQ.
    Look around! ! ! !~ we are in a third world country! ! !
    They work here, live here, work on this building, etc.
    And you were expecting ???what????
    So what is your solution? Saw off South Florida ans set it adrift?. How is anything going to change unless we the backbone of this department call them out on it? Let's work together to better this place and I too believe an elected sheriff would be better than what we have now. We are the only county in Florida without an elected sheriff. Maybe that explains your logic.

Unregistered
    So what is your solution? Saw off South Florida ans set it adrift?. How is anything going to change unless we the backbone of this department call them out on it? Let's work together to better this place and I too believe an elected sheriff would be better than what we have now. We are the only county in Florida without an elected sheriff. Maybe that explains your logic.
    I will not insult you as you appear to be genuinely concern about this issue.
    What is happening here didn't occur over night and it will not be fixed over night.
    Piss poor planning from the federal government and selfish political activism has caused an avalanche of uncontrolled immigration into South Florida.
    In the 1960's it was the Cuban Refugees. The government and the Catholic Church attempted to relocate as many as they could to other states through the Cuban Refugee Relocation Program. Sadly there has not been a legitimate Cuban Political Refugee come to Miami since the late 1970s and the rest have been economic refugees like the Haitians. We have been involved in the propping-up and tearing down of puppet governments in Central and South America causing another flood of refugees that also settled here, Iran Contra ring a bell?. To this add the most recent migrations of Venezuelans, Colombians and Argentinians and you pretty much completed the mix.
    Learn to hate the term "Cultural Diversity" as it's practice killed the American Culture that existed prior to the Lyndon Johnson era. When you have these folks in such numbers, undoubtedly they will engage in business and politics and thus all of the Miami Dade County governments and municipalities. They run these cities as the cities were ran in their countries; look at Hialeah, Doral, Sweetwater and Miami.
    Hated to urinate in your korn flakes, but it is what it is.
    Now, if we could get 200 or 300K Harvard grads to move to Miami; who knows?

Unregistered
    I will not insult you as you appear to be genuinely concern about this issue.
    What is happening here didn't occur over night and it will not be fixed over night.
    Piss poor planning from the federal government and selfish political activism has caused an avalanche of uncontrolled immigration into South Florida.
    In the 1960's it was the Cuban Refugees. The government and the Catholic Church attempted to relocate as many as they could to other states through the Cuban Refugee Relocation Program. Sadly there has not been a legitimate Cuban Political Refugee come to Miami since the late 1970s and the rest have been economic refugees like the Haitians. We have been involved in the propping-up and tearing down of puppet governments in Central and South America causing another flood of refugees that also settled here, Iran Contra ring a bell?. To this add the most recent migrations of Venezuelans, Colombians and Argentinians and you pretty much completed the mix.
    Learn to hate the term "Cultural Diversity" as it's practice killed the American Culture that existed prior to the Lyndon Johnson era. When you have these folks in such numbers, undoubtedly they will engage in business and politics and thus all of the Miami Dade County governments and municipalities. They run these cities as the cities were ran in their countries; look at Hialeah, Doral, Sweetwater and Miami.
    Hated to urinate in your korn flakes, but it is what it is.
    Now, if we could get 200 or 300K Harvard grads to move to Miami; who knows?
    I remember my grandfather telling us many years ago about similar distrust of immigrant Jews such as himself here in Miami in the '40s and '50s. He would also tell us about some of his Italian and Irish friends telling stories about how rough their families had it here when they arrived at the turn of the century and were held accountable for the smallest of crimes. It is always the same thing, the established will blame the newly arrived for all of their problems. This county is no different than any major city you go to. Plenty of problems to go around. I was just in N.C. as far away from this area as you could be and I read on the paper about a local "bust" where 34 meth pushers had been arrested by the feds. Doubt any of them were Cubans or Haitians. There will always be a segment of society in every culture intent on living off the sweat of hard working citizens. Our focus should be in exposing those parasites not paintingentire cultures with a broad brush stroke.

Unregistered
    I remember my grandfather telling us many years ago about similar distrust of immigrant Jews such as himself here in Miami in the '40s and '50s. He would also tell us about some of his Italian and Irish friends telling stories about how rough their families had it here when they arrived at the turn of the century and were held accountable for the smallest of crimes. It is always the same thing, the established will blame the newly arrived for all of their problems. This county is no different than any major city you go to. Plenty of problems to go around. I was just in N.C. as far away from this area as you could be and I read on the paper about a local "bust" where 34 meth pushers had been arrested by the feds. Doubt any of them were Cubans or Haitians. There will always be a segment of society in every culture intent on living off the sweat of hard working citizens. Our focus should be in exposing those parasites not paintingentire cultures with a broad brush stroke.
    Keep making excuses for your utopian paradise.

It doesn't work. Let your wife go shopping at 163 street mall, south dade mall, ect. Are your kids enrolled at NMB Senior, Central, Northwestern, and the list goes on for most public schools....

All major US cities are shite-holes modeled after progressive ideas that can not be found as success stories anywhere else.

Unregistered
    As far as crime is concern, crime statistics speak for themselves and are not manipulated.
    If you can tear yourself away from the Torah and the Clinton memoirs try to read the theory of "Ethnic Succession in Organized Crime" I am sure that you will find it intellectually enlightening and you will be able to brag about it at temple.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast