Constitutional Revision Commission (CRC) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    For real? No trooper is going to approach CRC, or write a letter, or attend a public hearing when he can sit at home and whine about his low salary and about how Much he hates his supervisors. Get off his butt? Not gonna happen.
    Good thing more than just complainers read this. Maybe that lobbyist guy or someone who just sees the woes of a Legislature running amok will approach the CRC.

Nothing comes free. Someone has to be the face of change.

Unregistered
    The Florida Channel: 03/29/17
    Florida Face to Face – Sandy D’Alemberte, Chair of the 1977-1978 Constitution Revision Commission
    Talbot “Sandy” D’Alemberte discusses the history and importance of the Constitution Revision Commission.

http://thefloridachannel.org/videos/...on-commission/
    (approximately 27 min)

Provides some insight about the CRC process

Unregistered
    Good thing more than just complainers read this. Maybe that lobbyist guy or someone who just sees the woes of a Legislature running amok will approach the CRC.

Nothing comes free. Someone has to be the face of change.
    What lobbyist guy would that be? Does the FHP even have any lobbyists? I didn't see any in the committee hearing videos on the disband bill.

I agree with the other post in that until enough people get off their collective butts nothing will change. The concept is called the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Unregistered
    Contact them and request they put FHP on the 2018 ballot to become a constitutional entity.

It can be an anonymous letter or just an email.

This is a once in 20 year opportunity to let the public (not the legislature) decide what's good for the Patrol.

http://flcrc.gov/

Unregistered
    Contact them and request they put FHP on the 2018 ballot to become a constitutional entity.

It can be an anonymous letter or just an email.

This is a once in 20 year opportunity to let the public (not the legislature) decide what's good for the Patrol.

http://flcrc.gov/

IT will NEVER EVER HAPPEN IN FL I PROMISE you that... Couple reasons then the legislator would not have control over the budget.. Second the Sheriffs in FL would not allow it to happen..

Unregistered
    The main reason is the Sheriffs would never let it happen. They want the ability to take money from the state budget at any time.

Unregistered
    IT will NEVER EVER HAPPEN IN FL I PROMISE you that... Couple reasons then the legislator would not have control over the budget.. Second the Sheriffs in FL would not allow it to happen..
    Wasn't all that long ago folks said similar stuff about making weed legal.

But the process of the citizens Ballot Initiative took hold after the Legislature and state government failed to act to legalize it for medical use. The citizens got their say and their way.

One of the only requirements of the legislature is to complete a balanced budget. So that should include constitutional entities of state government, like FWC is now.

It would take an awful lot of effort, time and money from all the Sheriff's to sway the public against a proposed FHP amendment if it caught on. Otherwise I'm not really sure how the Sheriff's would be able to stop a constitutional amendment. They weren't able to do it with the Mary Jane medical use amendment.

Florida has more asinine and special interests crap in its Constitution that got there through the citizens ballot initiative process than you can name.

It is VERY POSSIBLE. Just can't think negative.

Unregistered
    Worst case of mental masturbation I have ever witnessed.
    The public wants their weed to smoke and get high; tell me again what do they want with FHP?
    All that rhetoric about saving lives and stuff, do you think they are really interested. All the public sees is a ticket writer.

Unregistered
    The main reason is the Sheriffs would never let it happen. They want the ability to take money from the state budget at any time.
    You realize the sheriff's are funded through County funds not state correct?

Unregistered
    You know all this talk has given me an idea. Let's everybody who has received a ticket from a Trooper who hates cops, contact the CRC and see if they won't put an amendment in the constitution to phase out FHP. Maybe start with a pilot program in Pinellas and Polk counties... LMAO.... I don't dislike all troopers, deputies, and officers. Just those ones who don't believe in Professional Courtesy. LOL...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast