Hb 400 - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hb 400

Unregistered
    That is certainly the established way of looking at it. I contend that a non sworn manager can easily "manage" 15 underlings without issue. We only do what we do because that is the way we have always done it.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That is certainly the established way of looking at it. I contend that a non sworn manager can easily "manage" 15 underlings without issue. We only do what we do because that is the way we have always done it.
    Any management class would disagree with your assessment of a 15:1 ratio being acceptable. 7:1 ratio at lower levels like ours is the norm and includes supervising both sworn and non sworn, and the public sector as well

Unregistered
    Any management class would disagree with your assessment of a 15:1 ratio being acceptable. 7:1 ratio at lower levels like ours is the norm and includes supervising both sworn and non sworn, and the public sector as well
    I'm sure you are correct. All I know is when I go to Sonny's there are 15 employees and one manager. The salad bar is always fresh and the pork always delicious. We create our own barriers to effectiveness and law enforcement administration is fat with stupidity. We have six levels of supervision just inside. Any management book will tell you that is unnecessarily redundant.

Unregistered
    I'm sure you are correct. All I know is when I go to Sonny's there are 15 employees and one manager. The salad bar is always fresh and the pork always delicious. We create our own barriers to effectiveness and law enforcement administration is fat with stupidity. We have six levels of supervision just inside. Any management book will tell you that is unnecessarily redundant.
    You are comparing apples to oranges moron.

Unregistered
    You are comparing apples to oranges moron.

You are right again. I was comparing a well managed and efficient operation designed to serve the public a quality product with a bloated, out-dated and top heavy bureaucratic mess. Truly apples to oranges, Captain Obvious.

Unregistered
    I wonder if the captains and majors will have to interview for their jobs on July 1, 2017? maybe they should be asked to list their biggest accomplishments since coming here.

Unregistered
    I'm more afraid of what we may get than what we already have. Will they promote horrible people from within or bring it more incompetent people from the outside?

Unregistered
    JK from Orlando to replace south major!

Unregistered
    But JH loves him. That debacle of block training was all his idea and all him. What a waste of money. All of that could have been done in district and other than driving shooting and the joke of DT it could have been done from your office computer

Unregistered
    How about his 45 minute presentation on Narcan only to tell us we will never ever have it. That's 45 minutes we could have spent driving home.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast