Selecting a New Chief to the Commissioners - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Release Vespia, Reinstate Uebelacker to Independent Civialian Inspector

I agree Captain Uebelacker should be reinstated but not into the Chief role. I think he should return to the Inspector role that he was initially hired to fill.. However rather than reporting through the PD Admin or City Manager, he would report and serve directly to the Commissioners and lead a Civilian Review Board. This provides the citizens the ability to hold accountable without putting all the power in the hands solely of the City Manager.

I would fully support Steve serving the City in the Inspector role and I am confident that he would do so in an ethical and professional manner.

Unregistered
    Very good point Stephanie. Steve needs to be brought back. He was the only one vocal and proactive enough to stand up and call out the agency on behavior that needed to be looked into, questioning lack of discipline and unethical behavior at the risk of being terminated. SU probably saved the city money from future potential lawsuits.

I and many others feel that SU would make an excellent chief however an inspector role would be fitting as well.

S-Smart,
    T- Tenacious, To the Point, Tactful Professionally
    E-Ethical
    V-Valiant
    E-Even tempered

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post

I would fully support Steve serving the City in the Inspector role and I am confident that he would do so in an ethical and professional manner.
    As long as the first person he gets to investigate is the most unethical person in the department, the chief! Just ask any one of us that works here.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    As long as the first person he gets to investigate is the most unethical person in the department, the chief! Just ask any one of us that works here.
    As long as it's not the numerous or 14 that were supposedly interviewed that led to the decision to terminate Ubelacker. While I agree that the Chief needs to go, there are obviously many individuals who have sucked the teet of the chief and been his choir. They need to go as well. As long as the new or interim is ready to clean house, I'm good. Make a note for those of you who have been selling your soul to "keep your job"...those days are very numbered. Speak out now. Let it be known that you are not part of the KV crowd or risk being involved in a very indepth and damning investigation of your leader.

While I dont think he could do the investigation,he could certainly present our options for review, then take the liaison role between the outside investigator and the Commission. vespia goes or is put on admin leave pending investigation outcome, rose or pelfrey or brown steps in to hold the reigns and the command staff pulls together and start turning it around while City Hall recruits a strong leader to move us forward.=)
    Last edited by Stephanie Gibson; 03-26-2017 at 01:28 AM. Reason: typos

As long as it's not the numerous or 14 that were supposedly interviewed that led to the decision to terminate Ubelacker. While I agree that the Chief needs to go, there are obviously many individuals who have sucked the teet of the chief and been his choir. They need to go as well. As long as the new or interim is ready to clean house, I'm good. Make a note for those of you who have been selling your soul to "keep your job"...those days are very numbered. Speak out now. Let it be known that you are not part of the KV crowd or risk being involved in a very indepth and damning investigation of your leader.
    Sucked the teat is kind of a command in this organization, maybe in all PD or military like orgs. Following orders is paramount right? Steve tried to buck it and he got admonsihed for undermining the perceptions the soon to be gone chiefs deems. It is exactly why only vespia can be held responsible for the whole... all others should be judged on specific actions. While i certainly hope the LIEutenant is considering his retirement options for his ill actions.. I think most everyone else should be afforded a fresh slate and opportunity with the new Chief unless the outside investigation unearths specific ill actions by an individual member. In each of those cases, they should be held accountable according to policy.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    Sucked the teat is kind of a command in this organization, maybe in all PD or military like orgs. Following orders is paramount right? Steve tried to buck it and he got admonsihed for undermining the perceptions the soon to be gone chiefs deems. It is exactly why only vespia can be held responsible for the whole... all others should be judged on specific actions. While i certainly hope the LIEutenant is considering his retirement options for his ill actions.. I think most everyone else should be afforded a fresh slate and opportunity with the new Chief unless the outside investigation unearths specific ill actions by an individual member. In each of those cases, they should be held accountable according to policy.
    remember those same ones were the ones with vespia who refused your request for an I/A investigation. Remember most of these so called admin were only given these jobs after the chief rigged his cpsm report to get what he wanted. They waltzed into these positions from the outside not serving one day as a street officer here. A new chief would be crazy to allow this tainted admin to continue. They are adults, they either sanctioned or carried out the chiefs orders, they are at will employee's, no time to turn the other cheek now, because eventually you will get slapped in that one to. It is just there way of life. Change is change.

Clean Slate

remember those same ones were the ones with vespia who refused your request for an I/A investigation. Remember most of these so called admin were only given these jobs after the chief rigged his cpsm report to get what he wanted. They waltzed into these positions from the outside not serving one day as a street officer here. A new chief would be crazy to allow this tainted admin to continue. They are adults, they either sanctioned or carried out the chiefs orders, they are at will employee's, no time to turn the other cheek now, because eventually you will get slapped in that one to. It is just there way of life. Change is change.
    Maybe .. Maybe not. I am willing to let the new Chief build the Admin team as he deems. They will measure up to his needs or they will be replaced as the Chief sees fit. I do agree the CPSM was rigged smoke and mirror game to elimate the LT classand whitewash the public. The draft CPSM was quite complimentary of the LTs but somehow they busted up the union protections, vespia gets at will men around him who must follow as he leads or become his next victim. Vespia owns the state of the department.

Before you judge them for not standing up to him.. ask yourself if you went public with a stand against him. They have families too.
    Last edited by Stephanie Gibson; 03-26-2017 at 04:54 AM. Reason: typo

Unregistered
    Lets make Northport pd great again. Bring back SU

Unregistered
    Lets make Northport pd great again. Bring back SU
    OK Steve, we get what your saying.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast