Selecting a New Chief to the Commissioners
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Selecting a New Chief to the Commissioners

I think that all commissioners should pay attention to this thread and help pick a new leader that can take the city PD into the future with pride. These are the attributes I would like to see in a new police chief. Chris, Debbie?? Where ya at come on.

Not currently employed at the North Port Police Department.

Never arrested (ever and I mean ever)

Never fired or asked to resign because of a mental health issue

Has at minimum a Master in Public Administration

Has a history as a staff member in a large agency

Is a family man or woman dedicated to their spouse (or partner)

No person from inside this agency should even be considered.

Once again ----Masters Degree (from a real school), never arrested, never asked to resign, proven leadership with control over a real budget, excellent public speaking skills (so we can fire the media liaison).
    Anyone who has anything weird in their background should not even be considered This needs to be a man or woman with zero ties to North Port. We need them to come in a take a look at this place with a fresh perspective.

There are already men jockeying and lobbying for the Chief Job from inside the agency. I beg and plead with you not to hire from within.

Make the changes that you promised and bring us a real proven leader. Let the hunt begin. Thanks~

I want to hear from others what they want in a New Chief.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think that all commissioners should pay attention to this thread and help pick a new leader that can take the city PD into the future with pride. These are the attributes I would like to see in a new police chief. Chris, Debbie?? Where ya at come on.

Not currently employed at the North Port Police Department.

Never arrested (ever and I mean ever)

Never fired or asked to resign because of a mental health issue

Has at minimum a Master in Public Administration

Has a history as a staff member in a large agency

Is a family man or woman dedicated to their spouse (or partner)

No person from inside this agency should even be considered.

Once again ----Masters Degree (from a real school), never arrested, never asked to resign, proven leadership with control over a real budget, excellent public speaking skills (so we can fire the media liaison).
    Anyone who has anything weird in their background should not even be considered This needs to be a man or woman with zero ties to North Port. We need them to come in a take a look at this place with a fresh perspective.

There are already men jockeying and lobbying for the Chief Job from inside the agency. I beg and plead with you not to hire from within.

Make the changes that you promised and bring us a real proven leader. Let the hunt begin. Thanks~

I want to hear from others what they want in a New Chief.
    The chiefs salary at this point is to high . Do a nationwide search and pick the best prospects. Please do not consider anyone from NPPD or Sarasota County or any police agency from Bradenton south, they all both city and county have a multitude of problems and screw ups in admin. Please let us learn from this past administration, political suck a$$es and non graduate educated applicants should not be considered. You can find qualified applicants at a lessor salary. Please do your homework here, applicant must have actual administrative experience in a progressive department, knowledge of the problems in the NPPD and have solutions to make this a better place to work and for a better community. It is true the jockeying has begun, we will most certainly will be looking for an assistant chief also. He will be losing his edge once both lewis and vespia are gone. Commissioners do the right thing here, first do not allow vespia to take his farewell tour of over a year, buy out the remainder of his retirement as an incentive, force him to leave ASAP. Do not allow him to do any more damage to this department or to this cities reputation. Its inevitable, under his leadership more screw-ups will follow. Start your search now, give him his out, if he refuses, can him, he deserves no better than what he gave. The department can run without him, it does everyday. Do not give him time so his cronies can adjust or get there time in so they can retire. He has his loyal cronies, but rats never stay with the sinking ship. Please do not under any circumstance listen to or ask the advice of Vespia, lewis or there admin on any candidate, remember they have a vested interest to see things continue as they are.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    I concur with nearly all of the above suggestions. Although I am game to pay up for the right individual.. strong, disciplined, ethical, honest, proven Leader. I especially agree our next Chief must come from the outside.. fresh perspective and untainted. It will be a good thing for every man and woman in the department to have a clean slate with new Leader. I dont know who is or isnt qualified internally.. I am certain there will be opportunities in their future.. just not now.

Most importantly, vespia needs to go now... he should not be part of the search or interview process of the new Chief. He should do what is best for the dept and step aside so we can move on for what is best for the City. He wont of course.. so I encourage the new and improved City Hall to help him along his way.

Unregistered
    saw his video on NPCC page, almost gagged. Still trying to spin his legacy. He needs to go now before anymore incident or screw ups happen

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

It is called ASTROTURF

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    fancy ne name for lying your a## off to save your image. Josh spinning the truth again.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    I concur with nearly all of the above suggestions. Although I am game to pay up for the right individual.. strong, disciplined, ethical, honest, proven Leader. I especially agree our next Chief must come from the outside.. fresh perspective and untainted. It will be a good thing for every man and woman in the department to have a clean slate with new Leader. I dont know who is or isnt qualified internally.. I am certain there will be opportunities in their future.. just not now.

Most importantly, vespia needs to go now... he should not be part of the search or interview process of the new Chief. He should do what is best for the dept and step aside so we can move on for what is best for the City. He wont of course.. so I encourage the new and improved City Hall to help him along his way.
    Steph, you have to go DIRECTLY to City Hall with your opinions to get us a new Chief.

THANK YOU STEPH!!'

Unregistered
    Stephanie I, and I know a few people who are staying refreshed on the issue of SU being separated from the city. SU brought professionalism and not a good ole boy view to IA's and procedures within the agency. The cynics are those who can't meet the high ethical standards that a law enforcement officer must have. Again, I suggest a call for SU to be considered for police chief immediately. I stand with Steve! Stand With Steve! SWS!

SWS for North Port Florida!!

Unregistered
    SWS! I'm in!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    SWS! I'm in!
    before anyone makes a case for SU, you first have to remember being a police chief is a lot more than what SU has to offer. He has no command experience, has screwed the pooch per se in past cases, he was only a captain by default. He does have history. Now in saying that he is ethical but unfortunately he is not a leader of men, we need to go outside for a proven leader, one who will upright the sinking ship. Remember SU was part of the admin who created these problems, a former teachers pet. Bought in from outside the department in a created position and then by default and under less than legal circumstances promoted to captain with no selection process. So he penned a letter putting the chief on notice, this is his only major accomplishment. Selection process, hire from the outside, an educated proven leader who has a track record of accomplishments and has a plan to make things right again. It's the right thing to do. I can assure you if SU was named a candidate, the embarrassment and the dirt would be overwhelming.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast