Say Goodbye to Cellphones Inside of the Jail - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Beats the heck out of being fired and dragging a dozen others down with you with the evidence found on your phone. It's none of their business anyway because it is your own private phone. Even if they fire you for insubordination you will get your job back and more in the civil service appeal. Then you can sue them for wrongful dismissal, defamation of character and legal fees.
    When you get off probation and get a little experience, you will begin to see how things really work around here. Failure to cooperate with an internal investigation will land you outside the SAB calling someone for a ride home. You won't win a civil service appeal and surely won't win any defamation or wrongful dismissal cases. That all sounds great, but isn't real. When you sign the GO's and SOP's, you agree to fully cooperate with internal investigations and that means handing over the phone if they ask for it.

It's pretty obvious what the problems are at the PCSO. People need to get their priorities straight. When you signed on to become a deputy, you agreed to come to work for 8, 10, or 12 hours and perform law enforcement duties in return for a paycheck and benefits. It's not high school. You aren't being paid to pick up women or men, play on phones and electronic devices, or f**k off. Grow up and put the effort into the job or find another line of work.[/QUOTE]

Unregistered
    Beats the heck out of being fired and dragging a dozen others down with you with the evidence found on your phone. It's none of their business anyway because it is your own private phone. Even if they fire you for insubordination you will get your job back and more in the civil service appeal. Then you can sue them for wrongful dismissal, defamation of character and legal fees.
    When you get off probation and get a little experience, you will begin to see how things really work around here. Failure to cooperate with an internal investigation will land you outside the SAB calling someone for a ride home. You won't win a civil service appeal and surely won't win any defamation or wrongful dismissal cases. That all sounds great, but isn't real. When you sign the GO's and SOP's, you agree to fully cooperate with internal investigations and that means handing over the phone if they ask for it.

It's pretty obvious what the problems are at the PCSO. People need to get their priorities straight. When you signed on to become a deputy, you agreed to come to work for 8, 10, or 12 hours and perform law enforcement duties in return for a paycheck and benefits. It's not high school. You aren't being paid to pick up women or men, play on phones and electronic devices, or f**k off. Grow up and put the effort into the job or find another line of work.[/QUOTE]

It's just a job they do not own me and my private life is none of their business. BTW there are several people who refused to give up their phones and still work here. The one who gave up his phone got fired. Only morons give up their cell phones. If they want it that bad get a subpoena. Good luck with that unless there is a criminal investigation and they can convince a judge to issue it. Don't give them more ammo to screw you over.

Unregistered
    I am the original poster and I would like to inform you that some people have better things to do than play April Fools' games. I have legitimately heard this from several sources and have even heard that the ban is a last straw reaction to some childish idiot videotaping someone sleeping on post and the Captain catching her in the act by viewing a video of that work area. No one is interested in kick starting any rumor mills. We have enough legitimate shit going on, so that's not necessary.
    They're not getting rid of the phones just for the sleeping and horseplay videos they've found other things like one idiot had nude videos of some inmates. A few ruin it for the rest of us.

Don't get in an uproar about the sheriff because of idiots misusing their phones. Pinellas isn't the only county that's banning personal cell phones, some counties have already banned them and others will be following.

Unregistered
    QUOTE=Unregistered;2744019]Looks like a nerve got struck, which involved party are you?

FYI: if you are using a phone issued by the SO or are receiving a stipend for using your personal phone for SO operations they can pull it at any time. If you're not getting compensation then they would have to get a court order during the investigation unless you hand it over willingly.
    I am an unaffiliated party...you will be charged with insubordination if you do not give them your PERSONAL cell phone.[/QUOTE]

Not giving up your cell phone goes against PCSO policy for insubordination, but it doesn't mean it's right policy. It's your personal cell phone and the not the agency's. If they want it than they need a warrant, and it has to be for criminal investigation. Yes, they will threatened you and put fear of god in you. You will probably lose in IA, but that's why there is a civilian review board to review these cases.

They are violating the fourth admenment unless you freely give up your phone. What if you don't have a cell phone, will they still fire you because you didn't give them a cell phone. They will say you were being untruthful.

When they tell you that you are better off resigning, that's B.S. Too. Once you resign, you can't fight to get your job back, and you will be blacked ball from being hired by any other agency. Best to be fired so you can fight to get your job back.

Unregistered
    I am an unaffiliated party...you will be charged with insubordination if you do not give them your PERSONAL cell phone.
    Not giving up your cell phone goes against PCSO policy for insubordination, but it doesn't mean it's right policy. It's your personal cell phone and the not the agency's. If they want it than they need a warrant, and it has to be for criminal investigation. Yes, they will threatened you and put fear of god in you. You will probably lose in IA, but that's why there is a civilian review board to review these cases.

They are violating the fourth admenment unless you freely give up your phone. What if you don't have a cell phone, will they still fire you because you didn't give them a cell phone. They will say you were being untruthful.

When they tell you that you are better off resigning, that's B.S. Too. Once you resign, you can't fight to get your job back, and you will be blacked ball from being hired by any other agency. Best to be fired so you can fight to get your job back.[/QUOTE]

Straight up abuse of power and I did not agree to for-go my civil rights when I took this job. It won't be until someone hires an attorney to fight this nonsense. I would like to review all the general counsels phones and command staff to see if their putting in a full 8 hours of work. They take your personal C Phone when they have a weak case and grasping at straws. Bunch of BS

Unregistered
    Straight up abuse of power and I did not agree to for-go my civil rights when I took this job. It won't be until someone hires an attorney to fight this nonsense. I would like to review all the general counsels phones and command staff to see if their putting in a full 8 hours of work. They take your personal C Phone when they have a weak case and grasping at straws. Bunch of BS
    You know what's weak JAIL HACK? Your inability to properly use the quote function and poor grammar. You did agree to abide by the rules, regulations and standard operating procedures of this organization upon being hired. If you can't do it, go get a job more commensurate to your ability, such as shagging shopping carts at Walmart. Additionally, if you actually believe the Command staff put in anything less then 8 hours daily you are delusional. Car 1 is a workaholic and demands the same from his staff. They earn their astronomical salaries but when the hours they work are factored in, they are most likely making less then a Sergeant on a per hour basis.

Now, go do your checks, HACK!

Unregistered
    To my knowledge from previous discussions with people in power, even if you use your personal phone, if it is while you are working then it is fair game. They can demand to see your phone if it affects your work. Also, has anyone ever read the fine print when you sign up for the apps they put out or anytime you connect to their wifi.

Unregistered
    Let's see, we are entrusted to run a jail with thousands of inmates, firearms, Tasers, medical emergencies, meals, maintain discipline and order, due process for inmates, sanitation, security and maintenance reports, razors issue and collection, inmates' property, legal work, etc. etc.

But we are not trusted with our own cell phones. Anyone see the sad irony here?!

What is next, checking bags and body scans when we come to work?

We are being treated like inmates by the administration. They made us into inmates who control the rest of the inmates.

Unregistered

An order is an order

How about they order the following things based upon an anonymous tip concerning you and possible activities that violates policy and procedure.
    Would you let them search your person? How about a strip search? Your cellphone?
    Your vehicle? Your home? Your mail? Your wallet or purse? Your home computer? Interview your neighbors and friends? (You must tell them to cooperate because they order you to tell them that) Interrogate your spouse,lawyer, or priest? (You are ordered to tell them to waive your privileged communication or you will be insubordinate). Either we have a expectation of privacy or we don't have any privacy at all. This is a very slippery slope and I applaud all who stand up against such draconian measures as phone seizing and standing behind a direct order. This seems to be at best a bully tactic to illicit a compliant turnover of personal information. Also what about those who sent the person information? Their expectation of privacy is being violated. What about two person consent concerning recordings? I thought giving an unlawful order was a violation and ordering someone to release their personal private information seems to meet that standard. However with the current state of affairs all bets are off. They are more then willing to try any and all tactics to get the results that are dmeander of them. After all, those in the positions of power never want to return to the normal everyday work of the rank and file.

Unregistered
    We stop the abuse of power of the third floor. We need to have an IA for the third floor, maybe a civilian review board. The biggest violators of the general orders are the retards on the third floor. These guys have been violating the general orders since they started working here, SJ, BH, etc.

Maybe we should drug test these people too. Imagine what we might find, pain killers, steroids, illegal drugs. The possibilities are limitless. This is not including what we might find on their cell phones. It would be interesting. You can't trust these people, they are liars and hypocrites.

Where is our union?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast