Legislature meeting regarding Disband - Page 8
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Good point! However there is positively no way that FHP writes 750,000,000 tickets in a year. I think 2-3 million is a much more accurate number. That's assuming each and every trooper writes 200 a month which we know is not realistic.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    And guess what a lot of SO's have community service aides to go take over with report calls and such. But no civilians could not replace a Sheriffs Office because guess what when a person calls 911 guess who answers the phone???? The Sheriffs Office and they have a constitutional responsibility to respond. No where in the state when a person calls 911 is FHP called!!

I am not saying civilians could ever completely replace FHP, but in the majority of vehicle crashes yes they could and its being done all over the state. You guys even did it in Orlando and Tampa with CSO's and it worked just fine. There will still need to be sworn LEO at FHP dont you worry about that.

ANd to your black water comment. They were never tasked with Law Enforcement functions in Iraq, yes they were PSD teams, security for convoys and bases and several other tasks. But one thing they never did was any kind of law enforcement. And before you talk about the Bw guys that went to Katrina guess what they were all sworn LEO by the governor upon their arrival. Also guess what they didnt write and reports or make any arrests just physical security.

You guys are stating to sound like whinny little kids.. For years several of you had said the deputies should be working crashes and blah blah we are too good for surface streets and parking lot crashes. Well you got your wish two County Sheriffs are stepping up. Embrace it!!
    Another dumb post from an ex-trooper or sheriff'sdo boy.

Unregistered
    And guess what a lot of SO's have community service aides to go take over with report calls and such. But no civilians could not replace a Sheriffs Office because guess what when a person calls 911 guess who answers the phone???? The Sheriffs Office and they have a constitutional responsibility to respond. No where in the state when a person calls 911 is FHP called!!

I am not saying civilians could ever completely replace FHP, but in the majority of vehicle crashes yes they could and its being done all over the state. You guys even did it in Orlando and Tampa with CSO's and it worked just fine. There will still need to be sworn LEO at FHP dont you worry about that.

ANd to your black water comment. They were never tasked with Law Enforcement functions in Iraq, yes they were PSD teams, security for convoys and bases and several other tasks. But one thing they never did was any kind of law enforcement. And before you talk about the Bw guys that went to Katrina guess what they were all sworn LEO by the governor upon their arrival. Also guess what they didnt write and reports or make any arrests just physical security.

You guys are stating to sound like whinny little kids.. For years several of you had said the deputies should be working crashes and blah blah we are too good for surface streets and parking lot crashes. Well you got your wish two County Sheriffs are stepping up. Embrace it!!
    Another post from a ex trooper or sheriff's do boy.

Unregistered
    Has anyone seen the backwards antique crash report writing system polk uses? Last i knew, they required all boxes filled essentially making every crash a long form. Plus ive been told they now require photos of every crash being placed into evidence. Troopers are much more efficient.

Unregistered
    First not every Sheriffs Office has a bomb squad. The FBI decides how any and where bomb squads are placed and they fund the training and initial equipment purchase for the team. Second there are 66 Sheriffs in the State, and to get ride of a Sheriffs Office would require changing both of the Counties Constitution and the States not going to happen. Florida is too dependent on their County Gov lots more than just LEO:Fire services, animal control, public works, library systems, school systems. ANd the list goes on and on. Florida will not be getting rid of county GOV anytime soon.

And shockingly enough your WRONG about no county GOV: http://www.belknapcounty.org/pages/B..._sheriff/Index
    http://www.hcsonh.us/
    http://www.rockso.org/

The list continues all 10 counties in NH have some kind of Sheriffs Office.

Oh wait wait heres AK as well:
    http://www.countyoffice.org/anchorag...horage-ak-f78/
    You are right i was mistaken about New Hampshire it's Connecticut that has no county government. The link you provided for Alaska goes to an information page for address and phone number but this Anchorage County Sheriff has no page of its own. Want to know why? Because Alaska does not have counties. There is no "Anchorage County".

Unregistered
    You are right i was mistaken about New Hampshire it's Connecticut that has no county government. The link you provided for Alaska goes to an information page for address and phone number but this Anchorage County Sheriff has no page of its own. Want to know why? Because Alaska does not have counties. There is no "Anchorage County".
    AK uses Boroughs instead of counties which function much in the same way as a county does.

CT has counties and up until 2000 had County Sheriffs. The county gov in CT was abolish in 1960's but they still have towns, villages, and boroughs which all have governments just on a small scale.

What is your point?? The state legislators does not have the power to get ride of county government in the state of Fl. The Sheriff does not answer to the Legislators. They would have to make a series of constitutional amendments to do anything like that in FL.. .

Unregistered
    Has anyone seen the backwards antique crash report writing system polk uses? Last i knew, they required all boxes filled essentially making every crash a long form. Plus ive been told they now require photos of every crash being placed into evidence. Troopers are much more efficient.
    Putting pictures into evidence is an accreditation requirement and also an evidence retention issue. FHP has recently come out with a similar policy.

Unregistered
    AK uses Boroughs instead of counties which function much in the same way as a county does.

CT has counties and up until 2000 had County Sheriffs. The county gov in CT was abolish in 1960's but they still have towns, villages, and boroughs which all have governments just on a small scale.

What is your point?? The state legislators does not have the power to get ride of county government in the state of Fl. The Sheriff does not answer to the Legislators. They would have to make a series of constitutional amendments to do anything like that in FL.. .
    I am not saying that Florida will ever get rid of counties. I am just saying calling for more decentralized services is not a good way to save tax payers money. Believe me I know nothing in this retarded state will ever make sense. I was born here and I am amazed at how much better other states do it. "So why not just move?" I am working on it...

Unregistered

The state can make the rules and break the rules. They write the constitution and ammend it they want to. The state can get rid of counties. It will be a hard fought battle but it could happen. Counties can resist, all the state has to do is cut all funding sources and guess what, your property taxes will sky rocket to pay for everything the state funds now. You have 67 sheriff now, as always, the some sheriff hates foreign Leo in their counties, some others love it. That will always change every 4 years. All you have to do is elect a sheriff who got arrested by FHP or written up by FHP.

Like I have always said, is up to the governor to decide what to do with us, not the sheriff. VETO POWER

Unregistered
    The state can make the rules and break the rules. They write the constitution and ammend it they want to. The state can get rid of counties. It will be a hard fought battle but it could happen. Counties can resist, all the state has to do is cut all funding sources and guess what, your property taxes will sky rocket to pay for everything the state funds now. You have 67 sheriff now, as always, the some sheriff hates foreign Leo in their counties, some others love it. That will always change every 4 years. All you have to do is elect a sheriff who got arrested by FHP or written up by FHP.

Like I have always said, is up to the governor to decide what to do with us, not the sheriff. VETO POWER
    Ignore the typos, the voice recognition on this I-phone sucks, but you all get my point.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast