Legislature meeting regarding Disband - Page 7
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    How does the Georgia State Patrol have the respect they have? What's the difference with FHP? GSP just got a huge, well deserved and needed raise.
    And pretty sure GA law does not allow for anything like a CSO.

Unregistered
    And pretty sure GA law does not allow for anything like a CSO.
    I have only seen non paid auxiliary type deputies with the SOs in GA.

Unregistered
    At least one of the brave Troopers on the memorial wall was gunned down along with a tow truck driver after responding to a crash that ended up being a disabled vehicle. I don't know each individual story but I am sure there are more. You are a disrespectful maggot, you probably received a well deserved citation and now you are bitter. You claim that you want us gone to save the tax payers money? If anyone in this backwards white trash state wanted to save money they would demand a state police instead of having 67 different bomb squads, swat teams, 6 figure salary sheriff's, and jails. New Hampshire and Alaska both have no county government maybe it's time for me to move.
    First not every Sheriffs Office has a bomb squad. The FBI decides how any and where bomb squads are placed and they fund the training and initial equipment purchase for the team. Second there are 66 Sheriffs in the State, and to get ride of a Sheriffs Office would require changing both of the Counties Constitution and the States not going to happen. Florida is too dependent on their County Gov lots more than just LEO:Fire services, animal control, public works, library systems, school systems. ANd the list goes on and on. Florida will not be getting rid of county GOV anytime soon.

And shockingly enough your WRONG about no county GOV: http://www.belknapcounty.org/pages/B..._sheriff/Index
    http://www.hcsonh.us/
    http://www.rockso.org/

The list continues all 10 counties in NH have some kind of Sheriffs Office.

Oh wait wait heres AK as well:
    http://www.countyoffice.org/anchorag...horage-ak-f78/

Unregistered
    At least one of the brave Troopers on the memorial wall was gunned down along with a tow truck driver after responding to a crash that ended up being a disabled vehicle. I don't know each individual story but I am sure there are more. You are a disrespectful maggot, you probably received a well deserved citation and now you are bitter. You claim that you want us gone to save the tax payers money? If anyone in this backwards white trash state wanted to save money they would demand a state police instead of having 67 different bomb squads, swat teams, 6 figure salary sheriff's, and jails. New Hampshire and Alaska both have no county government maybe it's time for me to move.
    The point isnt to disrespect anyone who has given their life here bud. Its to simply show that CSO's can and do the jobs of Troopers all over the state everyday!!

FHP had CSOs that did the work fine for a few years until budget cuts got them eliminated. Guess what even FHPs own CSOs didnt have any problems doing the job.

No body is saying your MeterMaids with a Gun. AAA with a badge would be a better description. JOKE ALERT Relax. Your agency is allowing itself to become irrelevant, let some counties take over the crashes then you guys will have more time for proactive stuff. But my fear is that the minute the counties start taking over the legislator is going to cut your numbers and thus you will still be short staffed, only time will tell..

Unregistered
    In Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade Counties, CSO's (or PSA's) handle the great majority of the crashes for the Sheriff's Office. Also, most mid-size and larger cities handle most crashes with CSO's. They don't however, make anywhere close to $13.00 an hour. All of the CSO's working for PBSO and BSO make more than the starting salary for a Trooper as do the CSO's working for most mid-size and larger cities.
    Although it's not the majority of crashes, CSO's (PSA's) cannot legally handle any criminal charges.

So when the situation actually turns out to be a hit/run, or the person has no driver license, is suspended, or something else that should be criminal- but everyone has already waited on the CSO to get there and deal with the crash - the CSO just lets it go, or has to call a real sworn officer with arrest powers (and everyone waits again).

I've also seen CSO's testify in court. They get crucified when it comes to court decorum, hearsay and crash privilege. They don't have a clue (of course many deputies don't either).

Unregistered
    The point isnt to disrespect anyone who has given their life here bud. Its to simply show that CSO's can and do the jobs of Troopers all over the state everyday!!

FHP had CSOs that did the work fine for a few years until budget cuts got them eliminated. Guess what even FHPs own CSOs didnt have any problems doing the job.

No body is saying your MeterMaids with a Gun. AAA with a badge would be a better description. JOKE ALERT Relax. Your agency is allowing itself to become irrelevant, let some counties take over the crashes then you guys will have more time for proactive stuff. But my fear is that the minute the counties start taking over the legislator is going to cut your numbers and thus you will still be short staffed, only time will tell..
    Your jokes are distasteful and not funny deputy dog.

Unregistered

Haters.

And civilians could actually do the sheriff enforcement work if you want to put it that way. We had black water security services in iraq, it worked out well. They used beat the crap out of people just like deputies do. So there you go bud.

Unregistered
    Haters.

And civilians could actually do the sheriff enforcement work if you want to put it that way. We had black water security services in iraq, it worked out well. They used beat the crap out of people just like deputies do. So there you go bud.
    And guess what a lot of SO's have community service aides to go take over with report calls and such. But no civilians could not replace a Sheriffs Office because guess what when a person calls 911 guess who answers the phone???? The Sheriffs Office and they have a constitutional responsibility to respond. No where in the state when a person calls 911 is FHP called!!

I am not saying civilians could ever completely replace FHP, but in the majority of vehicle crashes yes they could and its being done all over the state. You guys even did it in Orlando and Tampa with CSO's and it worked just fine. There will still need to be sworn LEO at FHP dont you worry about that.

ANd to your black water comment. They were never tasked with Law Enforcement functions in Iraq, yes they were PSD teams, security for convoys and bases and several other tasks. But one thing they never did was any kind of law enforcement. And before you talk about the Bw guys that went to Katrina guess what they were all sworn LEO by the governor upon their arrival. Also guess what they didnt write and reports or make any arrests just physical security.

You guys are stating to sound like whinny little kids.. For years several of you had said the deputies should be working crashes and blah blah we are too good for surface streets and parking lot crashes. Well you got your wish two County Sheriffs are stepping up. Embrace it!!

Unregistered
    And guess what a lot of SO's have community service aides to go take over with report calls and such. But no civilians could not replace a Sheriffs Office because guess what when a person calls 911 guess who answers the phone???? The Sheriffs Office and they have a constitutional responsibility to respond. No where in the state when a person calls 911 is FHP called!!

I am not saying civilians could ever completely replace FHP, but in the majority of vehicle crashes yes they could and its being done all over the state. You guys even did it in Orlando and Tampa with CSO's and it worked just fine. There will still need to be sworn LEO at FHP dont you worry about that.

ANd to your black water comment. They were never tasked with Law Enforcement functions in Iraq, yes they were PSD teams, security for convoys and bases and several other tasks. But one thing they never did was any kind of law enforcement. And before you talk about the Bw guys that went to Katrina guess what they were all sworn LEO by the governor upon their arrival. Also guess what they didnt write and reports or make any arrests just physical security.

You guys are stating to sound like whinny little kids.. For years several of you had said the deputies should be working crashes and blah blah we are too good for surface streets and parking lot crashes. Well you got your wish two County Sheriffs are stepping up. Embrace it!!
    Well, you are the one in our forum whining. I don't think any trooper would ever visit your forum, because we don't care. 2 ego maniac sheriff, big deal. 65 more? I don't think so. Where I work, we get along with the sheriff great, I don't know where you are from.

Like someone said, hater.......

Unregistered
    Ok. Here is the thing about being a taxpayer. And i don't want you to take it the wrong way. I'm also a taxpayer. But here is another thing. Fhp isn't funded by what most of us consider to be "taxes". The income tax we pay every year doesn't go to FHP it goes to the feds. The property taxes don't go to FHP, it mostly goes to the county. I would guess that some of our funding comes from sales tax and gasoline tax. But considering there are only 20,000,000 residents but there are over 113,000,000 visitors in Florida every year, they are probably spending more money to fund FHP than you and I are. You also have to remember that FHP partially funds the state budget with the tickets we write. FHP also partially funds the counties with the tickets we write. Let's say that FHP writes 750,000,000 tickets a year. Let's say the average ticket is 200 dollars. That ends up being a ton of money spread throughout state and local government. And that's not counting the money generated from the commercial vehicle enforcement unit. FHP is also partially funded by revenue from tags, titles, driver's licenses, DL reinstatement fees after a suspension, etc etc. Now I'm here to tell you that i didn't join a traffic enforcement agency because i want to make money for the government. But our discussion is about being worth it.
    Pretty good point.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast