Legislature meeting regarding Disband - Page 4
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I expected a reply like that, since you all talk to each other that way only make sense you would talk to a non leo that way as well. Now I'm not going to provide any of your request because I don't know if that is standard procedure for you guys. My point was if it is standard procedure why should we pay for two agencies to do one investigation. I don't want to get that office in any trouble or cause any negative repercussions on them. However, maybe someone can answer my question, is that how you normally work?
    You're a liar and an idiot troll!

Unregistered
    Ok. Well thanks for not answering my question. Seeing how defensive you are over it I'm taking it's a sore topic.

Unregistered
    I expected a reply like that, since you all talk to each other that way only make sense you would talk to a non leo that way as well. Now I'm not going to provide any of your request because I don't know if that is standard procedure for you guys. My point was if it is standard procedure why should we pay for two agencies to do one investigation. I don't want to get that office in any trouble or cause any negative repercussions on them. However, maybe someone can answer my question, is that how you normally work?
    I will try to explain. So you call for a Trooper because you were involved in a crash and for whatever reason you won't just exchange information. Trooper arrives and finds that a fight occurred so an arrest needs to be made. Trooper looks at CAD screen and sees 10 calls holding some with injuries and road block. Instead of getting tied up with a couple of battery or affray or whatever charges Trooper gives that to the Sheriff's office so he can continue on to holding calls after completing his crash. Now is a battery arrest a hard thing to handle? While some Deputies will make you think it is, DUI charges are usually more complicated and Troopers do those all the time so it's not that Troopers don't know how to do it or can't it's just that they are making a decision to deal with the holding calls instead of getting tied up on the minor fight. Now you may say "surely it won't take that long just to drop someone at the jail!" but the Sheriff's offices will fight tooth and nail to not take in inmates at the jail. Any arrestee in my county has to be medically cleared if they have been involved in any collision even if it's just backing in to a mail box, this usually takes about 4 hours. I am trying to put myself in the Troopers shoes on your call and tell you why I might have made that decision. Maybe your Trooper was just lazy? Or maybe the Sheriff's Office mistreated the Troopers in that particular county so much that the Troopers will use any chance they get to stick it to a Deputy by making them deal with a bull crap call? I hope this gives you perspective.

Unregistered
    Go away troll. I call BS on this little story. How convenient how this just happened to you (supposedly) recently, and you just so happen to be browsing the FHP forum (as a non-LEO, which is doubtful), and it also conveniently fits into your narrative (that FHP is not needed). Too many coincidences, but hey, prove me wrong, you don't even have to identify yourself. What was the case number, or the troopers name, neither would give away who you supposedly are. And its gonna be....... crickets...... watch.
    If YOU are really a trooper then you would know this is standard operating procedure in PASCO County. We handle all crashes and traffic only related events. Anything criminal is handled by the SO. Now get off your lazy ass and check with some of the other Trooper's in PASCO. And in case you don't know any Trooper's in PASCO google "The Pasco Project". That was the SOP set up by Tally and the SO.

Unregistered
    Thank you for the insight, it does seem fair that we look at doing stuff better. I as a tax payer don't think I need to pay for two agencies to do what one can do.

Unregi stered
    I understand your point on duplication of services but it's not quite that cut and dried. There is a duplication of services everywhere not just law enforcement. Think about where you live. There is probably a city park service and a county park service. In addition to the state park service and the national park service. At the federal level we have tons of different agencies like ATF, FBI, ICE, DEA, etc. They "could" all be rolled into one but each agency has a specific mission. It's similar in Florida and pretty much everywhere on the continental U.S. Each state has a highway patrol or state police. They also have conservation officers, alcohol and tobacco agents, fire marshalls, insurance fraud agents, agricultural officers, etc. Basically, these are functions that could be performed by one agency but aren't. There is a reason that there are different law enforcement agencies thought the state, country, and world.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregi stered View Post
    I understand your point on duplication of services but it's not quite that cut and dried. There is a duplication of services everywhere not just law enforcement. Think about where you live. There is probably a city park service and a county park service. In addition to the state park service and the national park service. At the federal level we have tons of different agencies like ATF, FBI, ICE, DEA, etc. They "could" all be rolled into one but each agency has a specific mission. It's similar in Florida and pretty much everywhere on the continental U.S. Each state has a highway patrol or state police. They also have conservation officers, alcohol and tobacco agents, fire marshalls, insurance fraud agents, agricultural officers, etc. Basically, these are functions that could be performed by one agency but aren't. There is a reason that there are different law enforcement agencies thought the state, country, and world.
    Great post and spot on. Some of these idiots just have a beef with FHP.

Unregistered
    No beef with FHP, but if its standard operating procedures for you not to investigate anything criminal (battery,assault,domestic etc) *especially* when it occurs on the interstate or on a call for service, I also don't see the point in paying for a law enforcement agency to only investigate crashes. It seems that a civilian agency could investigate most of the crashes and cost tax payers much less then the sheriffs or local agencies can investigate the fatals or ones that require a cop. Its been done in many other areas of the state.

I understand the need for "specialty" agencies to investigate fraud,drugs and other criminal portions, but a traffic crash is a civil matter and does not require a law enforcement officer to do. I always thought your agency did more than that, but you say is standard procedure.....

Unregistered
    No beef with FHP, but if its standard operating procedures for you not to investigate anything criminal (battery,assault,domestic etc) *especially* when it occurs on the interstate or on a call for service, I also don't see the point in paying for a law enforcement agency to only investigate crashes. It seems that a civilian agency could investigate most of the crashes and cost tax payers much less then the sheriffs or local agencies can investigate the fatals or ones that require a cop. Its been done in many other areas of the state.

I understand the need for "specialty" agencies to investigate fraud,drugs and other criminal portions, but a traffic crash is a civil matter and does not require a law enforcement officer to do. I always thought your agency did more than that, but you say is standard procedure.....
    Go away troll. If you had common sense you will know. I won't even reply to your post.

Unregistered
    We don't just investigate crashes. At least not in the places i have worked. In my area we work everything we come across for the most part, excluding things that might require a bit of specialized training. Now there have been times where the sheriff's office and us "split charges" but that doesn't happen very often. We work thefts, battery, fraud, identity theft, drugs, assault, Baker Acts, Silver Alerts, Amber Alerts, and shots fired calls. I walked out of a deposition a few weeks ago on a case i was involved in that had a gun. As soon as i got in my car i was sent to another one that involved shots fired. Now do i get involved in that stuff routinely? No, not as often as a city officer. But i know how to handle them. I think maybe FHP doesn't do quite enough stuff with public information about what we really do. Most people seem to think that all we do is work crashes and write tickets on the interstate. That's a big part of it, but there is much more to this career.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast