Legislature meeting regarding Disband - Page 3
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why isn't the colonel talking to the legislature?
    Because he is MIA. He is in Jax where he is all the the the time. That's why they took the rocket out of his car when he became Col.

After being Col for a 18 months, he still hasn't moved his family or pruchased a home s he promised.

Unregistered
    GHQ = lost with reality

Unregistered
    First I agree with the notion of a "better breed of troopers" but we should not forget . . .you get what you pay for.

Second, LTC Thomas was wholly unprepared to make any kind of statement except. . . "I've been a Trooper for 30 years" . . . Who cares. You are what's wrong with this agency. Want to help? Resign over this issue.

Third, your appearance was just too damm embarrassing! You are clearly seriously overweight and if you have a heart attack under the "Heart/Lung Law" taxpayers would have to foot your surgery. Why, as a taxpayer, should I have to pay my tax dollars to someone who can't even meet FHP weight standards. Look at the Sheriff who appeared at the Podium. As a taxpayer who would I want to chase bad guys . . .LTC Thomas or a Sheriff who looks to be physically fit. Does OIG need a formal complaint for a violation of policy on your weight? If so I'll go to the PBA and have them file the complaint. The only thing missing on your uniform was ketchup and mustard stains from the 20 hot dogs you must have eaten prior to this meeting. First impressions are the most important impressions!!!!

Fourth, know your subject matter!!! You, LTC Thomas, came across as a DOLT!!! You told the legislators we you just got the information yet you were opposed to it. How did you even know what you were opposed to if you just got the bill and had not even had time to review it? You told the committee you had not had the time to review the impact upon other entities. If you did not review the bill how could you know anything about adverse affects. You disarmed yourself in your speech. You then go on to "lecture" the subcommittee members on the history of the Highway Patrol and how this would be a stark change to the "Business Model of the FHP". We are a . . .L A W E N F O R C E M E N T agency not a private business. What in the heck are you talking about. You ramble on about all of the other duties that "YOU" LTC Thomas "YOU" have done empire building on to create. You forgot about the Road Trooper!!!! That's right the Road Trooper who is the bread and butter of FHP. Then you state how we were used in the RNC. I do not know of one trooper from the mobile field force who went downtown to coral the protester's. You sir do not know what you are talking about.

Fifth, you told the committee you've been a trooper for 30 years and you could have been a deputy or police officer but you chose to be a Trooper. You don't know you could have been a deputy or a city police officer instead of a Trooper. That is so immaterial I laughed at it and thought . . ."typical" . . .Thomas tooting his own horn. The truth is you can be called on the carpet if not terminated for lack of physical fitness in most other agencies.

And finally sixth, keep you damm gum chewing quiet. I think I counted 3-4 times when your bubble gum appeared in the corner of your mouth and on camera. Real professional Mike . . .real professional.

Your claim to fame will be you led FHP down the trail of obsolescence. You had a chance to stick up for the patrol and you failed . . .and failed miserably. I encourage all of my fellow Troopers to view the link and our No. 2 guys performance. What a disgrace!!

Good luck on trying to keep the good boat FHP afloat.
    I couldn't agree more. I was thinking the same thing about how disgusting Mike looked compared to the Sheriff. How is a weight standard enforced on new hires coming in, but not on command staff. He clearly sends the message that it is okay to stop taking care of yourself after the academy. I can't understand why Troopers are supposed to salute this man out of respect, when he clearly has no respect for himself. Maybe he should start doing PT with the recruits in the morning.

Unregistered
    There is/was a reason spaulding was given the job and not Thomas. And it is crystal clear now why. Thomas is clearly running the show and running it into the ground. Their boss needs to get a hold of the reigns and make them do the jobs they were appointed to. Why isn't spaulding in charge?

Unregistered
    Hey Mike . . .Brooke says hi!! ;-)

Unregistered
    Hey Mike . . .Brooke says hi!! ;-)
    Who is Brooke???? Please do share!!! Lol

Unregistered

Good idea

This is just the beginning of the end for FHP. Those two sheriffs have more political clout than all of FHP and if you don't believe it just count the favorable votes at the end of the discussion which sent the bill forward.

This has been a long time coming but it's finally here.

It's time to stop doing things that don't work, the same way, just because that's the way we have always done things. That's just poor management and leadership and to allow a broken system to continue unchanged without looking for a solution is malfeasance.

For those who will answer that the legislature should just fix FHP, you and I both know that isn't going to happen. The neglect that has been inflicted on FHP over the last 30 to 40 years have literally damaged that agency beyond repair.

It's time to do the right thing for the citizens of this state and pass this pilot program and then do it for the rest of the state.

Unregistered

What do y'all do?

Iv been reading this new bill the legislature wanted to pass and then it reminded me of something that happened a short time ago. I was involved in a crash with multiple cars. Two of the other drivers got into an altercation over the crash. FHP shows up gives me the paperwork I need and then the Sheriffs office shows up and arrest the people in the fight. Are you now law enforcement? I mean as a tax payer it seems pointless to pay for two agencies to do the same work. The sheriffs office could have worked the crash and arrested the people and cost me the same. Instead I paid for two cars, two officers for the same service. If you guys don't investigate everything, why should we pay for you? Iv always been a supporter and believed FHP was the premier state law enforcement agency. However, seeing how it takes multiple agencies to complete your investigation I'm not sure it's the best use of my tax money.

Unregistered
    Iv been reading this new bill the legislature wanted to pass and then it reminded me of something that happened a short time ago. I was involved in a crash with multiple cars. Two of the other drivers got into an altercation over the crash. FHP shows up gives me the paperwork I need and then the Sheriffs office shows up and arrest the people in the fight. Are you now law enforcement? I mean as a tax payer it seems pointless to pay for two agencies to do the same work. The sheriffs office could have worked the crash and arrested the people and cost me the same. Instead I paid for two cars, two officers for the same service. If you guys don't investigate everything, why should we pay for you? Iv always been a supporter and believed FHP was the premier state law enforcement agency. However, seeing how it takes multiple agencies to complete your investigation I'm not sure it's the best use of my tax money.
    Go away troll. I call BS on this little story. How convenient how this just happened to you (supposedly) recently, and you just so happen to be browsing the FHP forum (as a non-LEO, which is doubtful), and it also conveniently fits into your narrative (that FHP is not needed). Too many coincidences, but hey, prove me wrong, you don't even have to identify yourself. What was the case number, or the troopers name, neither would give away who you supposedly are. And its gonna be....... crickets...... watch.

Unregistered
    I expected a reply like that, since you all talk to each other that way only make sense you would talk to a non leo that way as well. Now I'm not going to provide any of your request because I don't know if that is standard procedure for you guys. My point was if it is standard procedure why should we pay for two agencies to do one investigation. I don't want to get that office in any trouble or cause any negative repercussions on them. However, maybe someone can answer my question, is that how you normally work?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast