Legislature meeting regarding Disband - Page 6
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Let me get this straight. A poster on here wants to turn our job over to civilians and pay them 13 dollars an hour??? Ummmm...Don't you think Florida already has enough low paying jobs?
    reduce unemployment in the state. do the same job for less money! thats the selling point here

Unregistered
    Some counties should do just that, like they have with medical examiners. Some counties share these responsibilities between multiple counties depending on the volume. Some counties combine utilities, schools etc.. so save the tax payers money. However, we are talking about STATE money right now. Not county taxes. County taxes do not pay for FHP, that comes from State taxes and sales tax. Which, to attract business owners and encourage employment in this area, we should always look at maintaining the lowest in the nation without sacrificing safety. So why should FHP continue to be justified if the sheriff has to respond and handle things. I pay my county funds or city taxes to have my sheriffs department patrol to deter crime in my area, if they are responding to your calls and arresting people from your stuff, then I don't see the point in me paying for both!

My honest opinion, is my sheriffs department should not get involved in your state matter unless its an officer safety issue. They need to be patrolling my neighborhood and keeping people from stealing etc. FHP should be able to arrest people on the interstate or from their calls for service without tying up local law enforcement. FHP is a law enforcement agency, which is what us state tax payers pay for.
    I wholeheartedly agree but taxes are taxes you can't separate them. They're all come from somewhere within a budget. So if you get rid of all law enforcement and corrective state agencies it's a win-win for the taxpayers. One Sergeant one lieutenant one boss. Less taxes get rid of allstate bloodsuckers and we don't wast taxpayers money. Doing one agency call your local legislator let them know. Let's do this no state agencies. For you and I the taxpayer.

Unregistered
    reduce unemployment in the state. do the same job for less money! thats the selling point here
    How about with this $13.00 per hour civilian arrives at a traffic crash and someone shoots at them (they cant shoot back). Or how about if they get hit and killed while working a crash on the expressway. That's a lot to ask for $13.00 per hour. I don't know where you have been, but lots of bad things happen on traffic stops and at crashes.

Unregistered
    How about with this $13.00 per hour civilian arrives at a traffic crash and someone shoots at them (they cant shoot back). Or how about if they get hit and killed while working a crash on the expressway. That's a lot to ask for $13.00 per hour. I don't know where you have been, but lots of bad things happen on traffic stops and at crashes.
    Many many areas have CSO's nonsworn to work crashes. It just works, when is the last time that a trooper got shot at while filling out a crash report?

Unregistered
    At the end of the day is up to the governor. He can vetoe any bill, also, there is no senate bill companion. It's all going to come down of who has the governors ears. Corcoran and those two sheriff better start kissing some arse.

Unregistered
    Many many areas have CSO's nonsworn to work crashes. It just works, when is the last time that a trooper got shot at while filling out a crash report?
    At least one of the brave Troopers on the memorial wall was gunned down along with a tow truck driver after responding to a crash that ended up being a disabled vehicle. I don't know each individual story but I am sure there are more. You are a disrespectful maggot, you probably received a well deserved citation and now you are bitter. You claim that you want us gone to save the tax payers money? If anyone in this backwards white trash state wanted to save money they would demand a state police instead of having 67 different bomb squads, swat teams, 6 figure salary sheriff's, and jails. New Hampshire and Alaska both have no county government maybe it's time for me to move.

Unregistered
    What a friking retard, slow down Deputy.

https://www.google.com/amp/q13fox.co...stigation/amp/

Unregistered
    While you are looking at the Officer Down Memorial Page please browse Florida and tell me which agency has given the most. But hey they were just meter maids right? I swear the localstation and citizens of this state are such trash. Just slapping the faces of the families and memories of fallen Troopers.

Unregistered
    Let me get this straight. A poster on here wants to turn our job over to civilians and pay them 13 dollars an hour??? Ummmm...Don't you think Florida already has enough low paying jobs?
    In Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade Counties, CSO's (or PSA's) handle the great majority of the crashes for the Sheriff's Office. Also, most mid-size and larger cities handle most crashes with CSO's. They don't however, make anywhere close to $13.00 an hour. All of the CSO's working for PBSO and BSO make more than the starting salary for a Trooper as do the CSO's working for most mid-size and larger cities.

Unregistered
    How does the Georgia State Patrol have the respect they have? What's the difference with FHP? GSP just got a huge, well deserved and needed raise.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast