Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No beef with FHP, but if its standard operating procedures for you not to investigate anything criminal (battery,assault,domestic etc) *especially* when it occurs on the interstate or on a call for service, I also don't see the point in paying for a law enforcement agency to only investigate crashes. It seems that a civilian agency could investigate most of the crashes and cost tax payers much less then the sheriffs or local agencies can investigate the fatals or ones that require a cop. Its been done in many other areas of the state.

I understand the need for "specialty" agencies to investigate fraud,drugs and other criminal portions, but a traffic crash is a civil matter and does not require a law enforcement officer to do. I always thought your agency did more than that, but you say is standard procedure.....
I don't know who the "you" is whom you are referring to. However you are confused and have no idea what troopers do on a daily basis. You must be one of the Pinellas sheriff's do boys!