Approved pay raise for deputies

Banned LEO Affairs Corporal

Red face Approved pay raise for deputies

[Stolen from Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office facebook]

Position on Recent News Article.

On April 12, 2017, the Santa Rosa Press Gazette printed an article and shared a story online in which Sheriff Johnson met with the Pace Rotary. This meeting took place on April 11.
    In this article, Sheriff Johnson discussed issues such as Agency starting salary, retention and applicant quality. Although these topics are true, there was a very important fact which was not mentioned by the Santa Rosa Press Gazette.

The Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office wants to clarify our position.

“We are grateful for the hard work and efforts put forth by the Commissioners of Santa Rosa County during this recent vote. The pay raise which was just approved for our Deputies was one of, if not the largest in Santa Rosa County history. That 10% raise will put food on tables, pay electric bills, buy clothing and help the families of your local law enforcement officers. With this generous raise, I want to help our Deputies to be more focused on their jobs rather than the basic needs at their homes. Thank you, Commissioners. ” –Sheriff Bob Johnson.

SRPG Article: http://www.srpressgazette.com/news/2...eed-higher-pay

Unregistered
    This is very good news. I sincerely appreciate Sheriff Johnson for standing up for us and making a strong and convincing argument for this increase. I also am grateful to the county commissioners for the action they took to make it happen and the citizens for supporting it. We have a good department, a few (very few) toxic individuals not withstanding. The job gets done without treating every citizen like lower life forms as some departments feel is necessary. Yes, we work short handed and this is a safety factor, but it keeps us close and everyone has everyone else's back because of it. If you screw up, and you will, take your licks, learn from it and move on. Most important, do not forget why you got in this business in the first place.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I had to fart so bad during my interview.
    And this is a prime example of the level of immaturity that the public sees when they read this site.

Unregistered
    And this is a prime example of the level of immaturity that the public sees when they read this site.
    Who farted?

Unregistered
    Let's not assume this is an employee of the SO, could very well be a disgruntled customer of ours. However, if it is an employee of the SO please show some class.