Disband - Page 21
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Disband

Unregistered
    The Patrol has reverted to a bunch of kids "led" by old guys like Welch who can't find another job as a security guard and still cling on hoping to be somebody. We have "Rednecks on Parade" now at the Capitol trying to talk to legislators, while chewing gum.

The good ones left and only a few good ones remain.

A slow developing train wreck and you can lay much of it at TR's nasty feet.

HB 7061 may be dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This has the judiciary committee to go through, all the members on the judiciary committee are appointed by the speaker of the house. So, who thinks this won't pass now?
    I had questions about it passing seeing as how the no votes went from 1 in the first committee to 5 in the second one after a lot more anti-bill testimony.

The Judiciary committee has published their meeting notice for the next meeting on March 30. HB 7061 is NOT on the agenda. While there is no guarantee it will not be heard, this is a sign it may not be, since on the past committee it was taken up at the next meeting. The bills they are taking up are not that time consuming or controversial, so it doesn't look like it was a matter of not having enough time.
    http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sectio...mmitteeId=2919

Start Date and Time: Thursday, March 30, 2017 9:00 AM

End Date and Time: Thursday, March 30, 2017 12:00 PM
    Duration: 3.00

Consideration of the following bill(s):
    CS/HB 165 -- Sexually Transmissible Diseases
    CS/HJR 291 -- Exempting Law Enforcement Officers from Handgun Purchase Waiting Period
    CS/HB 673 -- Exceptions to Requirements for the Purchase and Sale of Firearms
    CS/CS/HB 6515 -- Relief/Wendy Smith and Dennis Darling, Sr./State of Florida
    CS/HB 6529 -- Relief/Lillian Beauchamp/St. Lucie County School District
    CS/HB 6545 -- Relief/Jerry Cunningham/Broward County
    CS/HB 6549 -- Relief/Altavious Carter/Palm Beach County School Board

Consideration of the following proposed committee substitute(s):
    PCS for CS/HB 6531 -- Relief/Dustin Reinhardt/Palm Beach County School Board

Unregistered
    Yawnnn. Another one bite the dust. Try again next year, and the next and the next. 35 yrs in the making. You will always have those few sheriff trying. It only takes a citizen or one of their families to get a ticket or a dui, then become sheriff and try to play revenge. Bye bye

Yawnnnn

Unregistered
    Yawnnn. Another one bite the dust. Try again next year, and the next and the next. 35 yrs in the making. You will always have those few sheriff trying. It only takes a citizen or one of their families to get a ticket or a dui, then become sheriff and try to play revenge. Bye bye

Yawnnnn
    YAWNNN another year without a decent raise or a step plan. Just keep waiting NEXT YEAR IT WILL HAPPEN lol....

Unregistered
    This Trooper hit the nail on the head. Very well thought out and written. This is a done deal. I propose once about ten normal to big counties do this and the small counties see this realizing they already have the resources in play. A homicide detective or violent crimes unit. It won't take much for small town County SO to go whoa I can get more money and I already have the manpower. Heck I might even hire so former Troopers. The FSA will jump on this quickly and endorse it. Remember the above poster mentioned politics. This is strategic right now now but I guarantee a political backing is coming. We already have FDLE for a State LE and the Sheriffs will just pick up the slack and absorb FHP funding.
    When this came up a few years back, the sheriff's concern was to ensure CONTINUED funding. The state will maybe fund for a year or two, but then it stops.

Sheriffs should work county roads, parking lots wrecks and city streets where they patrol under city contract, and FHP should work state roads, interstates, turnpike and other controlled access facilities. We are staffed just about right if we only worked on the above noted highways.

Unregistered
    Most of you don't know that all it takes is the stroke of a pen and FHP is history. It happened once in the past but FHP was brought back. It can happen again.

Unregistered
    Most of you don't know that all it takes is the stroke of a pen and FHP is history. It happened once in the past but FHP was brought back. It can happen again.
    Yawnnnnnn, anything can be done with the stroke of a pen. Obamacare was supposed to be over with the stroke of a pen. It hasn't happened, has it?

Unregistered
    When was FHP disbanded before?

Unregistered
    I'm not too knowledgeable on how all this works and/or is implemented but I can say that I think at the end of the day... they will keep FHP. They will just use the excuse "be lucky you have a job" to not give us a much needed raise.

Unregistered
    I'm not too knowledgeable on how all this works and/or is implemented but I can say that I think at the end of the day... they will keep FHP. They will just use the excuse "be lucky you have a job" to not give us a much needed raise.
    Posted that earlier and your SPOT ON! Talks got serious and stats supported the fact that state law enforcement needed a drastic pay raise. Since the house didn't want to give that they found a way to distract the attention without a lot of backlash. Now, when it's all done, everyone will be like well 5% was great and we still have a job. Plus, our higher ups will feel less compelled to mention anything about needing money and PBA will continue to run around with there thumbs stuck up people's butt.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast