Salute
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Salute

Unregistered

Salute

Well today ladies and gentlemen we have reached an all time state of the unbelievable. I have worked for well over two decades for this department and never seen it like this. We will soon be saluting each other. I ask myself who is to blame for this? Why why why? I know our colonel is a Christian man and not an ego maniac so is it him? I doubt it but he does let this go on. I sure wish god would help him to see his error in judgement for the staff he has picked. We are told this is for respect and esprit de. Corp, but that stuff doesn't cut the mustard. The sad thing is so far all we see is no sunglasses, no drop holsters, and now saluting. When is tally and all of Spaulding's ass clowns going to see that there are far more important matters to worry about, how about a raise, 245 vacancies, agency reputation with other agencies, a good working environment, just to name a few. But we worry about a salute. People we are in trouble. Sad day for FHP.

Unregistered
    The current Lt.Colobel was a horrible decision... I did not know him prior to LTC but being around Tallahassee and seeing some of the things this guy comes up is mind boggling.. I really like the Colonel and I think his heart is in the right place but this pick needs to be dealt with..

Unregistered
    WTF are you talking about "saluting?" I'm not saluting anyone except for an officer that has laid his life down for the job. I don't give a rats ass where you stand in the chain of command or if your enlisted. If your a member of this agency regardless of the position, you don't deserve to be saluted who ever you are that thought of this idea.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well today ladies and gentlemen we have reached an all time state of the unbelievable. I have worked for well over two decades for this department and never seen it like this. We will soon be saluting each other. I ask myself who is to blame for this? Why why why? I know our colonel is a Christian man and not an ego maniac so is it him? I doubt it but he does let this go on. I sure wish god would help him to see his error in judgement for the staff he has picked. We are told this is for respect and esprit de. Corp, but that stuff doesn't cut the mustard. The sad thing is so far all we see is no sunglasses, no drop holsters, and now saluting. When is tally and all of Spaulding's ass clowns going to see that there are far more important matters to worry about, how about a raise, 245 vacancies, agency reputation with other agencies, a good working environment, just to name a few. But we worry about a salute. People we are in trouble. Sad day for FHP.
    This is brain child of the LTC, an Ego Maniac on steroids!!

He also wants people to stand up when he walks into a room.

There is no culture for support of an attempt to make this agency more military.

This agency has been loosing its quasi military barring for years. You want the command presence atmosphere, then start looking like it and get rid of that enormous belly.

There are outher small things that should be done first.

Good luck on compliance, i like to see what happens when troopers refuse to salute.

As sad state of affairs.

Unregistered
    Please don't mistake my salute for giving you respect. For many in high positions in this agency I have none to give. Things like this make my disgust for this agency grow. As miserable as you try and make this work environment I still love what I do and it's one thing you can't take. Just remember when I do salute you, the salute I am giving is between 3 other fingers.

Unregistered

Commodore Salute

This morning I showered, changed into my uniform, and ate breakfast. Before I went 10-8, I saluted my dog, goldfish, and neighbor. After leaving the house, I went by the gas station. I saluted the store clerk (so far he was the only one to salute back). When I arrived at the FHP station, I saluted the traffic crash records staff. Next, I parked my fanny on the station bathroom toilet and relieved myself. Before fushing I saluted my breakfast and then flushed away.

Unregistered
    It is high time for our union to step in and start challenging these arbitrary policies that are not promigated as required. I don't care if the union has to file suit or file restraining orders, unfair labor practice, etc. This has to stop. Call your union rep and complain. Call your state senator or your house rep. Tell them about the state of the patrol. Explain how FHP Management has dropped the ball and not dealing with our critical shortages. This agency is so mismanaged it is unbelievable.

It's shameful that we now have to channel our resources away from legislative issues to stop the Hitleresk command staff. How embarrassing!!!!

Unregistered
    RESPECT is earned and not given!

Unregistered
    Respect yourself and people will respect you. You don't have to force them to salute you by creating an arbitrary policy with threat of disciplinary action. This is nuts!!!!!

Please tell me this is a joke....

Unregistered
    I salute everyone, including the woman that gave me gonorrhea.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast