FDLE PBA / FDLE Agents Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

FDLE PBA / FDLE Agents Association

I've heard that the FDLE PBA is pretty much ineffective and has no juice within FDLE- what's the deal?

Unregistered
    That's true! They have not done a damn thing for agents in the past ten years. Not sure why they are still a thing? The current PBA president alledgedly got a new plane from command staff......any questions whose loyalty to the agents was bought off?

Unregistered
    Some of the people in this site are beyond ridiculous. WhIle I cannot argue whether the FDLE PBA is effective or not I would point out NO state agency has received pay raises the last few years so how is FDLE any less effective than any other agency representation. Maybe the PBA as a whole has no clout with legislators. And an agent selling his sole for a plane he doesn't even own? The fact you even think that way tells me you are probably someone who would sell his soul for a new car! Good luck with that...the legislature hasn't been giving those away lately either!

Unregistered
    Very, very interesting, given the fact that they sit idle while command runs over whomever they feel like at the moment. Zero juice for sure.

Perhaps they are too busy with personal matters to really stand up for their guys when needed the most? Hey, here's a new plane, thanks for helping us! wink wink.

Unregistered
    Plane..... what the heck are you talking about???????

Unregistered
    We all know that being a pilot here is a privileged position here and it would be hard to position yourself in a strong battle with the command staff when all they have to do is threaten or mess with that assignment you love so much. Sure makes a lot of sense to most of us.

Unregistered
    You are delusional!

Unregistered
    Not to mention I believe Tampa demoted a pilot. So much for your theory of special treatment and special favors!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not to mention I believe Tampa demoted a pilot. So much for your theory of special treatment and special favors!
    Was the Tampa pilot a PBA rep?

Unregistered
    A pilot position is not a "promotion", it's a lateral. But since most are very fond of it, it sure feels like a promotion.. and anyone in that position would want to keep it.

I'm guessing if they removed the pilot, it's because it was to discipline that Agent in some way. But it was not a demotion and it surely doesn't mean that since you are a pilot they are going to treat you better.. quite the contrary, they have you right where they want you. Hence, the thought that it would potentially be difficult to stand for Agents if/when needed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast