Hippity hoppity political correctness
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Hippity hoppity political correctness

I guess our EASTER EGG HUNT offended some people.

Now it's a Spring Gathering

Unregistered
    Whatever asshole determined that needed to be changed should be ashamed of themselves.

Unregistered
    Maybe the sjw's at the department and USF have gotten into enough people's heads that no one made the author change it. Maybe, simply out of an over exaggerated self imposed fear of being labeled a racist, bigot, Islamophobe , or dare i say it a Christian from the many organizations at usf that are trying to tear down the social fabric of these United States of America the author of the email and Easter Egg Hunt event caved to the pressures and changed it themself.

Unregistered
    Easter was officially taken off of the yearly calendar for a national holiday everywhere years ago and was replaced with the MLK holiday. Christmas will probably be the next holiday taken off the official calendar.

Unregistered
    I call it Christmas. If you don't like it toor bad. If you don't celebrate it that's fine with me. You can celebrate whatever you want and call it what you want. I don't care nor will I get offended. If you want to have a party for something and I disagree with it I just don't show up...I don't get my feelings hurt. Not everyone has to get invited to a party. Not everyone likes the same thing. It's okay. It's effing called Easter and Easter egg hints are a tradition in this land for the kids. It's so they can get outside and play. Enjoy the nicer weather. Experience new growth in the land and trees and plants. Yeah. It's in spring bUT it's and Easter egg hunt. Sure it's a silly tradituon. Bunny's don't effing lay eggs. No kidding. But. IT'S A TRADITION. people. Stop trying to take these things away. Traditions are what makes a society.

Unregistered
    I need a keyboard for my phone

Unregistered
    This is bullshit. I've been ashamed of a lot of nonsense around this circus but never like this. This was to be an Easter party for the families, especially the children. I know one thing is for sure, I'm not going, none of us should go.

Unregistered
    It's kind of funny that all 12 Federal holidays, there are only two holidays that are named after two specific people.. One of which was Christ, and the second is MLK.... I'm not saying that MLK wasn't a great man, but does he really deserve a holiday of his own? Yes, he did a lot for black's, but realisitcally most of our lives have not changed becasue of MLK....

January 1, 2017 New Year's Day Sunday
    January 2, 2017 New Year's Day (observed) Monday
    January 16, 2017 Martin Luther King Day Monday
    February 20, 2017 Presidents' Day* Monday
    May 29, 2017 Memorial Day Monday
    July 4, 2017 Independence Day Tuesday
    September 4, 2017 Labor Day Monday
    October 9, 2017 Columbus Day Monday
    November 10, 2017 Veterans Day (observed) Friday
    November 11, 2017 Veterans Day Saturday
    November 23, 2017 Thanksgiving Day Thursday
    December 25, 2017 Christmas Day Monday

Unregistered
    My bad, I did forget about Columbus.. But if he was so important, why did we name two continents after Vespuci?

Unregistered

Happy easter, merry christmas, and a big f- u if you dont like it

Is anyone really surprised by this? Police work today is filled with political correctness, Policing on a College Campus can be much worse. Remember when we had to remove a DONATED Memorial Stone Honoring 2 Deceased Officers from the front of our Building ...WHY? Did someone's landscaping approval authority feelings get hurt? Who would see it or have a problem with it anyway. We inhabit the oldest building on campus, quietly tucked away behind the Building that hire's dishwashers and cooks for cafeterias. Surely our shack is not on the list of Campus tour hotspots because it does not reflect negatively on the "Campus Experience" the University wants to project. Heck, we can't even have a UNITED STATES FLAG in front of the Station. I guess the presence of a Monument honoring Dead Officers and the Display of a US Flag would be to much for Fragile feelings of visiting Students, Faculty or Staff and would lead to a line that ran out the door at the counciling center.

Now we have an EASTER EGG HUNT that apparently has apparently violated as we could guess, some sort of policy created by some Federally mandated " Office of approval of Holiday Signs " staffed by a lone Vice President making a 6 figure salary . A sign that was for a private get together for Police Building Families not the public. How quickly we fold, how quickly we have to give up our Rights... We being the same people who respond to ensure that the Rights of free speech and expression of a cursing Preacher, a abortion support group or a radical religion bent on Terrorism ...Are protected.

We should expect a guest speaker at briefing soon to tell us to be more understanding and not create such hateful announcements all as a Command staff member with a kool aid I.V. Stands over us making sure we pay attention.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast