Merger ???
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Merger ???

Merger ???

For all you bone heads that have thought that we should merge with FDLE.............go to the below link.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/45759045/Law-.

Re: Merger ???

Looks good to me.

The proposed org chart doesn't address ABT directly, so I assume it's absorbed under the FDLE investigative umbrella. Nothing to fear for the rank and file...at least those who actually work. However, I see senior management being slashed.

Quote Originally Posted by user name taken
    Looks good to me.

The proposed org chart doesn't address ABT directly, so I assume it's absorbed under the FDLE investigative umbrella. Nothing to fear for the rank and file...at least those who actually work. However, I see senior management being slashed.
    NEVER. Dont you know it takes 5 managers to supervise 2 agents.

Quote Originally Posted by user name taken
    Looks good to me.

There is plenty to fear. Under a merger, ABT positions would be absorbed. There is no promise the people filling the positions are included. Remember - positions are absorbed. Not people. Ask those in Georgia how their mergers went. Not good for everyone, including the rank and file. When DLE took Capital Police, did they take every person or every position? Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Not afraid. I work. I'm a skilled investigator. I have extensive experience outside of ABT. It would be a good opportunity to get rid of the dead wood that permeates this agency.

There is no reason to think a purge would remove dead wood. Many experienced and highly skilled investigators could be adversely impacted by any merge. You may be retained but there is no way to insure you would fill the same position in the new agency. A jettison of excess baggage may very well place a highly skilled investigator like yourself in an office far away from your current one. Just sayin...very few people are better off after a merge. We can hope only the best and brightest will survive but look at what hoping has done for us so far.

Will they take away my flex cuffs?

Never happens. This gets put out every time a new governor comes in and it never happens.

Every governor prior to Scott was a career politician. The social and political climate has changed to what the people (doesn't include the 169,000 state employees) want, not what the bureaucrats and lobbyists want. Scott is a new type of governor and he will work his corporate image into what you do every day. All the things you have known and are familiar with will change. Very little of that change will put a smile on your face. The difference between the past and the future? Your job, pension and benefits are in real danger.

Quote Originally Posted by User name taken
    Not afraid. I work. I'm a skilled investigator. I have extensive experience outside of ABT. It would be a good opportunity to get rid of the dead wood that permeates this agency.
    Too bad that many at ABT lack the mind set of this person. During my tenure, ABT had some of the most talented, experienced and hard working investigators throughout the state who took pride in who they were and what they did. That's not the case any more is it? Much of the blame can be attributed to upper management with their political corruption, usless mission statements and addiction to the "industry." Also, when you accept funding from the federal government to promote what is undenyingly a quota system for chasing teenagers around the state to capture as many as possible in possession of alcoholic beverages then your fate is sealed to doing that to the deriment to almost everything else. I say bring on the merger and wait to see if things get better. That's what we've been doing for the past 15 years isn't it?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast