Training down one? - Page 2
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    I know some of you are trying to paint him as a saint but can we be real. To be honest i am really surprised he lasted this long. I have heard him say the most inappropriate things during in-service for years. I am not talking about just off color stuff, i mean just plain nasty things that you cannot say in todays climate. This was the inevitable ending for him.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Regarding this particular post, let's leave it at this. Regardless the reason, which is none of our business, the man was passionate about his job. He actually cared about what he did and how he did it. He was as intense his last day as he was his first day. He cared about teaching people important things and genuinely cared about those he taught. His heart was in the right place and he put 100% into everything he did. Let's not forget that the person who did all of this is human. Like all people he is capable of all of the same faults that we all are. I would ask that you don't drag his name and legacy through the mud on this website. He doesn't deserve any of that. He deserves accolades for his accomplishments. But more then that, he made an impression on so many deputies that will last for decades through his teachings. Can you say the same? I for one respect him and will miss him being at PCSO. Whatever his reasons were I trust his judgement and wish him the very best in life through what is certainly a very hard time him and his family. Pappy, nothing but respect brother. This too shall pass my friend. I will miss out talks.
    I guess I'm just wondering how a guy like him got forced to resign. He was all of the things you said here and not meaning any disrespect, but if they forced him out on some trumped up nonsense, it could happen to any of us.

Unregistered
    Regarding this particular post, let's leave it at this. Regardless the reason, which is none of our business, the man was passionate about his job. He actually cared about what he did and how he did it. He was as intense his last day as he was his first day. He cared about teaching people important things and genuinely cared about those he taught. His heart was in the right place and he put 100% into everything he did. Let's not forget that the person who did all of this is human. Like all people he is capable of all of the same faults that we all are. I would ask that you don't drag his name and legacy through the mud on this website. He doesn't deserve any of that. He deserves accolades for his accomplishments. But more then that, he made an impression on so many deputies that will last for decades through his teachings. Can you say the same? I for one respect him and will miss him being at PCSO. Whatever his reasons were I trust his judgement and wish him the very best in life through what is certainly a very hard time him and his family. Pappy, nothing but respect brother. This too shall pass my friend. I will miss out talks.
    Are you trying to do damage control for yourself and keep others from talking bad about you? I think this post sounds almost as bad as a resignation. If you were so good why not stay? Cheating is a level 3, not something you'd get fired over unless you did other things like ross and nichols. If you were so good the sheriff wouldn't fire you over just cheating. You should have just taken the punishment. Other than cheat what else did you do?

Unregistered
    Dear Assholes,

I posted the bit about what a great guy SP is. I never said he was a saint and pointed out that neither are any of you. I pointed out that he put his heart into his work, most of you cannot say the same. I am not sure what "damage control" one would do on a blog after they are no longer employed. My point was he's human, thus not perfect, and none of you are either.

But I forgot what a bunch of douche bags come one here, again human, error, dumb me. But clearly none of you know him or what I am talking about. I am sure that crazy ass Mclynas is one of the posters. You sir I hope get cancer of the ass and throat and die a slow painful death some day of the worse natural causes. The rest of shit turds can suck the big one. Not one of you assholes would have the balls to say one cross thing to SP face to face. Because that is the nature of the "are ya mad bro" online tough guys of this generation. So be it.

Go **** yourselves and have a nice day shit nuggets.

Unregistered
    Well st. Pete is hiring...

Unregistered
    I don't agree with cheating but I don't anyone should be fired over it. I don't think it's the Sheriff's business unless it's happening while at work. If I was one of these deputies, I would fight it. Just because it's policy doesn't mean it's right policy.

All of you are righteous asses. You will work 25-30 years here. I guarantee that somewhere down the road that the agency will screw with you about something. I am talking from a range of small stuff to major bullshit. Normally, it's the crap that you least expect that gets you trouble.

My advice is that you do your twelve and go home. Do not get involved in this place, and spend time with your family. If you don't have family members here, you are a nobody and are not protected.

Unregistered
    So...he's the one aspect that makes training as effective as it is...and his personal life matters why? A simple cost benefit analysis leads to a simple conclusion; are the costs of a guy stepping out on his wife bigger than the loss in quality training for Deputies? With the number of shootings we've had recently, you're kidding yourself if you're going to sit here and say it's worse to have someone with a shady personal life than to have a bunch of numbskulls running the training unit. SP was the only voice fighting to modernize how we train. Hopefully we don't get dragged back into the thought process that says "Weaver stance, Remington 870s and the .38 are they greatest innovations to ever grace police work.

I don't agree with cheating. But my personal views have no place in policy, and unless it's taking place in the workplace and adversely effecting the squad or unit it's none of my business.

Unregistered
    Damage control could be trying to keep your name clean in case any future possible employers might read this.

Some of you would be singing a different tune and not defending him if it turned out that it was your wife he was screwing.

It had to be affecting something if AI got involved and/or he quit over it.

There had to be something other than cheating going on. It's only a level 3 offense which caries a max of 3 days off. For the honest ones who cheated the average seems to be 8 hours off. Then there was the female about a year ago who had around 50 hrs off and a demotion but she was doing it on grounds and on the clock, the male resigned in that one. So the question remains what else was going on?

Cheaters are crap and if they are cheating with a subordinate (or two in some cases) they are even worse for abusing their authority. This BS of "they are only human" is just that: BS! How is it that a majority of the population can go without cheating on their spouses? Are they more than human (White Zombie "More Human Than Human" cued up)? That's like a criminal saying well I broke the law because I'm only human (which as you know quite a few say when they aren't saying "I'm innocent" after they've been busted red-handed).

Cheating isn't an "oops" type thing, it's spitting on the people you are supposed to love and who think you care about them.

Unregistered
    Damage control could be trying to keep your name clean in case any future possible employers might read this.

Some of you would be singing a different tune and not defending him if it turned out that it was your wife he was screwing.

It had to be affecting something if AI got involved and/or he quit over it.

There had to be something other than cheating going on. It's only a level 3 offense which caries a max of 3 days off. For the honest ones who cheated the average seems to be 8 hours off. Then there was the female about a year ago who had around 50 hrs off and a demotion but she was doing it on grounds and on the clock, the male resigned in that one. So the question remains what else was going on?

Cheaters are crap and if they are cheating with a subordinate (or two in some cases) they are even worse for abusing their authority. This BS of "they are only human" is just that: BS! How is it that a majority of the population can go without cheating on their spouses? Are they more than human (White Zombie "More Human Than Human" cued up)? That's like a criminal saying well I broke the law because I'm only human (which as you know quite a few say when they aren't saying "I'm innocent" after they've been busted red-handed).

Cheating isn't an "oops" type thing, it's spitting on the people you are supposed to love and who think you care about them.
    Just don't get married and this won't be a problem.

Unregistered
    Just don't get married and this won't be a problem.
    LOL, True.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast