Donning and Doffing Lawsuit - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the below case. Once taken outside of the huck a buck jurisdictional lines justice will be served. Or in this case paid baby. Show me the $$$$$$$$$$

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBP,_Inc._v._Alvarez

Unregistered
    And let me guess the next post will come from most likely a LCSO administrator who either donated or suck started his way to rank stating that this case pertains to persons working in a processing plant . Let me point out a keyword that you most likely have a hard time figuring out protective equipment . If you take the time to read the full case you will see that one of the Justices refers to a police officers bulletproof vest as an example of protective equipment.

Know your role troll

Unregistered
    Mike Scott has increased the civil payroll with certain members making 100 k to hand out uniforms and toilet paper.

Scott is big time liberal when comes to making big government with the civil staff.

Thats why we filed a suit. Us deputies have been screwed.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the below case. Once taken outside of the huck a buck jurisdictional lines justice will be served. Or in this case paid baby. Show me the $$$$$$$$$$

HAHAHAHAHA, not a chance loser hahahaha keep dreaming we will show you the door hahaha

Unregistered

Ok, so you will lose the take home car and be required to drive your pov to the station at which point you can get dressed into your uniform.

Unregistered
    Ok, so you will lose the take home car and be required to drive your pov to the station at which point you can get dressed into your uniform.
    you guys are getting nothing and will like it

Unregistered

Get the facts. You should have already done that.

Not really sure where the naysayers are getting their information. This might help. The drive time after donning and doffing is a self-starter whey you are obligated to log on, enforce traffic violations, perform any component of your duties, etc.

Lemmon v. City of San Leandro

The issue in Lemmon v. City of San Leandro was whether San Leandro, California, police officers were entitled to compensation for the donning and doffing of their Class B uniforms. Relevant factors argued by the officers and the agency included the department’s claim that officers had the option of donning and doffing at home based on there being “no written policy allowing the officers to don and doff at home, or conversely, requiring the officers to don and doff at the station” the fact that the department “does provide lockers to police officers in which officers may store uniforms, equipment and personal items”; and, finally, that “most officers don and doff entirely at the police station.”

The court ruled in this instance that the time spent donning and doffing the uniform and protective gear was compensable because the “integral and indispensable nature of the donning and doffing makes those activities principal to a police officer’s duties.” In this case, the court did not look to the location of the donning and doffing in making its decision. Rather, the nature of the uniform and equipment alone made their donning and doffing compensable.

Maciel v. City of Los Angeles

Among many FLSA issues litigated in Maciel v. City of Los Angeles was the donning and doffing of personal safety equipment. Finding that the donning and doffing of this personal safety equipment was work done for the benefit of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD), the court deemed it compensable. The court pointed out that “most officers are required to wear their personal safety equipment while on duty” and “that for all practical purposes, the equipment must be donned and doffed at the assigned station,” noting LAPD’s desire to have such activity take place onsite and that officers are discouraged from wearing their uniforms while off duty. The court further ruled that this time was compensable because the time spent doing these activities was not de minimus.

Someone mentioned that Hillsborough and and other large agencies don't get this benefit. Actually they do. It is recognized and addressed through avaialbility pay. Miami dade tried to push back on this issue by removing cars for the Deputies but kept it for Sgts and above. Courts weighed in again. Miami Dade has to pay each officer 500 dollars a month if they do not provide a car to them but provide a vehicle to someone wlse who has a a similar role, any cop, regardless of their rank.

LCSO is attempting to delay the inevitable. That is all there is to it. So, you can listen to that guy who refers to everyone as "Son" or you can look up cases that are settled in situations like ours.

Unregistered
    Sheriffs personality disorder will not allow him to give up. Instead he will piss away monies which could be used for raises on yet another frivolous no win battle for him. This is what happens when one surrounds himself with yes men.

Unregistered
    Not really sure where the naysayers are getting their information. This might help. The drive time after donning and doffing is a self-starter whey you are obligated to log on, enforce traffic violations, perform any component of your duties, etc.

Lemmon v. City of San Leandro

The issue in Lemmon v. City of San Leandro was whether San Leandro, California, police officers were entitled to compensation for the donning and doffing of their Class B uniforms. Relevant factors argued by the officers and the agency included the department’s claim that officers had the option of donning and doffing at home based on there being “no written policy allowing the officers to don and doff at home, or conversely, requiring the officers to don and doff at the station” the fact that the department “does provide lockers to police officers in which officers may store uniforms, equipment and personal items”; and, finally, that “most officers don and doff entirely at the police station.”

The court ruled in this instance that the time spent donning and doffing the uniform and protective gear was compensable because the “integral and indispensable nature of the donning and doffing makes those activities principal to a police officer’s duties.” In this case, the court did not look to the location of the donning and doffing in making its decision. Rather, the nature of the uniform and equipment alone made their donning and doffing compensable.

Maciel v. City of Los Angeles

Among many FLSA issues litigated in Maciel v. City of Los Angeles was the donning and doffing of personal safety equipment. Finding that the donning and doffing of this personal safety equipment was work done for the benefit of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD), the court deemed it compensable. The court pointed out that “most officers are required to wear their personal safety equipment while on duty” and “that for all practical purposes, the equipment must be donned and doffed at the assigned station,” noting LAPD’s desire to have such activity take place onsite and that officers are discouraged from wearing their uniforms while off duty. The court further ruled that this time was compensable because the time spent doing these activities was not de minimus.

Someone mentioned that Hillsborough and and other large agencies don't get this benefit. Actually they do. It is recognized and addressed through avaialbility pay. Miami dade tried to push back on this issue by removing cars for the Deputies but kept it for Sgts and above. Courts weighed in again. Miami Dade has to pay each officer 500 dollars a month if they do not provide a car to them but provide a vehicle to someone wlse who has a a similar role, any cop, regardless of their rank.

LCSO is attempting to delay the inevitable. That is all there is to it. So, you can listen to that guy who refers to everyone as "Son" or you can look up cases that are settled in situations like ours.

well sister, there is no way and I mean no way you losers and cry babies are going to win, and quote all the case law you can have your mother look up for you, losers now and losers in the future hahaha

Unregistered
    well sister, there is no way and I mean no way you losers and cry babies are going to win, and quote all the case law you can have your mother look up for you, losers now and losers in the future hahaha
    Seems to me the only one who is crying is you. Everyone else held their head up high, publically signed their name, and is fighting for what they believe is right. About one hundred of them. Meanwhile, you go around hiding behind keyboards claiming to be courageous and not-whining. What the ****??

Define win and name the bet and I will take it. Wait...you're too much of a coward to tell us who you really are. I guess that comes with your unresolved daddy issues and fetal alcohol syndrome. You are once more confused though. I looked up the case law myself while your mother was sucking me off with your sister watching and your dad tied up as the gimp. Not bad for a Monday.

Now I know who you are...as much of a joke in person as you are in this forum. Idiot no matter where you are and what you do.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast