FHP disqualifications?

Unregistered

FHP disqualifications?

Can find anything on the Beatrooper website about disqualifications. Can anyone give a list of some of them or any of them they know? I appreciate it.

Unregistered
    n order to be considered for a sworn position with the Division of Law Enforcement, you must:
    Be at least 19 years old
    Be a citizen of the United States
    Have a high school diploma or GED and one of the following:
    2 years military experience
    2 years public contact experience
    1 year sworn law enforcement experience
    30 semester/45 quarter hours at an accredited college or university
    Have a valid Florida driver's license with no more than four moving traffic violations within the past three years
    Have not been convicted of any felony; or any misdemeanor involving perjury or a false statement or domestic violence
    Have not been convicted of driving a vehicle or operating a vessel under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance within the past five years
    Have not refused to submit to a breath/blood/urine test within five years
    Have not been dishonorably discharged from any of the Armed Forces of the United States
    Have good moral character

These are the basic requirements, anything else juts depends on who is doing the hiring.

Unregistered
    You gotta put your app in really. There is no consistency, it really depends on who you are up against at that time. I do know that credit, felonies, false statements, failure of poly graph or any of the steps are immediate disqualifies. However, I have seen people DQ for things that others were not, so its just a competition and luck none the less. Your best bet is to contact a recruiter tho, not much good information here. Good luck!

Unregistered
    Very true that the standard DQs can and are overlooked. But it may be after an appeal, and troop commander or staff panel review, not sure.

Unregistered

Disqualified

It is pretty much the luck of the draw I was just disqualified on the polygraph and a person that I work with took the Polly the same day as me and we both answered one particular question the same becouse we had both been involved in the same incident and I was disqualified and he passed. So go figure.

Unregistered

Disqualified

Well a list of disqualifications that's easy. Any thing you put down on your application or anything you put down on your polygraph can get you disqualified. An I do mean anything. A good friend of mine passed Polly last year with FHP. But was booted on the Psychological test. Well one year later he reapplied and what happened he got booted on the polygraph exam. The same one he had already taken an past.

Unregistered
    Say what you want, but skin color matters them, and who you know matters too. Troop C polographer is a red neck asshole who needs to retire. He doesn't care. His Boss in Tallahassee knows it and he doesn't care either. They are not consistent, unless the applicant looks like them. He pick and choose who he "wants" to pass not caring who's life he ruining. Sad