new hire Gregory Pryor - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by MM TPD View Post
    Love a post that starts by clarifying "I'm not an officer with your department" then proclaims the writer's "disgust". Almost as good as the one expressing shock(?) at two shootings in 5 years. Guess what Sparky, cops sometimes have to shoot bad guys who point guns at them. Some cops end up chasing more bad guys than others -- happens when you get out from under the shade tree. Maybe, just maybe Bevan has more stones than the average brass, and decided to stick her neck out and give a guy a second chance. Maybe, having served with him before, she knows something you don't. I served with Greg during his time at TPD. Did he screw up with the DUI and subsequent investigation? Yep. And he paid for it. I for one am glad to see him get a second chance. And if some night by the side of the road, Greg's the first one to show up when you're getting your butt handed to you, I'm pretty sure you will be too. Here's a thought: what do you have to lose by giving the guy a chance? Is it your neck on the line? Ever made any mistakes of your own?
    I've made mistakes, but I didn't lie about them.

Unregistered
    It's sad to see everyone arguing about this. Whether you agree or disagree, what's done is done. But here's the thing, and there's really no way around this. He wears our badge now. All we can do is have his back, and hopefully, he'll have ours. It's not the greatest situation, because unfortunately, his credibility will always be called into question. Probably for the rest of his career. And I learned from a young age, our credibility is all we have in this career. Let's just not do anything to taint ours. Hopefully, this thread dies out.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Were you there? NOPE. Was it considered justified - YUP. When you don't have all the facts, it's better to keep your mouth shut than speak and sound like a complete a$$. Everyone's throwing stones from their glass house. Get off your high horse. Some people DONT deserve second chances, while others do. Some learn from their mistakes, while others DONT. Greg is a great officer and I would take him as my back up any day over half you cowards talking shit behind a computer screen "anonymously".
    Wow don't have anything so you resort to name calling.

Bottom line WE DON'T SHOOT UNARMED PEOPLE. I suggest you read the investigation. He should of be charged.

Unregistered

Proven liability

I worked beside Greg and he's an aggressive officer and a cops cop. His shoots were justified so there's nothing to debate there. His weakness was his inability to use sound judgement and use descretion. We all at times need to work in the gray area to do our jobs successfully.., Greg lived in the grey area and eventually it caught up with em. Hopefully he decides to take his last chance seriously.

I wish em luck in Bradenton, Tampa is probably better without em.

Unregistered
    I worked beside Greg and he's an aggressive officer and a cops cop. His shoots were justified so there's nothing to debate there. His weakness was his inability to use sound judgement and use descretion. We all at times need to work in the gray area to do our jobs successfully.., Greg lived in the grey area and eventually it caught up with em. Hopefully he decides to take his last chance seriously.

I wish em luck in Bradenton, Tampa is probably better without em.
    Bevan will likely end up with a "Culpable Negligence" charge through this guy, down the road, just look at Punta Gorda's Chief poor judgement with that hire.

Unregistered

He’s great

He’s doing an awesome job at BPD and always follows the chain of command

Unregistered
    He’s doing an awesome job at BPD and always follows the chain of command
    Wow a whole 8 months, quite an accomplishment!

Unregistered
    Yeah he is Awesome just ask him. 10 year Officers driving 120K beaten down crown Vics as he has a brand new Pig Rig. Wonder why that is?

Unregistered
    You all suck so get over it!

I only feel safe when I see MSO

Unregistered

Not a BPD Officer

Yeah he is Awesome just ask him. 10 year Officers driving 120K beaten down crown Vics as he has a brand new Pig Rig. Wonder why that is?
    Your obviously not a BPD Officer. If you were a 10 year officer and driving a 120K car then you chose it to get a new one this year and you obviously don't know what car he is driving because it's not a new pig rig. So what year were you fired and did you spend any jail time?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast