Quote Originally Posted by MM TPD View Post
Love a post that starts by clarifying "I'm not an officer with your department" then proclaims the writer's "disgust". Almost as good as the one expressing shock(?) at two shootings in 5 years. Guess what Sparky, cops sometimes have to shoot bad guys who point guns at them. Some cops end up chasing more bad guys than others -- happens when you get out from under the shade tree. Maybe, just maybe Bevan has more stones than the average brass, and decided to stick her neck out and give a guy a second chance. Maybe, having served with him before, she knows something you don't. I served with Greg during his time at TPD. Did he screw up with the DUI and subsequent investigation? Yep. And he paid for it. I for one am glad to see him get a second chance. And if some night by the side of the road, Greg's the first one to show up when you're getting your butt handed to you, I'm pretty sure you will be too. Here's a thought: what do you have to lose by giving the guy a chance? Is it your neck on the line? Ever made any mistakes of your own?
I've made mistakes, but I didn't lie about them.