Tickets to LEOs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tickets to LEOs

Unregistered

Tickets to LEOs

What happened to professional courtesy? I know a few LEO friends who have gotten tickets from FHP the last month. You guys hurting for money that bad?

Unregistered
    Yawn... here we go... another troll... IGNORE

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yawn... here we go... another troll... IGNORE
    That wasn't a denial...I understand you guys don't make great money but don't take it out on real LEOs

Unregistered
    That wasn't a denial...I understand you guys don't make great money but don't take it out on real LEOs
    If you were a "real leo" you would know that the issuing agency barely gets any money from a citation.

Unregistered
    You're a stupid idiot!

Unregistered
    You must not be LEO because since when are FHP salaries dependent of the citations troopers issue? Moron!

Unregistered
    I never said troopers get more money if they write more tickets. What I was inferring to is that because troopers make less money they are unhappy and spread the unhappiness by writing tickets. Based off your pay and how much you guys complain on the other threads I understand why FHP has the reputation is does.
    Also I understand that the most of the money from the citation goes either to the County (if unincorporated) or city depending on the location. However, you cannot say that FHP does not receive any money from citations. Even if the money goes to a general state fund I am sure they use that fund at some point for FHP.
    The reason for the original post was to ask what happened to professional courtesy? Is it no longer a thing? Have we reach the point that we are willing to step on each other for a simple statistic to add to your list?

Unregistered
    I never said troopers get more money if they write more tickets. What I was inferring to is that because troopers make less money they are unhappy and spread the unhappiness by writing tickets. Based off your pay and how much you guys complain on the other threads I understand why FHP has the reputation is does.
    Also I understand that the most of the money from the citation goes either to the County (if unincorporated) or city depending on the location. However, you cannot say that FHP does not receive any money from citations. Even if the money goes to a general state fund I am sure they use that fund at some point for FHP.
    The reason for the original post was to ask what happened to professional courtesy? Is it no longer a thing? Have we reach the point that we are willing to step on each other for a simple statistic to add to your list?
    Are you really a cop in the state of Florida. I am a deputy and have been stopped off duty and giving a citation. If I was doing wrong I will take full responsibility for it. I did show my credentials or badge until the officer walked back to the car and handed me the ticket. If you are really an LEO, I will bet you a years salary that you stop people all the time for traffic violations and probably give them citation for traffic. For me everyone I stop is treated in the same manner with respect. I have stopped LEO (corrections officers) for the prison for a traffic violation in uniform and had to take them to jail for warrants. I have given criminal citations to correction officers because their license.

Unregistered
    Hey OP! Do you live under a rock? Check out the news, (print, electronic, or TV). There are stories of city and county cops arresting or citing other police officers all the time. And regardless of what complaining officers may allege, the violation is almost always much worse than described!

Lets be honest, LE does not write a ticket to every motorist they stop. Some get warnings. Depending on the violation, same goes for other cops. Its the level of violation that drives the decision to cite or warn.

Unregistered
    Are you really a cop in the state of Florida. I am a deputy and have been stopped off duty and giving a citation. If I was doing wrong I will take full responsibility for it. I did show my credentials or badge until the officer walked back to the car and handed me the ticket. If you are really an LEO, I will bet you a years salary that you stop people all the time for traffic violations and probably give them citation for traffic. For me everyone I stop is treated in the same manner with respect. I have stopped LEO (corrections officers) for the prison for a traffic violation in uniform and had to take them to jail for warrants. I have given criminal citations to correction officers because their license.
    I am not saying let a LEO go if they have a warrant or have committed a criminal action. What I am talking about is non violent, non criminal, moving violations that are up to officer discretion. I have stopped people before and given them tickets and I have also stopped people and not given them tickets. I would even say I lean more towards not writing tickets because I know how much of a burden they can be.

As for the "Hey OP" person
    I have no issues arresting if they have committed some sort crime. I am talking about nit picky tickets that do nothing but take money from people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast