In the Hiring Process Right Now - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    PLEASE! Take this job, I just hope that you come back in 6-12 months and give an update. Tell us how your colleagues welcomed you with open arms, management treated you like a valued employee and how you can see a bright and rewarding quarter century career at FDACS. Please, take the job - I dare you. Just commit it to memory to come back and give everyone an update.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    PLEASE! Take this job, I just hope that you come back in 6-12 months and give an update. Tell us how your colleagues welcomed you with open arms, management treated you like a valued employee and how you can see a bright and rewarding quarter century career at FDACS. Please, take the job - I dare you. Just commit it to memory to come back and give everyone an update.
    I'm not looking for handouts or mother Teresa to be my supervisor. I'm just looking to show up to work and make a living. I'm not here to rescue kittens or become someone's hero. I have a family that I need to support. I'm sure I'm going to hate the heck out of certain situations. Hopefully there is change. Meanwhile I have to make this work out. I thank you guys for the brutal truth. Both negative and positive inputs are very important to me. There's nothing better than honesty.

Unregistered

GRUPO Marino

I'm not looking for handouts or mother Teresa to be my supervisor. I'm just looking to show up to work and make a living. I'm not here to rescue kittens or become someone's hero. I have a family that I need to support. I'm sure I'm going to hate the heck out of certain situations. Hopefully there is change. Meanwhile I have to make this work out. I thank you guys for the brutal truth. Both negative and positive inputs are very important to me. There's nothing better than honesty.
    That right there is why I think you should take the job, to provide for your family. Other than that there are pretty much no incentives to stick around, and the sad thing is that the supervisors know this but refuse to do anything about it. We have heard CONSTANTLY that things will change and get better, but they never do. Actions speak louder than words, and the message we keep getting is "If you don't have a gold badge (are a corporal or above) we don't care."

I honestly hope that some of the brass reads what officers post on this website and get a wake up call. Some things people talk about here are petty, but the vast majority of things mentioned are unexaggerated. The brass keeps complaining about retention and staffing issues, yet pretends to not know why... it's because people with silver badges are tired of low pay with no raises, no take home cars or laptops, micromanagement, and supporting a mission that is outdated and honestly just a waste of taxpayer money.

Unregistered
    If a legitimate study is ever conducted about the turnover rate it will come down to people quitting because of the top heavy micromanagement culture and the rigged promotion system. However, accountability is non-existent among the ranks of Ag Law. Our bosses can't even get a fleet vehicle order right. Of course that resulted in all of the bosses getting new cars to drive from home to the ramp where they sit in their offices until its time to go back home - maybe that mistake was intentional.

Unregistered
    If a legitimate study is ever conducted about the turnover rate it will come down to people quitting because of the top heavy micromanagement culture and the rigged promotion system. However, accountability is non-existent among the ranks of Ag Law. Our bosses can't even get a fleet vehicle order right. Of course that resulted in all of the bosses getting new cars to drive from home to the ramp where they sit in their offices until its time to go back home - maybe that mistake was intentional.
    What would it take to get take homes for everyone? If everyone in the agency fought for that right do you think it would work happen? I'm sure none of the silver badges line driving their POV to and from work.

Unregistered
    I guess that new open academy sponsorship is a good thing then?

Unregistered
    You can only dream of a take home car. It will never happen for those who are officers unless the department leaves this outdated model of work. DMS will not let them issue cars to those who are assigned to a fixed location. The reason the gold badges get a car is they assign them to a region. So if you want a take home you will need to else where. Just get ready to add alot of miles to your POV and have to replace it every few years. Oh and if you are late because you were stuck on the highway due to an accident you will have to use your own leave to make your time card whole.

Unregistered
    HAHAHA. really so you will sign a contract for 2 years and be stuck with ag or pay them back. Trust me they will not be like other agencies who dont enforce the contract. They will make you pay that money back if you leave 1 second before your contract is up. 2 years in ag is like a lifetime and if a good opportunity comes around you will be screwed. Dont do it because it will not be worth it in the long run.

Unregistered
    HAHAHA. really so you will sign a contract for 2 years and be stuck with ag or pay them back. Trust me they will not be like other agencies who dont enforce the contract. They will make you pay that money back if you leave 1 second before your contract is up. 2 years in ag is like a lifetime and if a good opportunity comes around you will be screwed. Dont do it because it will not be worth it in the long run.
    DO you work for aggressive? And if you do why are you still working there?

Unregistered
    DO you work for aggressive? And if you do why are you still working there?
    Corrections Agg* . Auto correct input a wrong word.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast