In the Hiring Process Right Now
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

In the Hiring Process Right Now

Holy smokes, I have never heard so much displeasure from agency employees in my life. I am currently in your background stage but after reading all of these threads I'm tempted to withdraw. This is an entry level job for me in law enforcement. I am already certified and would like to take the job because I will be having a child soon. But man oh man I can honestly say you guys have scared the turd out of me. Is there anything positive to hear from this agency or is it astill dark and gloomy as its portrayed.

Unregistered
    Run and dont look back. Fyi JSO is hiring a ton so might look there and surrounding agencies because people will be leaving them for JSO.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Run and dont look back. Fyi JSO is hiring a ton so might look there and surrounding agencies because people will be leaving them for JSO.
    That's really discouraging. Unfortunately I have to provide for my family. I am in the process for other agencies but I have a first come first serve attitude right now. The negativity is ridiculous though. I'm sure the are worse agencies to work for. Don't you think?

Unregistered
    It would be good if the brass wasn't filled with dumbasses that couldn't even process a simple No DL arrest. We could be a great tool in many apesects of the law, but unfortunately untill the hiring becomes more strict and the road guards retire, we're stuck as the special ed department.

Unregistered
    It would be good if the brass wasn't filled with dumbasses that couldn't even process a simple No DL arrest. We could be a great tool in many apesects of the law, but unfortunately untill the hiring becomes more strict and the road guards retire, we're stuck as the special ed department.
    In a perfect world I believe new comers like myself who have drive and determination can be a change to the agency. I'm not thinking about coming in and changing things but with new minds come new thoughts. Well see how things go. I'm still motivated. My family comes first and I have to be their provider so when I get the job I'll show up to work. At least I have some knowledge and can better prepare my self and my attitude towards the bull you guys have described.

Unregistered
    In a perfect world I believe new comers like myself who have drive and determination can be a change to the agency. At least I have some knowledge and can better prepare my self and my attitude towards the bull you guys have described.
    It's not a perfect world, its a world run by fellas who didn't make it at other agencies. Plus there aint enough self help books in the galaxy to prepare you for cleaning toilets and mopping floors and getting a lower evaluation than a guy who works a lot less because he window shops his inspections and just writes tags down as they pass through the ramp or keeps a list of tags that he re-writes to keep his numbers up by doing less than you. Point this dishonesty out to your corporal or sergeant and he will let the chain of command know that you're a trouble maker and suddenly youre black listed. Drive and determination just gets you put on an island because the supervisors promote because they didnt rock the boat and they don't want someone out there making waves. They want folks who scan lots of bills and give advisory notices. I have 1 piece of advice and that to not burn any bridges with them local agencies because you're going to want to go back there soon enough to reprocess. There has been a whole bunch of guys come in here with your attitude only to get burned by this place. And contrary to what the kool aid chuggers say there's no change coming because for every road guard retiree they hire two new slugs.

Unregistered
    ^^^this guys got the knowledge. everyone was motivated at one point, now were just waiting on opening somewhere else. Good place to keep your certificate active, but this place will never truly be a law enforcement intity.

Unregistered
    Okay so I got it work sucks how do you guys feel about newcomers you guys feel that the agency just shouldn't hire any more people because it's a waste of time? Are you guys usually friendly to newcomers or just give him the cold shoulder when they arrived for fto training. Did you guys feel like there is a Brotherhood between the lower ranks apart from the admins are those everybody just hate each other? And what is this tag thing that you're talking about is that like illegal or unethical or is it a way to get work done in an easier way

It's not a perfect world, its a world run by fellas who didn't make it at other agencies. Plus there aint enough self help books in the galaxy to prepare you for cleaning toilets and mopping floors and getting a lower evaluation than a guy who works a lot less because he window shops his inspections and just writes tags down as they pass through the ramp or keeps a list of tags that he re-writes to keep his numbers up by doing less than you. Point this dishonesty out to your corporal or sergeant and he will let the chain of command know that you're a trouble maker and suddenly youre black listed. Drive and determination just gets you put on an island because the supervisors promote because they didnt rock the boat and they don't want someone out there making waves. They want folks who scan lots of bills and give advisory notices. I have 1 piece of advice and that to not burn any bridges with them local agencies because you're going to want to go back there soon enough to reprocess. There has been a whole bunch of guys come in here with your attitude only to get burned by this place. And contrary to what the kool aid chuggers say there's no change coming because for every road guard retiree they hire two new slugs.

Unregistered

hiring process

Do not listen to the stuff being posted, this job is what you make it. With new administration in place the Department is gaining the respect it deserves from other agencies. The things they speak of are slowly going away and the past several years the agency has evolved. Now is a perfect time to join the agency to be a part of the change. I dont care what agency you choose to work for, it all has the same type of problems. Everyone has there opinion and probably had a bad experience on the shift they work on. But there are alot of good people that want to make a difference and they are. Yes it has its problems and still is making progress from where it needs to be. But the department has been making positive changes and putting the right people in the right place. Keep your positive attitude and dont let anyone bring that down. This department needs that kind of enthusiasm.

Unregistered
    Do not listen to the stuff being posted, this job is what you make it. With new administration in place the Department is gaining the respect it deserves from other agencies. The things they speak of are slowly going away and the past several years the agency has evolved. Now is a perfect time to join the agency to be a part of the change. I dont care what agency you choose to work for, it all has the same type of problems. Everyone has there opinion and probably had a bad experience on the shift they work on. But there are alot of good people that want to make a difference and they are. Yes it has its problems and still is making progress from where it needs to be. But the department has been making positive changes and putting the right people in the right place. Keep your positive attitude and dont let anyone bring that down. This department needs that kind of enthusiasm.
    And this was probably written by one of them do-boys that got promoted. The way up the ladder is to kiss butt and act like you're a good ole, church going, hunting and fishing redneck.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast