Mark Schrader
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Schrader

Groveland

Mark Schrader

Mark Schrader has applied to be chief in my department. Is this good?

OK!

OK

If you like to be micromanaged and investigated for every complaint that comes in on you.

He destroyed this Department.

Unregistered

Thumbs up Run......

Quote Originally Posted by Groveland View Post
    Mark Schrader has applied to be chief in my department. Is this good?
    We have been celebrating ever since he left. I doubt you will do the same when he gets there. Hopefully whoever makes the decision to fill your Chief position asks around because it would be a disaster for your agency if he gets the job. Good luck.

Unregistered
    How are things now under the new admin? I hope everyone is safe out there.

Unregistered
    Oh good lord. I pray for all of you that he isn't picked for the job. I'm nearing retirement at this agency and never in all of my years here have I seen morale lower than when he was here, or anyone disliked as much as he was. Good luck.

Unregistered

A friend's opinion.

He's a ruthless opportunist who would make a pact with the devil if it benefited him.

Unregistered

Very glad that he's not your chief.

I realize that in regard to this particular thread, this ship has sailed long ago. Thankfully this individual did not get the chance to ruin either the Groveland Police Department or the Punta Gorda Police Department by becoming chief over either department. I am grateful that these two cities will not have to deal with the damage he can do, and I’m grateful that he won’t have the opportunity to damage or destroy the lives of those in these departments.

This thread still haunts me because of the damage he did at the Highlands County Sheriff’s Office and the lives he damaged or destroyed here. The thought of him gaining a position of authority over another department is frightening.

This man was given the nickname of “Darth Schrader” while at HCSO, because of the enjoyment he took in being cruel to others. In the Star Wars movie series Darth Vader was a force of incredible evil who caused fear in the hearts of those around him. I believe that most normal human beings would take a long, hard look in the mirror if they were compared to such a figure by those that they worked with. Not our boy Mark. No sir. Mark took pride in being thought of as Darth Schrader; he seemed to enjoy the name and the reputation.

Many of us personally observed Mark going out into the parking lots, pressing his face and hands against the windows of department vehicles like a child, looking for spit cups or cigarettes to see if the officers were using tobacco. Seriously, here you have a senior administrator, the second in command of a sheriff’s office, and this is important to him? He is certainly the type to try to dig up anything on anyone to try to cause them problems in their life or career. Don’t get me wrong, I fully understand that employees need to comply with department policies, but for a senior official to regularly do something so childish is ridiculous and petty.

Darth Schrader was a unique character. If he decided that he wanted to get you there was no shaking him. He would sit tirelessly at his desk, watching hour upon hour of dash camera video until he found a reason, no matter how petty, to discipline you. You would then find yourself added to the ever growing number of Internal Affairs complaints filed against the officers. The damage this man did to the careers of our officers via the I.A. process is incredible, and much of it over trivial, petty offenses that could have been handled by other forms of discipline. If anyone doubts this, please do a records request for the number of I.A.s done by he and sheriff Benton versus the number done by the previous and current administrations.

While on the topic of discipline let me address an area where discipline should have been implemented but was not. Under Darth’s “leadership” there were administrators and/or command staff sleeping with the wives of rank-and-file deputies. Yes, persons in authority over the rank-and-file of the department sleeping with the wives of their subordinates and other officers. This may have been verbally addressed at some point, I don’t know. I do know that of all of the many, many trivial I.A.’s conducted upon members of this agency, not a one was initiated for these offenses. I suppose that’s only reasonable since the resources were tied up with really important things like tobacco use, a personal sticker on a patrol car, a deputy wearing a flag pin on his uniform, or similar offenses.

Darth has two very disturbing philosophies. First, he looks at other human beings as simply “a tool in my tool belt.” This is sickening to me, but it explains why he can so easily be so cruel to so many people. He views them as things lesser than himself, not as human beings with rights, feelings, and value. He is a monster.

He claims to have learned his second philosophy while serving in the Army. He often stated that “a good leader is hated by his men.” Really? Really? You learned this in the Army? The United States Army? I too served and this is the polar opposite from what I learned and experienced. I found that the best leaders EARNED THE RESPECT of their troops, inspired them, and led them by example. History bears this out and to see that it’s true one only needs to open a few history books. Darth is not a leader, he is a bully who pushes from behind instead of leading from the front. He is a prime example of the hypocritical “do as I say, not as I do” mentality.

“Darth Schrader” is probably one of the smallest people, one of the cruelest, most petty tyrants that I have crossed paths with in life.

I for one do not miss him, and I am certainly glad that he is gone from this agency. I dread the thought of him ever becoming a police chief, or gaining another position of authority over others. He is a monster, and he should be kept away from people where he likes to do harm.

Why do I post this so many months after the fact? Simple. People deserve to know that there is much more to this man than what he lists on a resume. Yes, his credentials look good on paper, but please, for the sake of your employees and city budget, do some thorough digging on this guy before you consider employing him. Please DO NOT take my word for it in the things that I have written; take the extra time to dig. Pull records from HCSO and talk to the people there. If you are considering him for a position with your agency or company take the time to do thorough research. You will save yourselves a load of headaches and litigation down the road.

Unregistered

Wildwood PD

He is on the list for Wildwood PD now.

OK!

Run

If you have ever worked for a micromanager this guy taught him

PhD in Micromanagement

He will make coming to work hell

Unregistered
    This guy is just who the city manager deserves as a chief!

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast