Future - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Future

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    ABT's official position and one that was upheld this year in appeals court is,
    "Though authorized with incidental enforcement authority over other violations of law, the Division lacks substantive authority to interpret the prohibitions and definitions of the criminal gambling statute or any other statutes outside the Beverage Law and the tobacco law not specifically assigned to the Division."
    Hence why it went to court for a ruling. Some just look for a reason / justification when an accident with injuries occurs right in front of them.

Unregistered
    So why do they continue to allow us to work gambling cases?

Unregistered
    ABT's official position and one that was upheld this year in appeals court is,
    "Though authorized with incidental enforcement authority over other violations of law, the Division lacks substantive authority to interpret the prohibitions and definitions of the criminal gambling statute or any other statutes outside the Beverage Law and the tobacco law not specifically assigned to the Division."
    Can you provide a link to the source document? I would like to read the whole thing. Thanks.

Unregistered
    They send that to us at another state agency so we can open up cases on the cases you already worked!

True. I'll take it a step further. I got snippy(sort of) at my LT because he asked me to send him something on a detail we worked, for "The Chronic". I get tired of it. The way he explained it was that it's either ask throughout the week and keep up with it, or he's scrambling around for the first half of Monday to put it together. Then Captain reviews. Then the Major. Then on to F2. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!!! It should be criminal that we spend as much time as we do on that thing, which most still don't read.

PLEASE, somebody from management come to your senses and stop wasting our time and YOURS. Back in the day the the LT's sent SIGNIFICANT activity via chain to the Director. SIGNIFICANT ONLY!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234