Future - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Future

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yep. Our statutory responsibility is the enforcement of Beverage Law. Yes, that includes dealing with underage issues. It doesn't matter what we did, all that matters is where we are headed. Keeping alcohol away from kids is what the citizens what us to do. There isn't one complaint on record from a parent concerning a fake Rick Ross CD at the Mini-Mart, yet we spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours eradicating that threat to youth (sarcasm for those with limited perception). Same for other tangents we took off on in an attempt to become "relevant". We are lucky to still be here after that nonsense. Our survival depends on our specialization. Work underage, be fair and proactive in the enforcement of Beverage Law, and we will be here for as long as there is a Florida. If you can't get behind that, it is time to move on. Next time you see Thomas or Janet, thank them for what they did to straighten out this place and make ABT great again.

Chief, this is all you need to know. The unvarnished truth.
    Well said... unfortunately there are still some folks who think making us the CIA/DEA/FBI is still our primary mission. Funny thing happened though... the folks who understood what our PRIMARY mission is under 20.165 outlasted all of those secret squirrel types.

Again, well said!

Unregistered
    Are any offices still working those dreaded male pills cases??

Unregistered
    The chronicles should be out shortly....

Unregistered
    Unfortunately... yes. We really have no choice if an inspector refers them to us. Plus, technically it is illegal. A waste of time and pain in the azz? Yes and Yes. BUT we get paid the same and it takes up time on my DAS!!!! Personally, I'd rather do this than crawl around some smoky bar at 1 AM trying to force someone into selling me a half smoked joint.

Unregistered
    The chronicles should be out shortly....
    Another waste of time. Perhaps the new chief can get rid of this exercise in futility. It should be for major happenings only!
    We don't need to know that the Ft Pierce office did 15 tobacco surveys with 1 buy. Great for them, but we all don't need to know that. Or that Joe Schmoe in Orlando went to a coalition meeting. Really?

Unregistered
    Another waste of time. Perhaps the new chief can get rid of this exercise in futility. It should be for major happenings only!
    We don't need to know that the Ft Pierce office did 15 tobacco surveys with 1 buy. Great for them, but we all don't need to know that. Or that Joe Schmoe in Orlando went to a coalition meeting. Really?
    In any bureaucracy, stability is achieved when you spend half your time reporting on the nothing you are doing.

Unregistered
    In any bureaucracy, stability is achieved when you spend half your time reporting on the nothing you are doing.
    True. I'll take it a step further. I got snippy(sort of) at my LT because he asked me to send him something on a detail we worked, for "The Chronic". I get tired of it. The way he explained it was that it's either ask throughout the week and keep up with it, or he's scrambling around for the first half of Monday to put it together. Then Captain reviews. Then the Major. Then on to F2. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!!! It should be criminal that we spend as much time as we do on that thing, which most still don't read.

PLEASE, somebody from management come to your senses and stop wasting our time and YOURS. Back in the day the the LT's sent SIGNIFICANT activity via chain to the Director. SIGNIFICANT ONLY!!!

Unregistered
    I slept so much better last week knowing margate completed their annual vehicle inspections.

Unregistered

Accurate reporting

The cronic, now that's funny! This is a necessary evil. It is job security for f2. Gives him something to do other than standing around with that funny "i've got to go to the bathroom smirk on his face."

Unregistered
    It's pretty funny to blame f2 for something that was started before he got here. It's the director himself that has requested the tweaks to it since he has been here. No new chief is going to change that. How hard is it to send a short recap for what u did. It's the ones who do nothing that complain, just a thought for the chronic times.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast