I'm a Comp Shooter - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered

The good, the bad and the dumb.

It seems that no matter what changes are happening, there will always be complainers. These are the ones that are probably miserable in this career. I will admit that I was skeptical about the new sheriff and the changes he will bring. I had a great distain for the agency, to be honest. Now, I am extremely excited and pleased with the way things are going so far, to include this new policy. I love the .40 and enjoy shooting my personal .45 as well. If I choose to, I can use either, or carry the 9mm, which I probably will. But, I have a choice. If I don't like the 9mm, guess what? I don't have to carry it. The 9mm is certainly easier to shoot and the difference between the ballistics is minimal at the most. We have a lot of new trainees coming in, many of whom have little experience with firearms. This gives deputys that are less experienced or even smaller the option to use the 9mm. This is part of the smaller picture in order to help the much needed growth of the agency.

Unregistered

Workmans Comp Shooter

I shot myself in the foot one time. Dog gone gall dog b.b. gun hurt!

Unregistered

Please

If you have questions or concerns, go to those who had the policy changed. They will be glad to educate you on the reasons it was changed.

Unregistered
    I got shot in the pee pee with a simunition. My dck hurt worse than when I had the clap the 2nd time.

Unregistered

If I was a comp shooter...

If I was going to pick a gun just for shooting competitions, it wouldn't be a 9x19mm. It would most likely be a .40S&W. You see, in IPSC, USPSA, and others, the 9mm (minor power factor) is in most divisions more harshly penalized for anything other than an Alpha (think a bullseye target 10 ring) hit, but .40, .45, and other "Major powerfactor" calibers are given a higher score even when they miss. This is because 9mm has the advantage of less recoil and less reloads, making it inherently easier to shoot quickly and accurately. In Production division and most IDPA divisions, 9mm is king because no scoring advantage is given to the larger calibers and all guns are limited to 10 or less rounds per mag. In summary, .40, .45, and single stack guns have to have their own special rules to be able to compete with 9mm. This has been true going back to the Colt 1911 .45 vs Browing Hi-power 9mm days

Anyways, don't let my facts and educated opinions keep you from your hate and discontent. Carry on.

Hank Aaron Denver
    I got a shotgun rifle and a 4 wheel drive. Thank God I'm a country boy! It's all I'll ever be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12