Employment question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    However these deputies are required to attend all the inservice training and annual physical abilities test yet get a much reduced salary and no real benefits.

Unregistered
    Go ANYWHERE else nearby. Pay and moral suck.

Unregistered
    Do yourself a favor - go to a real agency. One that pays, has a union, values it's employees. That doesn't happen here.

Unregistered

Anywhere is better than Manatee County.

Manatee has always been behind Sarasota. Not saying Sarasota is perfect, but like I said before, Manatee does not exactly have a stellar history, unless I am imagining their deputies going to federal prison, which I am not.

Manatee County Sheriffs Dept. SUCKS!

Unregistered

Why?

You must be pretty desperate if you actually WANT to come to Manatee County and work in law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have 14 years experience at another agaency. Does anyone know what pay level I would start at with Manatee County Sheriff’s Office if I applied

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Manatee has always been behind Sarasota. Not saying Sarasota is perfect, but like I said before, Manatee does not exactly have a stellar history, unless I am imagining their deputies going to federal prison, which I am not.

Manatee County Sheriffs Dept. SUCKS!

Our dispatchers have teeth which fold back. Theirs don't

Unregistered
    Yeah, Manatee County SO has no union so they can do anything they want to the deputies with no repercussions. Years back they found the attempts to unionize HARD. Actually paid HR director to go to anti-union training programs to bad mouth unions and they pulled the wool over the deputies eyes and defeated it. Hence low pay, low moral, and generally worst agency in the Tampa region in both work environment and respect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12